Concerns 3 months after FUE

Hi all,

I always said I wouldn't be the paranoid guy writing in a panic because things aren't the way he thinks they should be at month 3.... Nevertheless, I'm a bit concerned about something.

Basically, a shade under 3 months following my FUE procedure, and I still seem to have visible bumps on my recipient area...I would have thought they would be gone by now. Anyone had this too?

Another , greater concern is that I seem to get a bit of itching through recipient, if i ever scratch it, even lightly, I seem to dislodge a scab...along with a hair or two.

Am I just being typical paranoid guy or is there something I should be worried about? Couldn't find any similar posts of guys with the same issues at the same stage I am...

• Administrators

At 3 months the grafts are under the skin. Scratching won't dislodge them, so no need to worry. In regards to the bumps. It's hard to say without pictures. Could be ingrown hairs that are trying to breakthrough the skin. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Cheers Melvin, I'll update with pictures later this evening. It's weird though, I don't feel like i'm dislodging grafts per se, I'm more worried it's grafts which somehow didn't take. Reason I'm saying this is because they are still with scabs attached and are relatively short, possibly around the length they were transplanted at if not slightly more.

It doesn't make sense as obviously I've been washing hair, running hands through hair, wearing helmets etc with various amounts of vigor in the last weeks, so don't understand why they'd itch and fall out now suddenly and not already.

• Administrators

You have the 3 month disease as I call it haha. Don't worry man you will start to see growth in the coming months. 3 months is long enough to feel like you've been waiting an eternity, but not long enough to see any substantial growth.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

It happens to the best of us haha. It's easy to say when it's not you, but believe me i've been there before too. 

View my thread

• Moderators

Itchiness can happen in both the donor area and the recipient area for several months after the procedure. Some people get it worse than others. At three months I wouldn't worry too much about it yet.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.