Sun exposure and HAIR TRANSPLANT ?

Hello, I am concerned on sun exposure, my doctors said nothing about it but I mostly read on internet that doctors recommend no sun exposing for 12 months after hair transplant for the best result.

Opinon ?

Most believe 3 months....The most critical are the first 7-10 days due to the crusts.  If you burn, you will freckle permanently.  So, stay out of the sun until you scrub them off.  You can then do sun-block and a cap, (which you should be doing anyways).

If you peruse through this section of the forum, you will find some other threads regarding sun exposure that you will find informative.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

As gillenator said, you'll find lots of useful threads on the forum where this is discussed in great detail. You can do a forum search of certain key words that will filter them for you. In short, it's best to avoid the sun after a hair transplant for at least the first few months - although each doctor has their own guidelines as to how long you should do this. Anywhere from 3-6 months seems reasonable, though as you mentioned, some say to wait a full year. Personally, I think this is a bit overboard. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I think I would want at least 50% of the regrowth to have occurred.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY