800 FUE scheduled with Dr Pradeep Sethi Eugenix for 2nd October 2019

eyesonyouuuu

I just read what you wrote about your  hair transplant being placed behind the hairline so I'll remove what I wrote earlier . As you mentioned you will  be consulting with Dr. Sethi tomorrow so you can always update us then.

Edited by kmgrafix

On 7/21/2020 at 9:33 PM, kmgrafix said:

I just read what you wrote about your  hair transplant being placed behind the hairline so I'll remove what I wrote earlier . As you mentioned you will  be consulting with Dr. Sethi tomorrow so you can always update us then.

Hello

The consultation was scheduled for yesterday but it did not happen. I asked the doctor today and he said that he is busy with some issues at clinic and otherwise so he will let Me know so I am guessing it might be a while before I have the consultation.

Regarding the result there is definite improvement when compared before ht and after ht. However what I feel is there hasnt been much improvement after the 5 month mark seeing the images of which doctor has said it showed 50-60% results. So thats an area of concern because after that doesnt seem much improvement.

• Administrators

I think the results look good for 800 grafts. What were your expectations? You have to remember the crown is considered a black hole for grafts, it may take up to 3,000 grafts to get density in the crown. 800 will be a small improvement, but is never going to fill it completely. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/24/2020 at 6:55 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I think the results look good for 800 grafts. What were your expectations? You have to remember the crown is considered a black hole for grafts, it may take up to 3,000 grafts to get density in the crown. 800 will be a small improvement, but is never going to fill it completely. 

I understand that lots of grafts can be required for crown. My expectations are to get 40-50% improvement over My 5 months result which the doctor had said was the result after seeing the 5 months pics. However it seems there has been little progress after 5 months.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, eyesonyouuuu said:

I understand that lots of grafts can be required for crown. My expectations are to get 40-50% improvement over My 5 months result which the doctor had said was the result after seeing the 5 months pics. However it seems there has been little progress after 5 months.

Im not sure if your expectations are realistic. 800 grafts will make little improvement in the crown, especially if you continue to lose more hair. It may be a communication issue. I feel this should’ve been conveyed to you prior to surgery. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

18 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Im not sure if your expectations are realistic. 800 grafts will make little improvement in the crown, especially if you continue to lose more hair. It may be a communication issue. I feel this should’ve been conveyed to you prior to surgery. 

I am sure there was no communication issue. When I met Dr Arika for consultation before the ht I had told her that My expectation was to get the appearance of the non balding person and I was willing to use more grafts if needed. After the consultation and before the ht I had again specifically asked her that after the ht would the area have appearance of a less bald person or a non balding person and more grafts can be used if required. She told Me that the result would give appearance of non balding person and since I have a small head and exisiting hair from previous ht the mentioned grafts would be enough.

Considering the progress after 5-6 months if it had continued at that speed the result would have been great but it seems like it has stopped after that. Might find out exact result after 1 year.

• Administrators

Well, there’s no way, you as a balding person would look non-balding with 800 grafts. It’s impossible. 

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Well, there’s no way, you as a balding person would look non-balding with 800 grafts. It’s impossible. 

Surely not how the doctor put it. Anyways the issue currently is whether there has been any improvement after 5 months and growth in the area where the hair were transplanted not in a new area.

On 7/23/2020 at 5:40 PM, eyesonyouuuu said:

Hello

The consultation was scheduled for yesterday but it did not happen. I asked the doctor today and he said that he is busy with some issues at clinic and otherwise so he will let Me know so I am guessing it might be a while before I have the consultation.

Regarding the result there is definite improvement when compared before ht and after ht. However what I feel is there hasnt been much improvement after the 5 month mark seeing the images of which doctor has said it showed 50-60% results. So thats an area of concern because after that doesnt seem much improvement.

Hello,

Please do let me know if the consultation has taken place yet. If not then please dm me your number and I shall arrange the consult at the earliest with our Dr Pradeep Sethi sir.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

On 7/30/2020 at 5:40 AM, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

Hello,

Please do let me know if the consultation has taken place yet. If not then please dm me your number and I shall arrange the consult at the earliest with our Dr Pradeep Sethi sir.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Hello

Thanks for the message. Unfortunately the consultation has not been done yet. I am sending the number in DM. Regards

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, eyesonyouuuu said:

Hello

Thanks for the message. Unfortunately the consultation has not been done yet. I am sending the number in DM. Regards

Thank you sir.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone

Here is the 10 month update. Nothing major to report off. I have marked 1 area which is of main concern where transplant was done but growth seems to be sparse if any.

Unfortunately no consultion even till now! With the help of @Gabreille Nelson Mukhia I have again sent the images to doctor last week. They have said that they will evaluate the images and let Me know so I will update the forum.

@Gabreille Nelson Mukhia Can you please check with the doctors if they had the time to evaluate the result? Thanks

20200810_205853.jpg

20200810_205921.jpg

20200810_205943.jpg

20200810_210005.jpg

20200810_210025.jpg

20200810_210038.jpg

20200810_210054.jpg

20200810_210111.jpg

20200810_210125.jpg

20200810_210243.jpg

On 8/20/2020 at 4:30 PM, eyesonyouuuu said:

Hello everyone

Here is the 10 month update. Nothing major to report off. I have marked 1 area which is of main concern where transplant was done but growth seems to be sparse if any.

Unfortunately no consultion even till now! With the help of @Gabreille Nelson Mukhia I have again sent the images to doctor last week. They have said that they will evaluate the images and let Me know so I will update the forum.

@Gabreille Nelson Mukhia Can you please check with the doctors if they had the time to evaluate the result? Thanks

20200810_205853.jpg

20200810_205921.jpg

20200810_205943.jpg

20200810_210005.jpg

20200810_210025.jpg

20200810_210038.jpg

20200810_210054.jpg

20200810_210111.jpg

20200810_210125.jpg

20200810_210243.jpg

Yes sir. Allow me to check. You were supposed to have a Skype call the other day. I'm not sure why it wasn't done. Allow me to check.

Edited by Gabreille Nelson Mukhia

Hello sir

I received a call from the doctor. Unfortunately I could not pick the call as I was asleep and didnt have prior information that I would get the call. The doctor informed Me on whatsapp it would be better if I can visit the clinic in gurgaon so they can check the result. So I will try to plan a visit to the clinic so that hopefully result can be better evaluated. Regards.

10 hours ago, eyesonyouuuu said:

Hello sir

I received a call from the doctor. Unfortunately I could not pick the call as I was asleep and didnt have prior information that I would get the call. The doctor informed Me on whatsapp it would be better if I can visit the clinic in gurgaon so they can check the result. So I will try to plan a visit to the clinic so that hopefully result can be better evaluated. Regards.

Okay sir. Please do let me know whenever your schedule permits you to come. 

• 1 year later...

I understand the TO being frustrated with the status, but I have difficulties to understand this case.

What was the goals of this surgery? The donor does not look great on this pics, but looks slightly better than 800 grafts max. IMO the goal could have been only: A) a test how your growth is or B) to slightly (!) even out the density on top on a very low level.

800 (or 1000) grafts, will do as much for this area. I had literally 4 (!) times the amount of grafts (and probably 5-6 times the amount of hairs) in a smaller area. 

Edited by Gasthoerer

On 1/29/2022 at 6:24 AM, George Clooney said:

@eyesonyouuuu I'm not sure if we'll ever see you again but if you return I'd like to know why only 800 grafts? Was it a limited donor issue? 

And did you ever get follow up from Eugenix? Is your donor totally depleted now for future surgeries?

@George Clooney Hello. Well I am here! Since I had earlier surgeries and also have DUPA (minituriasation in the donor area as well) there was limited donor. Thus 800 grafts. Though I guess I have around 800 to 1000 grafts from the beard if required.

I was able to get a follow up from the clinic in 2021. Though I have to say I had to chase them for around 1 month for the same (including multiple calls and message on this forum) which was not good since I was very anxious at that time and struggling to get an appointment for 1 month was not a pleasant experience.

However I was able to visit the clinic and meet Dr. Arika and everyone at the clinic including Dr Arika were very welcoming who came to meet Me from the surgery.

My assessment is that the result was around 90% (which is still good). 1 area in the crown didnt grow leading to a small patch. I also lost some more hair in other areas of the crown.

So this is the regime I am following now-

1.) I have started fin 1 mg daily

2.) I had started microneedling as well which I had to stop due to some reason. I will restart it again.

3.) I started using a RPB serum which again I had to stop due to some allergy. I will restart it again.

4.) I have started multivitamin tablets for hair along with taking vitamin B12 and Vitamin D3.  Also improved My diet.

5.) I am also consulting a local doctor in My city now since it is easier to coordinate and have got 2 PRP sessions done and will get the 3rd done in february. Hopefully I am able to share some regrowth pictures in the next few months!

On 1/29/2022 at 6:41 AM, Gasthoerer said:

I understand the TO being frustrated with the status, but I have difficulties to understand this case.

What was the goals of this surgery? The donor does not look great on this pics, but looks slightly better than 800 grafts max. IMO the goal could have been only: A) a test how your growth is or B) to slightly (!) even out the density on top on a very low level.

800 (or 1000) grafts, will do as much for this area. I had literally 4 (!) times the amount of grafts (and probably 5-6 times the amount of hairs) in a smaller area. 

@Gasthoerer

The goal was to cover the area so there is no use of concealers. I think it could have been achieved if the 10% hair which did not grow in 1 area had grown.

Overall I wont say I am frustrated with the result. 90% is still a very good result. Based on My experience I will recommend Eugenix 👍

Edited by eyesonyouuuu
  • Thanks 1