Help me make a final choice on surgeon

So I've been looking to get a hair transplant for a while to fix a receded hairline (mostly to get temple points filled in). I posted on here a few months ago and at the time I was mostly interested in going to India but I've also found a few hair transplant doctors in Turkey that I wouldn't mind using as well. On average I've been recommended around 2000 grafts to restore the hairline. Since I only have temporal recession I'm mostly interested in a doctor that has a good reputation for doing high quality hairline work. The doctors I have narrowed down on my list are:

Doctors in Turkey:

Dr Erkan Demirsoy

Pro's:

-Very budget friendly (only 1.25 euro a graft)

-Easy to get to as he's located in Istanbul

-Entire procedure can be done in one day

-Does most of the procedure himself (extraction and incisions and implanting is done by the nurses)

-Only does one patient a day

Con's:

-Does not do dense packing above 40 grafts per cm squared.

-Uses micromotor for extraction (don't know if this is really a con but always was under the impression that manual was better for reducing transection rates and leaving smaller scars on donor area)

Dr Pekiner Kaan

Pro's:

-Does entire procedure himself

-Does dense packing FUE in the range of 50-60 grafts per cm squared

-Uses manual extraction (hopefully leading to lower transection and smaller fue scars)

-Uses stick and place method for inserting grafts

-Seems to have good quality results with hairlines

Con's

-Price is a bit higher than demirsoy (2.15 euro a graft)

-Procedure would have to be completed over the course of two days as extraction is done manually.

-Slightly more difficult to get to as he's located  in Ankara, Turkey.

Doctors in India:

Dr. Bhatti

Pro's:

-Very extensive history on this forum with many documented cases.

-Does majority of procedure himself (extractions and incisions with nurses doing implanting)

-Price is very reasonable at 99 rupees a graft

-Seems to be good at handling Indian hair which is a plus as my background is basically south asian.

-Does only one patient per day

Cons:

-Does not seem the best at doing hairlines 

-Does not appear to do dense packing

-Has had some questionable results on this forum

-Difficult to get to as he's in Chandigarh, India

Eugenix:

Pros:

-Has some incredible results on this forum with patients having great growth and density after only 5-6 months.

-Uses DHT technique which may contribute to above average results

-Easy to travel to as they have a clinic in Delhi

-If results are authentic then this may very well be the best hair transplant clinic in India

-Haven't seen any bad results from them so far

Cons:

-Has a very limited history on this forum

-Operates out of multiple locations (don't really like when clinics have multiple locations)

-Not sure who does the procedure as they have multiple doctors

-Unsure how many patients they have per day (would prefer a clinic that only focuses on one patient per day)

-Prices are higher than average for an Indian clinic

In Turkey I'm leaning more to Pekiner Kaan and in India I'm looking at Eugenix as some of their results look incredible. Would appreciate any input or advice from the community. I'm looking to book my procedure near the beginning of next year.

front.JPG

front_hairline.jpg

left.jpg

right.jpg

top.JPG

Edited by bruce90

If you're going to India, Eugenix has been having a string of great results in last year or so. 

If you're concerned with density, sounds like they may be the place for you. I forget the docs names, but get the package with all-doc team if you decide to go there.

If you're looking to go to India, I do think that prices come down starting about the 3rd or so of January. Also, if you are interested in Bhatti, book two flights. One round trip from your location to Delhi, and a second, separate flight from Delhi to Chandigarh. It's more economical that way. Same advice follows for many other vacations (like booking to Bangkok and then to Vietnam for example). Check out Google flights (one way) to find cheapest airports to fly into (and fly FROM), and then book trip using those.

Rereading your comments about Eugenix, it should not matter the results after 6 months, only after hair fully matures (12-18months). As great as it is to have hair early, I've always been nervous of using "too much" too soon. You look like you currently need only hairline. I was in a very similar position. I'm now thinning on mid scalp, and I'll be looking to fill the top apparently much sooner than I anticipated. 

I don't have the density I originally had, but I have a hairline that is normal and not balding. If I had a choice, I'd pick less dense hair vs dense hairline & no hair in other areas (because I ran out using it all too soon). I'm pretty sure I'll advance to a high norwood. I don't know about your family history, but if there are several Norwood 6/7s, I'd be cautious of aiming for density as a primary concern.

Also, are you comfortable growing the back of your hair out longer? Your FUE scars will show if you keep this low of a haircut. I've seen members complain because they're surprised FUE isn't traceless.

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

Thanks for your response @Lennney

I've been monitoring your progress very carefully with Dr. Bhatti and I have to say that I am very impressed with your results.

Based on what I've seen with my family history I don't think I will ever fully lose my hair - my dad and all my uncles have the same type of male pattern baldness  where there is recession at the front but never any hair loss anywhere else. If there was any doubt in my mind about this then I wouldn't be concerned so much with the density. My main thought with that is that I just want to avoid having to do a second procedure to add more density in the future if for whatever reason I'm not fully satisfied with the results. Also the rest of my hair is still really dense and thick and would prefer if it matched as closely as possible (obviously I do understand that transplant hairs will never be able to obtain the same density as natural hairs).

I thought very long about doing an FUE procedure because I know there will be some level of scarring. I've seen a few guys cut there hair down to a one guard with almost no issues with visible scarring (I'm hoping I'm that lucky).This is probably the number reason that prevents me from doing a procedure as I didn't like the idea of having to keep my donor area long.

• Administrators

Look at patient results. This is what is the most important when researching surgeons. For example, @Lennney is a prime example of a real patient posted result. Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal have some great results as well. 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/researching-hair-transplant-surgeon-look-at-patient-results-first/3393

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, bruce90 said:

Thanks for your response @Lennney

I've been monitoring your progress very carefully with Dr. Bhatti and I have to say that I am very impressed with your results.

Based on what I've seen with my family history I don't think I will ever fully lose my hair - my dad and all my uncles have the same type of male pattern baldness  where there is recession at the front but never any hair loss anywhere else. If there was any doubt in my mind about this then I wouldn't be concerned so much with the density. My main thought with that is that I just want to avoid having to do a second procedure to add more density in the future if for whatever reason I'm not fully satisfied with the results. Also the rest of my hair is still really dense and thick and would prefer if it matched as closely as possible (obviously I do understand that transplant hairs will never be able to obtain the same density as natural hairs).

I thought very long about doing an FUE procedure because I know there will be some level of scarring. I've seen a few guys cut there hair down to a one guard with almost no issues with visible scarring (I'm hoping I'm that lucky).This is probably the number reason that prevents me from doing a procedure as I didn't like the idea of having to keep my donor area long.

I still think you'll have to keep your hair longer than the pictures you provide, but under 2.5 centimeters for sure. Even something like 1.5 centimeters is probably sufficient to hide the scarring. You can still have somewhat of a fade because your nape won't be touched.

Melvin mentioned the two docs who are talented at Eugenix. I would look for flights first to Delhi from your location. You need to see how much airfare is and possibly what are less expensive times to fly out are. Once you know generally when is good, I would call for availability and quotation/consultation for their services. I think that will maximize your money spent, and it'll get you the results you're seeking. If your family doesn't get to severe norwoods, I too would be prioritizing dense, natural results. Sethi and Bansal have been putting out great results, especially with Indian clients. It sounds like they may be on your short list already. 

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide