Looking for Smaller Procedure Examples

tluser

Hi everyone,

It has been a good long while since I was last on the site, but I knew the day would come when I'd return to it. I believe I first joined when I was 23 or 24, and now four years later I know that it is time. It's time for me to take the plunge and have a procedure. My hair loss has been relatively minimal in the grand scheme of things. The loss is definitely apparent in the temples. Waiting these four years has given me a great idea of how much hair loss I can expect. Over the last year or so, it has definitely stabilized.

I'll be having a consultation or two in the next month, and I believe I won't need a surgery that is more than 1000 grafts. To be honest, I feel fairly confident that I won't need more than 850 grafts — which I know, I am fortunate to say. That said, I have been really curious about seeing smaller procedural work to get an idea of what is realistic but it has been extremely difficult to find on this site. A tool that would help people search for surgeries < or > X number of grafts would be incredibly helpful, but that unfortunately does not exist.

I would love if anyone can point me to surgeries between the 600-900 graft ballpark. Maybe there's a thread you've commented on, or remember specifically. I would love any input and pictures from surgeons who are lurking on the forums as well. With your help, I'll be one step closer to my hair restoration goals.

Thank you all!

5 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

Awesome idea btw @Melvin-Moderator

Thanks. I think it could help everyone find something similar to what they're looking for, or what they can expect. If there can be a search field made that targets a range < X grafts >, it could go a really long way. 

4 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

i had the same problem when i was trying to figure out my own coverage with my surgeries. You can go to elite coalition section and see surgeons postings and check by norwood and graft count i think, but as far that goes with patient listings here i dont think so.

Would be a pain to go back and tag all past results as well, but it would be an awesome idea for the site in the future

Definitely! Fingers crossed something like this could be developed moving forward 🤞