Considering HT in Turkey

Garysayshi

Hey everyone,

recently I have been thinking about going to turkey to get a hair transplant.  I posted three years ago considering it, a customer of mine recently got it done in Turkey with longevita and it made me think about it again. 

I have contacted dr.cinik and dr.yaman and they both said I have good donor area for a HT.  What do you guys think?  They both said i could get about 3000+ grafts from my donor area, and that I can get about 80% coverage.

I currently have a shaved head which I razor, and I do suit it and I am not on any medication for my hair loss.

I have a few concerns.

1. If I get a hair transplant done, will I be able to shave it close to the skin like I do now? 

2. What can I expect with a HT with my current hair loss? Will it look like I am “thinning”?

3.  Can I combine a HT with microscalp pigmentation and keep it buzzed?

What do you guys think? 

Thank you 

AAA228B9-6341-4C0A-9BD2-88EC604F08F0.jpeg

64B67313-882A-44F9-B05E-3E77A0B6E3C8.jpeg

0EA08404-3219-4FFF-9424-A0068C3053DF.jpeg

7C597262-6F8D-414A-A674-7866B56A7195.jpeg

CFC4F003-9650-43CA-B6AA-4728173965A2.jpeg

1) If you skin it after a HT, scar's will show i.e in the case of FUE small dots scattered about in the donor area. To what degree can vary sometimes from one person to another, but make no mistake scarring will be present.

2) With your level of loss, you should focus on the frontal area and framing off the face. 

3) Can certainly combine a HT with SMP however if you are thinking about skinning it after a HT,  you still have the same problem with scars showing in the donor area. Personally, if you are looking to buzz down to a guard 0/1, you may be better off just going down the SMP route with a reputable place and not going ahead with a HT

Thank you for your reply. 

Yeah I was thinking of maybe combining both, I’m not sure if I like the idea of just SMP as I seen it on a few people and you could tell it’s just tattooed on. 

If if I did buzz it, it would probs be down to a 1 or 2.

You may well get away with a guard 2. A lot usually depends on factors such as:

i) How many grafts are taken from the donor

ii) The pattern the grafts taken out  

iii) Your hair to skin colour contrast. Looks like you have darker hair so that and your fair skin may potentially show up scarring more compared to someone who has both fairer hair and skin.

Hi

Downside first, you hair loss is pretty advanced with a pretty large area to cover.

Upside, you couldn’t possibly loose more hair and your donor looks good and maybe consider a FUT to maximize your grafts and coverage, if not then an FUE concentrating on your frontal 1/3 area with a mature hairline design with SMP is reasonable and could get you were you want to be but do lots of research on patients similar to yours.

Good Luck

1 hour ago, Garysayshi said:

Why do you say that uncle drew?

Sorry mate just being honest...is a very large area to cover it looks like you are nowrword 6 it’s very hard to have a decent result...most likely u might have a hair transplant and u will not have the result expected and then u won’t be able to shave your head cuz of the scars and then u will be trapped for the rest of your life 

• 2 weeks later...

I was a Norwood VI as well.  3,000 grafts will not even come close to the coverage I’m sure you want.  I’ve had over 7,000 grafts (FUE) transplanted.  My crown area is still a bit thin but I’m fine with that.  

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Administrators

What are your expectations? I don’t like to say you’re not a candidate, just because you’re completely bald. 

While some guy with a Norwood 3 level of hair loss may say you’re hopeless, truthfully you can still get hair back. Now you’re never going to have a full head of hair. But realistically you can get a good amount back and use concealers to have the appearance of a full head of hair. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Sounds like you want to cut your hair really short.  If you're wondering about what your transplant would look like cut short, I'm posting a picture of my donor area prior to my second surgery.  Nearly 1,750 grafts came from this area.  You really don't notice the tiny scarring...in my opinion.  If your hair was a bit longer, you would never notice.

image.png.6034095ca02be190990d5dee7ab1ee48.png

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 10/5/2019 at 8:38 AM, JohnCasper said:

I was a Norwood VI as well.  3,000 grafts will not even come close to the coverage I’m sure you want.  I’ve had over 7,000 grafts (FUE) transplanted.  My crown area is still a bit thin but I’m fine with that.  

How much did you have to pay for all your transplants total, if you don’t mind me asking?  Or how much would one except to pay for that many grafts? 

Also would a transplant be a better shot for the OP if his crown didn’t dip quite so low?  

Edited by hanginginthewire

Dr. Vories is probably the most reasonable cost per graft around.  He charges $4-5 per graft depending on the total number.  He also extracts, makes incisions, and inserts every graft himself. 

• Administrators

I still don't think the OP has answered what his expectations are from surgery, this will make or break your candidacy. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.