Millennials Are Turning Hair Transplants

• Administrators

The millennial generation, have been known to kill off industries like blockbuster and cable TV lol, but the hair transplant industry is BOOMING with millennial money haha. Why do you guys think that is? I'd love to hear some thoughts.

Millennials Are Turning To Hair Transplants

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I agree, millennials have better access now to better HT options at the swipe of a finger on a smartphone along with many honest patient perspectives that aren’t shills across the web and social media than in years and generations past, the sad thing is I’m seeing more and more younger guys (late teens and early 20’s) that have such advanced hair loss and balding compared to myself and older age groups so with that I can see the reason for the upsurge in HT’s.

Not sure I agree with millennials being the reason for killing off industry...they killed themselves off by being short-term profit-driven stubborn business that didn’t want to adapt to new technologies...blockbuster and cable companies dug their feet refusing to adapt to serving the internet generation so other industries were incubated and jumped in...too bad soo sad Big cable haha.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

I agree, millennials have better access now to better HT options at the swipe of a finger on a smartphone along with many honest patient perspectives that aren’t shills across the web and social media than in years and generations past, the sad thing is I’m seeing more and more younger guys (late teens and early 20’s) that have such advanced hair loss and balding compared to myself and older age groups so with that I can see the reason for the upsurge in HT’s.

Not sure I agree with millennials being the reason for killing off industry...they killed themselves off by being short-term profit-driven stubborn business that didn’t want to adapt to new technologies...blockbuster and cable companies dug their feet refusing to adapt to serving the internet generation so other industries were incubated and jumped in...too bad soo sad Big cable haha.

This is true. I think the movie industry is next. When I was a kid I went to the movies almost every weekend, now I think I go to the movies once a year. Eventually, new movies will be available to stream from home. Movie theaters will need to focus on creating an experience to attract people. It would have to be a reason to get people out of their home. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Interesting. One millennial stereotype I hear a lot is that they're strapped for cash, thanks to student loan burdens, skyrocketing rents, etc. And now, I see that they're spending more on wants like hair transplants (yes, a HT is largely a want, not a need). Seems paradoxical to me.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Damifino said:

Interesting. One millennial stereotype I hear a lot is that they're strapped for cash, thanks to student loan burdens, skyrocketing rents, etc. And now, I see that they're spending more on wants like hair transplants (yes, a HT is largely a want, not a need). Seems paradoxical to me.

Yes, this generation is overeducated and underpaid. Millennials earn more than the previous generation, but are far more likely to have a college education, which includes thousands of dollars in debt. However, hair matters a lot more now a days. Online dating, social media, all of this certainly adds to millennials wanting to have surgery.

• Like 1

View my thread

I agree with you Melvin. Nowadays, there are so many choices with things like online dating, etc. To get an edge and to distinguish yourself, hair can go a long way

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• Administrators

It really is tough. The world is a lot more connected. Back in the days, you could grow up in a small town, marry your high school sweetheart, get a good paying job right out of high school, buy a house and raise a family and that was pretty much it. Things have completely changed today. Everything is competitive dating, getting a job, the housing market. But then again the world is a lot more populated then it was 50 years ago.  

• Like 1

View my thread

Millennials seem to be lazy little know it all fat couch potatoes. On their phone or tablet 24/7. Hehehe, that's what  I see anyways.

A hair transplant is an easy upgrade for them. They sit in the chair and a doctor fixes them up while they watch a movie or voice text their online friends. In other words they don't have to do anything, as usual. :)

Almost instantl gratification(except for the 8 months wait, which they can wait out in their parents basement  like they always have). :D

I've had one millennial work under me so far. I ran his sorry little lazy ass out of there in no time.

College educated, knew nothing and Zero people skills, Zero common sense and zero mechanical aptitude.

Basically worthless.

Yeah, I hear. I'm conscious enough of my appearance (wouldn't be on the board otherwise), and I'm 43, married and settled down and all that. I'm damn glad that I don't have to navigate today's dating scene.

Edited by Damifino

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ndubya said:

Millennials seem to be lazy little know it all fat couch potatoes. On their phone or tablet 24/7. Hehehe, that's what  I see anyways.

A hair transplant is an easy upgrade for them. They sit in the chair and a doctor fixes them up while they watch a movie or voice text their online friends. In other words they don't have to do anything, as usual. :)

Almost instantl gratification(except for the 8 months wait, which they can wait out in their parents basement  like they always have). :D

I've had one millennial work under me so far. I ran his sorry little lazy ass out of there in no time.

College educated, knew nothing and Zero people skills, Zero common sense and zero mechanical aptitude.

Basically worthless.

🤣

View my thread

23 hours ago, Damifino said:

Millennials have always been the "experience" generation. They travel and don't spend too much on material goods, as a whole. Having said that, I think it's very understandable to spend 5-15k on a permanent, life altering experience compared to spending 20-40k on a vehicle [upgrade]. 

A similar comparison could be Breast enhancement . Breast enhancement has been increasing, when your argument would suggest a decrease (want, not need). It's simple value. Millennials see (generally) more value from something that is a life altering experience compared to the traditional spending on depreciating assets and consumer goods of previous generations.

I also agree with the notion that there are more resources (like this site!) that help them make informed decisions. Before sites like these (which still don't have a reach to a perspective user), the only way to know about HT was to stay up late and watch a Bosley infomercial. I wouldn't know anything about costs, credibility, or typical results. During that time, everyone's experience was the shitty plugs of the 80s and 90s. It still is the experience of several older generations as I've seen when I told them about my HT.

First issue is removing the misconception that HTs are not "mostly awful looking" ("I've never seen a good toupee" is a logical fallacy because good toupees cannot be distinguished from non toupees) with few exceptions. The docs recommended here are largely to almost completely successful. The next step is to promote the acceptance of HTs. I think millennials don't care as much as previous generations about gender and social taboos. This isn't as big a deal to millennials, so that's why I think there are more of them doing HTs. There are more men staying at home taking care of kids today while their spouse (regardless of gender) works compared to previous years. Our parents and their parents would have ROASTED them for that decision 30 years ago, as it wasn't manly. 

Growth in Stay-at-Home Fathers Driven by Those Caring for Family and Those Unable to Find Work

Edited by Lennney
Formatting

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Lennney said:

Millennials have always been the "experience" generation. They travel and don't spend too much on material goods, as a whole. Having said that, I think it's very understandable to spend 5-15k on a permanent, life altering experience compared to spending 20-40k on a vehicle [upgrade]. 

A similar comparison could be Breast enhancement . Breast enhancement has been increasing, when your argument would suggest a decrease (want, not need). It's simple value. Millennials see (generally) more value from something that is a life altering experience compared to the traditional spending on depreciating assets and consumer goods of previous generations.

I also agree with the notion that there are more resources (like this site!) that help them make informed decisions. Before sites like these (which still don't have a reach to a perspective user), the only way to know about HT was to stay up late and watch a Bosley infomercial. I wouldn't know anything about costs, credibility, or typical results. During that time, everyone's experience was the shitty plugs of the 80s and 90s. It still is the experience of several older generations as I've seen when I told them about my HT.

First issue is removing the misconception that HTs are not "mostly awful looking" ("I've never seen a good toupee" is a logical fallacy because good toupees cannot be distinguished from non toupees) with few exceptions. The docs recommended here are largely to almost completely successful. The next step is to promote the acceptance of HTs. I think millennials don't care as much as previous generations about gender and social taboos. This isn't as big a deal to millennials, so that's why I think there are more of them doing HTs. There are more men staying at home taking care of kids today while their spouse (regardless of gender) works compared to previous years. Our parents and their parents would have ROASTED them for that decision 30 years ago, as it wasn't manly. 

Growth in Stay-at-Home Fathers Driven by Those Caring for Family and Those Unable to Find Work

10/10 post great points I agree with everything.

View my thread

• Administrators

image.png

• Haha 1

View my thread

Boomers: Millennials are lazy money & time wasting moochers with are spoiled and feel entitled to everything, don’t own property or have a good job.😂

Millennials: Boomers are selfish and greedy and crashed the stock market and economy not once but twice because of their greedy gambling for more gains, and crashing the real estate market with their 2nd & 3rd summer homes they couldn’t afford. Feel entitled to every government hand out and will kill if someone takes their social security or Medicare away.😂

Boomers: Millennials have no direction. 😂

Millennials: Boomers can’t solve the problems they created.😂

etc etc etc...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

The irony is that aging boomers that are bashing millennials will be begging them to care for them as they get closer to meeting the Reaper...😂

Boomers: Sick union auto manufacturing job out of high school that lets my wife stay at our new home with our 3 kids.

Millennials: *not born for 50 years*

Boomers: *after achieving success* "We should destroy unions, social safety nets, and invest in the housing market like we did with beanie babies...."

Millennials: *In our common room, chilling with roommates, talking about how we need a masters degree to possibly afford our own condo after we pay off student loans*

Boomers: "God damn millennials. Whole country is going downhill!"

• Haha 1

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

6 minutes ago, Lennney said:

Boomers: Sick union auto manufacturing job out of high school that lets my wife stay at our new home with our 3 kids.

Millennials: *not born for 50 years*

Boomers: *after achieving success* "We should destroy unions, social safety nets, and invest in the housing market like we did with beanie babies...."

Millennials: *In our common room, chilling with roommates, talking about how we need a masters degree to possibly afford our own condo after we pay off student loans*

Boomers: "God damn millennials. Whole country is going downhill!"

My suggestion to Millennials (Im not one by a few years)...do what I did...when my parents got too harsh or grumpy with me in my teens and twenties I would ALWAYS remind them that in a few decades I will have the ultimate upper-hand and will be collecting many brochures from 1-star Shadey Acres “retirement” homes....that kept them in check..😂😂😂

Edited by CosmoKramer
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

My suggestion to Millennials (Im not one by a few years)...do what I did...when my parents got too harsh or grumpy with me in my teens and twenties I would ALWAYS remind them that in a few decades I will have the ultimate upper-hand and will be collecting many brochures from 1-star Shadey Acres “retirement” homes....that kept them in check..😂😂😂

Ahh Gen X the generation that no one talks about haha 

View my thread

On 10/3/2019 at 5:37 PM, CosmoKramer said:

The irony is that aging boomers that are bashing millennials will be begging them to care for them as they get closer to meeting the Reaper...😂

Naw, us gen xer's actually "WORKED" our whole lifes. We have plenty of money to take care of ourselves when we get old. We only get on our phones or tabs when it is raining outside or after dark, because we work until dark.

Maybe I have just delt with the rejects, but Millennials fail to impress me.

4 minutes ago, ndubya said:

Naw, us gen xer's actually "WORKED" our whole lifes. We have plenty of money to take care of ourselves when we get old. We only get on our phones or tabs when it is raining outside or after dark, because we work until dark.

Maybe I have just delt with the rejects, but Millennials fail to impress me.

I’m referring to people currently in their 60’s & 70’s.

Depending on the extent of your loss, a hair transplant isn't prohibitively expensive, especially if you're like most millennials and you know you're unlikely to ever make enough money to retire anyway. *Shrug*

• Administrators
On 10/3/2019 at 5:33 PM, CosmoKramer said:

Hahaha Yup! We just sit back watch and laugh at the hypocritical generational bitching shitshow.

Last generation to have lived adulthood without the internet. It should be called the "stranger things generation" lol

• Haha 1

View my thread