Please help with choosing a Dr. ...Confusing myself

eb21007

Hi Guys !

I am new to the forum and would like to say thanks to all that contribute. This is absolutely the best HT forum .

Background : advanced Norwood 3 or possibly a 4 ...really unsure since my previous grafts have a all been frontal. And due to hormone usage I may have advanced the thinning in some areas.

49 years old and I have had 2 small ( 2k grafts) FUT procedures in a 20 year period . I never thought of Turkey for HT until I found this forum and the results you guys post as well as the in depth discussions.

Anyhow, I have been Dr shopping and have narrowed it down to a couple. I am on a mid tier budget, so Erdogan is out of the question. Matter fact, he quoted me  $4,000 grafts for 10K euro...wasn't expecting that much sticker shock.

I have been quoted by quoted that I need  3000-3500 grafts in temple , reinforce hairline and bring down 1cm max, also small balding area on crown. I have been taking 1 mg Propecia and Rogaine foam once and sometimes twice a day. 

Dr.s I am considering and whom have quoted me:

Dr Cinik

Dr Acar 

Transes medical ( the least expensive)

Dr Karadeniz

Dr. Apaydin

I am awaiting a quote from Demirosy . Also was told by Dr Balwi my hair is too dense and not to do transplant..he would do SMP.

My apologies for such a long post . I have been confusing myself over-researching the doctors . I am leaning heavily on going with Dr. Cinik, his staff answers all questions promptly etc.

I have attached photos of hair dry,  fresh out of bed hair lol, and a pic of my hair at 27

UPDATE : ADDED NORMAL PICS OF HOW I WEAR MY HAIR DAILY .

THANK YOU TO ALL- THAT GIVE ADVISE

IMG_4142.jpg.591a95a8f9e122708938711938c2b7b7.jpg

IMG_4139.jpg

IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg

IMG_4146.PNG

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4269 (1).PNG

IMG_4316.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg

064671A3-5BF1-45F6-A9C8-1E7433AC9CC2.JPG

0FCB21CD-B001-47CE-921C-E9B6D55F3139.JPG

Edited by eb21007
added new photos

You do have the option of doing nothing.  Your hairline is very conservative and you could lower it a cm, (about a finger's width).  Or just reinforce what you have and blend to the area right behind the hairline.  This would give you more uniform coverage. Concentrate to the first third and leave everything else the way it is.  It truly is crazy to put grafts in the crown at this point considering how young you are.  Be happy with the work in front and top and tackle the crown last if need be.  It is important to remember everyone has a whirl in the crown and thus it's the weakest point we all share.  Good thing you're using retention modalities.

SMP? Not a bad idea if you're happy with what you have.  This would help minimize the contrast and give the illusion of fuller density.  The problem is it fades away. How fast? It depends on how fast you metabolize the ink.  So this is probably something you'll have to repeat down the road.

While I understand these procedure are not inexpensive, I did see you bring up the cost issue a couple of times. Be careful.  This should not be the main reason why you choose a doctor/clinic.  Review plenty of photos, make a decision and then call the doctor and speak with him.  Tell him all about your background, why you chose him and tell him what you are hoping to pay.  You can even make yourself available and help the clinic fill a last minute slot.  The way I see it, 70% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

@lasercap thx for the advice. I definitely prefer HT over SMP.  The Dr.s that quoted me all have great results posted here, therefore I feel comfortable with any of them. It seems like Dr. Cinik has the most patients posting on here so I am leaning towards him. Two guys Ht that blew me away are @lukeyb1687and @Viktory

i would definitely lean towards Cinik. much more patient results to go off of.

i am surprised it’s quoted 3000-3500. i personally think your temples are fine. yes your frontal 1/3 can be reinforced but could probably be done with 2500-3000? idk that just my opinion.

good luck bro 

@hairlossPA I just checked my quotes from everyone and Dr. Cinik did recommend 2000- 2500 grafts. All others were 3000-3500 ..Erdogan said a mind blowing 5000

I am planning on Nov and will post my journey here.

• Administrators

Have you ever considered India? Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal have been doing great work, as well as Dr. Bhatti. I would also add Dr. Yaman to your list for Turkish surgeons. If you live in the US Dr. Vories is reasonably priced and will save you some travel time. I must say you look great for 49 man.  Lasercap gave you good advice. You could probably do nothing and add some hair fibers to look 20 years younger. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Melvin-Moderatorthx for your advice. hairfibers have been great for the crown, but horrible looking on front hairline and temples. I will look into Dr. Vories...thk you . I just got the iRestore laser helmet , curious to see if this helps improve thinning. 

My main concern is lowering hairline ( big A** forehead lol) building up thickness in the frontal 1/3 . Initially i didn't like that Dr Cinik quoted a low amount of grafts however now I see all of you guys are advocates for smaller sessions vs mega sessions that could deplete the donor area. I just want THICK HAIR AGAIN lol

Oh and thx for the compliment on aging ...I do botox, derma roll and fillers to hold my age ....because I like to date  young girls LOL

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, eb21007 said:

@Melvin-Moderatorthx for your advice. hairfibers have been great for the crown, but horrible looking on front hairline and temples. I will look into Dr. Vories...thk you . I just got the iRestore laser helmet , curious to see if this helps improve thinning. 

My main concern is lowering hairline ( big A** forehead lol) building up thickness in the frontal 1/3 . Initially i didn't like that Dr Cinik quoted a low amount of grafts however now I see all of you guys are advocates for smaller sessions vs mega sessions that could deplete the donor area. I just want THICK HAIR AGAIN lol

Oh and thx for the compliment on aging ...I do botox, derma roll and fillers to hold my age ....because I like to date  young girls LOL

🤣 well getting a hair transplant will definitely help

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

@Melvin-Moderatorsorry to keep blowing you up. I just found this article on your blog. in your opinion will I achieve at least 50% density in frontal 1/3 with 2500 grafts?

Also would i be classified as advanced norwood 3 ?

How Many Grafts per Square CM Are Required for Good Hair Transplant Density?

11/7/2016 8:45:38 PM

Question:

Just curious, in terms of getting good density from a hair transplant, how many grafts per cm2 would be needed?

Answer:

Achieving a 50% density level of original scalp density is a good goal to start with. It's been said that achieving 50% density will provide a good basis to support the illusion of coverage. Obviously in some cases a little more and in others with outstanding hair characteristics, a little less.

So the bottom line is that it will vary between individuals, depending on the degree of hair loss and their individual hair characteristics.

• Administrators

2,500 grafts should be enough to restore the frontal third. 

View my thread