newbie question that will probably annoy everybody!

hello! i've got a bit of a newbie question about smp that maybe everyone will be like: do your research!!! that's fair enough. i will! i am gonna for sure. but anyway i thought i'd ask if there is sort of accepted 'best places to go for smp' list, like the top quality tatooists out there that everyone knows is the best? maybe there are many like 20 or 30 or maybe everyone's as good as each other?

by the way, i will tell my own hair restoration story by way of contributing soon enough. 

thanks for any help!

I can share this, from first hand experience.  Contact Dr. Arocha and his staff.  They trained in Italy, only use organic inks which are metabolized by the body.  They'll do it, reinforce it, and guaranteed for 1 year.  

Big difference between this and a tattoo which changes colors, uses another type of ink.  Not a good approach.

Call them for more information....

• Administrators

Shapiro Medical Group also has trained staff for SMP, definitely worth a call as well.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

that's very helpful and i appreciate it. i'll check this stuff out.

i actually only just heard of smp for the first time and am very interested. is it still relatively new? is it still kind of early days for smp unlike say hair transplants?

has anyone who has had it, ever seen other people with it beforehand, is that possible to do? or is it just pics from the tatooist? 

@LaserCap, do you know how long Dr Acocha has been using this new ink for? how many patients he has seen? i like the idea of an ink that fades quickly, despite accruing costs.

btw im in europe! i guess i should have said already

Edited by amsterdam2zurich

You just need to call and get answers to your questions.....

Typically this is done in two consecutive days.  The first day typically involves the foundation.  You return the next day and it is enhanced.  You return a third time a few weeks after that.  Then you have a year guarantee so this does take some time to fade. And, if it does, you only pay to enhance the area(s) you wish to enhance which is less than the original investment.

I've seen the procedure, and have met a number of patients that have had it.  I've also met with patients that did a tattoo which ended up turning either blue or CY, (crap yellowish). 

I believe they've been doing this  3-4 years?  Ask them.

thanks for that, i've contacted them with a few questions. 

were you impressed with some of the smp of people you'd met, not the crappy ones? do you think it looks good close up even? also, about the blue and crappy yellow tats, is that because the ink wasnt organic ink?

hope yo dont mind the questions, i just wanna get a handle on this

Don't mind at all. I am happy to help.

I was a consultant for this group. I saw first hand the before and after.  

Yellow and blue is typically from a tattoo.  These are typically permanent inks - totally different. Stay away from that process. 

Organic ink gets metabolized.  How often you return for touch-ups depends on how fast you metabolize the ink.  Some do it faster than others.

Stay away from natural organic pigments, they can cause many allergies.
Almost all pigments now are  synthetic organic, much safer.

The pigment can become blue even with synthetic organic pigments, it depends a lot on the color chosen and the depth of execution of the work. 

Edited by MirkoMensInk

I am the owner of Men's Ink, providing permanent and temporary scalp micropigmentation services.

thanks guys, appreciate it. @LaserCap, when you say you were consultant, you mean for this forum you went to various smp places to see results and gather data and stuff?

@MirkoMensInk when you say depth of execution do you mean into the skin? and if so, what is the best depth? and i suppose i have to ask :) what colour should is best? does it depend on the person?

thanks again btw

No, I was a consultant for Dr. Arocha.  I started contributing to this forum after finishing my contract with the practice. 

As to the depth, should be superficial.  Why would you want it deeper? You want the color on the surface so it minimizes the contrast of the dark hair and the light scalp, (just guessing).

Yes, obviously the needle should only penetrate superficially into the skin but not all operators work in this way and they go too deep into the skin, this together with the fact of using a color too dark, in many cases causes the color turns to blue.

In addition, the permanent pigment will keep its shape much better than the temporary and the temporary one,is important to say that it does not disappear in 100% of cases.

I am the owner of Men's Ink, providing permanent and temporary scalp micropigmentation services.

• 2 weeks later...

I inject at a depth of approximately .5mm. This will place it in the upper dermis keeping the dots nice and compressed so they appear like shaved hair stubble. 

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

On 10/11/2019 at 7:09 AM, hairthere said:

I inject at a depth of approximately .5mm. This will place it in the upper dermis keeping the dots nice and compressed so they appear like shaved hair stubble. 

Is it true that temporary ink does not always disappear?

7 hours ago, Atown said:

Is it true that temporary ink does not always disappear?

Hi Atown,

I can only speak about the product I use which is Beauty Medical brand. The reason their ink is temporary is twofold: the depth it's intended to be injected at (.5mm) and the composition of the pigment. So the injection depth places the pigment in the upper dermis. This means that over time as your skin exfoliates and peels, so does some of the pigment. 

From my personal experience (I had the procedure done 7 years ago-- before I was trained) the pigment did as advertised and is completely gone. If you inject the pigment deeper than .5mm I'm sure it would last longer but you would run the risk of the dots blowing out. So to answer your question, if done properly using Beauty Med pigments, it should always disappear eventually. And just to quell another rumor I've seen started on the Internet, you can remove temporary pigment with a laser problem. 

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com