Melvin-Moderator

When Researching A Hair Transplant Look At PATIENT RESULTS FIRST

People always ask me how to research a particular surgeon or clinic, my response is always look at real-patient posted results. When I was researching for hair transplant surgeons I happened to stumble upon this forum and I'm so grateful that I did.

As a community, we have strength and power and numbers and we learn about surgeons through our collective wisdom. This is why it is so important to spread the word about patient reviews and patient results and I want to thank every single person who has the courage to post their journey on this forum. 

When Researching A Hair Transplant Surgeon Look at PATIENT RESULTS FIRST

I might have completely missed it, but is there a way to search for a specific doctor ONLY in the surgeon review or patient results section on this site? 

I made the mistake of not recognising the difference between the clinic and patient postings here for a previous HT, so its an important lesson to learn.

Focusing in on patient postings is the only way to understand what a typical patient experiences during the recovery period, and curb any expectations about what your own results might eventually look like. The results posted by clinics are cherry picked and thus are the best case scenarios and should not be considered the standard. If they look amazing then that''s the clinic at its best, if any are unimpressive then maybe that clinic is not for you (and you have to wonder what their worst results look like 😱). 

Yes,

You can look up a specific surgeon on our Advanced Search Page we've invested a lot of time and energy in this function. This is why I feel this forum is the best researching tool on the web.