Can I use rogaine once a day?

Hey guys I’ve been taking rogaine and finesteride for the past 2 years. been going great and I thank god I ran into this site and have learned so much from everyone hear.  

Just had a question I know part of the deal with using rogaine with finesteride is using rogaine twice a day. With my schedule and everything going on I continue to forget to putting it on at night. Is this ok to do or am I risking loosing my new hair that I’ve grown.  It’s been a month that I’ve been putting it on once a day. 

Thanks guys 

By using it twice a day you're getting 100% of the medication.  If you change it to once a day, you'll get 90%.  

I would just put it in at night, before going to bed that way you don't have to worry about it during the day.

I can understand this being a pain.  It is labor intensive...

Report on what you experience, if anything.

Topical minoxidil (regaine or rogaine) has a half life of 22 hours. Therefore once a day is enough. 

Edited by DrTBarghouthi
Typo

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators

I’ve been using once a day for the past 4-5 years and it works for me.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 9/25/2019 at 4:05 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’ve been using once a day for the past 4-5 years and it works for me.

Melvin - When you apply Lipogaine or Azelaic Acid...do any hair fall at all OR do you see some on your fingers?

For me, I do see some hair when I apply both.

• Administrators

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.