Fue 2500 Journey Begins!

Filipino35Fue

On 10/5/2019 at 9:40 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Wow that looks super clean. The donor healed up nicely and the recipient area looks killer.

Hi @Melvin-Moderator! Thanks man! I think so too! Most people just think I have slight sunburn to my head for some of the lingering redness. Anyone who does know is amazed it looks so natural! I’m quite pleased with the results so far :)

On 10/5/2019 at 11:10 AM, LeftHook said:

Awesome thread, @Filipino35Fue! 👏 👏 👏 

The detail that you've put into the regular updates is excellent, and very much appreciated. Every HT is a relatively long journey, and it's really cool that you've gone the extra mile to share the journey with us... so THANK YOU!!

I concurr with the rest of the family here, that the work looks really impressive, and now that the scabs are gone and there is no blood and gore, the scalp now looks like a work of art. 

Looking forward to your results in the upcoming months!

Hi @LeftHook thanks for the comment and feedback! I’m hoping my thread helps people out... I figured since I’m going through this I might as well share too! I’m so happy to hear you’ve enjoyed the updates! I’m hoping the next few months go by pretty quickly so I can continue to see results. 

I am a bit anxious of the “ugly duckling” phase I’ve read so much about as the hairs shed 😱 but only time will tell! 

• Like 1

Day 18 Updates!

I will keep it short and sweet today by bullet point because there aren’t many new things to discuss.

* Shedding: Light. It is not what I expected yet (and am secretly hoping I’m one of the fortunate few who do not shed at all). How do I know I’m shedding? Whenever I shampoo and condition my hair, I notice bits of hair in the foam. Good news is I can’t tell where they’re coming from and by this point the graphs should be secure. 

* Meeting with Dr. Diep: My short post-op meeting went well. It took about 10 minutes when he reviewed my scalp and let me know what to expect in the weeks to come. He said if by week 4 I haven’t shed, I am looking good to not undergo that part of the recovery, but that everyone’s progress is different. From what I’ve read, shedding can happen between Weeks 2-8 Post op. Naturally, I’m trying not to think about it.. if and when it happens, I’ll handle it haha. Dr. Diep commented that my recovery seems to be very quick considering how long it has been and he predicts I’ll have amazing results from what he can see so far. Here’s to crossing my fingers!

Dandruff/Dry Scalp: My dandruff has improved since using Norizal; however, now that it’s more on the controlled side, I’m reducing my use of it to only two times per week. Why? It’s very strong and is drying out my scalp. Dr. Diep also mentioned this is a side effect and told me to use any conditioner as long as I made sure to thoroughly wash it out to prevent build up and blockage of the graphs (or it could damage them). He specifically mentioned Dove brand, but said any type is fine with a good wash to prevent buildup. 

Redness: Redness continues but is fading slowly. I can super tell because I’m being so observant but I’m not sure others notice as closely as I do. I’ve only received compliments for my buzz cut / shorter hair which is nice! It’s pretty wild to compare before and current pics! I had some brief buyer’s remorse... then realized it does look really great in a few months! 

I am planning a picture update on Day 21!

Thanks for reading!

6 minutes ago, Filipino35Fue said:

Day 18 Updates!

I will keep it short and sweet today by bullet point because there aren’t many new things to discuss.

* Shedding: Light. It is not what I expected yet (and am secretly hoping I’m one of the fortunate few who do not shed at all). How do I know I’m shedding? Whenever I shampoo and condition my hair, I notice bits of hair in the foam. Good news is I can’t tell where they’re coming from and by this point the graphs should be secure. 

* Meeting with Dr. Diep: My short post-op meeting went well. It took about 10 minutes when he reviewed my scalp and let me know what to expect in the weeks to come. He said if by week 4 I haven’t shed, I am looking good to not undergo that part of the recovery, but that everyone’s progress is different. From what I’ve read, shedding can happen between Weeks 2-8 Post op. Naturally, I’m trying not to think about it.. if and when it happens, I’ll handle it haha. Dr. Diep commented that my recovery seems to be very quick considering how long it has been and he predicts I’ll have amazing results from what he can see so far. Here’s to crossing my fingers!

Dandruff/Dry Scalp: My dandruff has improved since using Norizal; however, now that it’s more on the controlled side, I’m reducing my use of it to only two times per week. Why? It’s very strong and is drying out my scalp. Dr. Diep also mentioned this is a side effect and told me to use any conditioner as long as I made sure to thoroughly wash it out to prevent build up and blockage of the graphs (or it could damage them). He specifically mentioned Dove brand, but said any type is fine with a good wash to prevent buildup. 

Redness: Redness continues but is fading slowly. I can super tell because I’m being so observant but I’m not sure others notice as closely as I do. I’ve only received compliments for my buzz cut / shorter hair which is nice! It’s pretty wild to compare before and current pics! I had some brief buyer’s remorse... then realized it does look really great in a few months! 

I am planning a picture update on Day 21!

Thanks for reading!

Nice updates. If you view my thread, I personally did not shed until about the 7th week? Almost at 2 months post op! I also wonder if this was when i started getting more aggresive with washing my hair. prior to it i was being very gentle with washing in the shower.

Edited by shookwon33

• 9 months later...