800 FUE scheduled with Dr Pradeep Sethi Eugenix for 2nd October 2019

eyesonyouuuu

Hello everyone

I had 2 HT previously with average results and looking for a 3rd one. After reading about many successful results on this forum I have scheduled the ht with Dr Pradeep Sethi. I had met Dr Arika for consultation. The doctor was very helpful and explained everything in detail. She said around 500 is required for the crown and 200-300 would be good for the area behind the hairline and hairline.

I hope My result would be great as many others in the forum. I will update this topic regularly after the ht.

• Like 1

It is with overwhelming gratitude that I welcome you to our Eugenix family. I hope our friendship only grows further here onward. We wish to uphold the trust that you have lent to us and we shall strive to only let this trust grow in the coming years. It would be my pleasure if you would like to share your feedback, doubts or any troubles with us. I can see only a bright future for the both of us.

Yours sincerely

• Like 2

Kind Regards
Abhinay Singh  -  I am no longer a representative for Eugenix Hair Sciences. If you want to contact them please see below:

Email : info@eugenix.in    WhatsApp Call/Message: +91 79-779-15534          My Hair Transplant Journey 
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

14 hours ago, eyesonyouuuu said:

Hello everyone

I had 2 HT previously with average results and looking for a 3rd one. After reading about many successful results on this forum I have scheduled the ht with Dr Pradeep Sethi. I had met Dr Arika for consultation. The doctor was very helpful and explained everything in detail. She said around 500 is required for the crown and 200-300 would be good for the area behind the hairline and hairline.

I hope My result would be great as many others in the forum. I will update this topic regularly after the ht.

Do you have any pictures of the areas you will be adding density to?

@Abhinay Singh Thanks!

@paddyirishman Thanks a lot for the wishes! I hope My result is great.

@LonelyGraft While I would be sharing detailed post after the transplant please find the images attached. Do note that the images are not a very correct representation since they were clicked from the phone camera and make the hair loss looks more worse than it is. On the basis of images doctor had suggested 2200 grafts but after the consultation I was informed 500 grafts for the crown and 200-300 for the area behind hairline would be required.

2.jpg

11.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone

A very delayed update on the topic. I would be updating monthly from now on. As mentioner earlier I had the ht on 2nd october and I would try to mention all the details for benefit of members-

Before the ht-

I had 2 ht done earlier 2500 grafts(?) and touch up of 700 grafts (?) from other clinic earlier with average result. While the 1st ht was still ok the 2nd one was bad which lead to almost no results. For the 3rd ht I contacted asmed and Dr Lorenzo. Both the clinic said that I am not a good candidate for ht as I have thinning in donor area as well and not sufficient grafts for a great result. This was around July 2018.

This was kind of a shock for Me as My hair loss was not very much after 2 ht and with only around 3300 grafts being used I was hoping I have enough for a good result. After that I consulted another very famous doctor in New Delhi who informed that i require around 2500 grafts and can get a good result with around 1000-1500 grafts from the scalp and rest from the beard. I almost finalised the doctor but did not get the ht done due to various other issues at that time.

Fast forward to 2019. I found out about Eugenix and searched about their results. Almost everyone had great reviews and results. I sent My pictures for evaluation and was informed I require around 2200 grafts to cover both the crown area and the area behind the hairline.

Since I live near to Gurgaon (around 5-6 hours away) I scheduled an appointment with Dr Arika for personal consultation for better evaluation. I had quite a few questions to ask so I wrote them else I may forget. The consultation fee of Dr Arika was Rs 2000 and I was worried I might be rushed during the consultation.

After few days I visited the clinic for consultation. The clinic is very modern. Its a 4 storey house with reception and the doctor office in the basement. OTs are on the ground floor. The doctor's residence is on the 1st floor and the 2nd floor is for patient rooms.

On visiting I had to wait around 5-10 min after which the counseller Ankita came to meet Me. I was asked normal questions about previous ht and other stuff. By that time Dr Arika was available for consultation. The consultation went very well. Dr Arika was very patient with all the queries I had and much of My nervousness was gone. One of the 1st things she said was that she only need around 500 grafts for the crown and 300 grafts for behind the hairline since I have hair in the crown and behind the hairline which were not visible in the photos sent earlier as they were not clear. I was pleasantly happy on listening that since My hair did not look that bad in normal conditions and earlier estimate of 2200-2500 grafts of various doctors looked too much.  All the 800 grafts could be taken from scalp donor and beard was not to be touched. I was hoping to use beard for future transplants but the doctor informed Me that My beard texture is curly as opposed to My hair and I should not be too dependent on the beard. That was a bit disappointing as I had hoped that I can use beard for future requirement.

The consultation lasted around 30 minutes. Dr Arika explained all the doubts I had regarding the ht. She suggested Me to start taking fin to prevent future hairloss but I am not comfortable taking that. I informed her I am planning to use ht, beard/chest hair translant and smp in future to acheive a normal result with realistic expectations. At no point was I rushed during the consultation and the experience was great. Now only thing left was to book the date for the ht.

• Like 1

Appointment and ht procedure-

So after consultation I planned to book for the ht. I requested for dates of Dr Pradeep Sethi since there were more results of Dr Pradeep on this forum though of I believe both the doctors are equally good. There was some confusion regarding the dates earlier as Dr had to travel somewhere during that week but 2nd October was booked for the ht. I opted for the comprehensive and exclusive pack which is Rs 120 per graft where 100% slits are done by doctor along with crucial parts of extraction and implantation.

On 1st october I reached clinic in afternoon.  I signed the pre op documentation and there was also anaesthesia administered for test to check if there would be any reaction. After that I met Dr Arika for around 15-20 min for further discussion regarding the ht next day. I did not meet Dr Pradeep as he had to go out of town due to some emergency.

Generally the stay is at the clinic only but since Dr Pradeep was not available on 1st october the surgeries of that day were postponed to 2nd as well and thus I was booked at a hotel nearby the clinic. I was coordinating with Mr Anil during this time and it was decided that My ht would be done in the morning since it was only 800 grafts so it can be completed by afternoon.

Next day I reached the clinic and by around 9 pm Dr Pradeep arrived. The doctor is very friendly in nature and the patient doesnt feel nervous. After that multiple photos were clicked to determine where all the grafts would be placed.

The doctor is very attentive about even small details. There is a proper photo room in the clinic with all the camera lenses, flash etc so that clear images can be clicked from every angle. The process took almost 30-40 minutes easily.

After that Dr Pradeep showed Me on computer what were the issues with My previous ht. Some grafts were placed at wrong angles in the temple area. The angles of graft placed in the hairline and behind was also wrong which is not much noticable otherwise but is very clear when you look at the pictures zoomed in. Also there were many 2-3 grafts placed in the hairline! Thankfully I have fine hair so they dont look like odd.

What I noticed was that Dr Pradeep kept on asking questions related to ht to the technicians and other staff as well to train the staff. So the staff at Euginex should be quite better than other places. The doctor informed Me that they will transplant the graft at correct angle behind the hairline so it would merge with the grafts placed at wrong angle and wont look odd. There are few other corrections which can be done but that can be addressed in further sittings. Dr Pradeep also informed that they would transplant 200 beard grafts for free to check how they grow. This was a nice gesture and I am thankful to Dr and Eugenix team for the same.

At around 11 am surgery started. The atmosphere in the ot was very casual with music playing. Dr Pradeep and Dr Arika were also very friendly and the patient would not feel nervous. This being My 3rd ht I was already aware of the procedure and pain which is kind of neglegible. 1 thing I had read was that anaesthesia to the beard is more painful than scalp but I felt it was almost the same.

The surgery was done by Dr Pradeep, Dr Arika and Dr Shishir and approx details are-

Slits- 100% by Dr Pradeep

Extraction- 25% by Dr Pradeep, 25% by Dr Arika, 40% by Dr Shishir. Around 100 grafts were extracted by technician which was a bit surprising. I hope it doesnt have a negative effect on the result.

Implantation- 100% by staff under supervision of Dr Pradeep and Dr Arika. For the last around 200 grafts the doctor were not present in the ot and I hope it would not matter to the end result.

The surgery was finished by around 5 pm and I was given post op instructions and a kit with many useful items. The instructions are simple-

1.) Leave the donor and transplanted area open while indoors and cover with a medical cap when outside to prevent dust.

2.) Spray saline every 2 hours for the 1st 7 days.

3.) Do not touch the transplanted area for 7 days. After 7 days scalp to be washed to remove the scabs.

4.) Be careful while sleeping for the 1st few days so that transplanted hairs are not affected.

5. 3 medicines to be taken thrice daily for 7 days. Every day the donor area has to be scrubbed with betadine scrub and then fucidin cream to be applied twice on the donor area for 7 days.

A kit is provided which includes- 1 spray bottle with saline, 1 extra saline bottle, some cotton bandages which can be used to clean the donor area, a sheet which you can place under your head while sleeping so that there are no marks on the bedsheet and a bandana/cap which you can use when going outside. The book "Autobiography of a Yogi" was also included. Medicine for 1-2 days is included and rest you can buy from outside.

I also bought 1 pack of supplements "Hair fact" which costs around Rs 1100 and last 1 month. It is optional and should be available outside also.

After the surgery a whatsapp group is created with the doctors where you can easily ask any doubts you may have and you get a response very soon. I have been coordinating with Mr Anil and he informed Me that I should send My daily pictures for the 1st 7 days on the group so the doctors can check if all is good. This is very good to know that the doctors are very accesible incase of any issue you face.

Overall My experience with Eugenix has been very good. Dr Pradeep, Dr Arika, Dr Shishir and all the other staff are all very friendly and polite. Now I am eagerly waiting for the results and hopefully it would be great like the other forum members. Tomorrow It would be 1 month after ht and I plan to ask the Doctor when can I get a haircut. I would also be visiting Delhi next week and I plan to visit the clinic again for consultation and prp and I would keep the forum updated.

Thanks for reading this long post. Apologies If I missed anything. If you have any queries or doubts feel free to ask. I will try My best to answer.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

22.jpg

111.jpg

Hello everyone

Here are the 1 month pics. Many hair fell along with the scabs and after that hair are falling regularly when I scratch or otherwise. Since the hair were transplanted between existing hairs it is difficult to know how many have fallen already and how many are left. Though seeing the crown area it seems that there are still left. I will send these images to Dr Pradeep and Dr Arika as well to know their opinion.

If you have any feedback please share. I was initially planning to use generic toppik to cover the area for 1st few months until I read that some doctors recommend against it. I asked Dr Arika and she told Me that after 20 days I can use it without any issue. Still I wonder If I should avoid it if possible. Although using toppik should result in better look I do not want to risk any regrowth.

20191101_183946.jpg

20191101_184024.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the update @eyesonyouuuu. Great write up. Im sure you will have a great result. Thanks for all the information which is very reassuring for me as I will be going to India also.

Im going to @DrPradeep and Dr.Arika @Eugenix Hair Science the week after next for my own HT which Im looking forward to. 

All the best for now @eyesonyouuuu 

........................Paddy..................

First of all, thank you so much @eyesonyouuuu for a most excellent write up of your experience. It is very comprehensive indeed. I'm having my HT at Eugenix next year, and your posts have given me a great understanding of what I can expect.

I'm very happy to know that the HT required a lot less grafts than the initial estimates. From 2500 down to 800 is remarkable, and it shows me that the doctors' ethics are right as they've not taken more grafts than needed. The complimentary 200 beard grafts is a very pleasant surprise also. Hopefully the beard grafts will yield very positive results and thereby give you further options in the future, just in case you need them. I really hope your results become another example of Eugenix success.

Your pre-HT crown hairloss looked somewhat similar to mine, although my bald spot was a lot bigger (I'll require 2500 grafts). And so although I do usually tend to be interested in the results on the crown for most Eugenix patients, I'm equally intruiged in the work done behind your hairline and mid scalp region, because it's looks like very interesting repair work, and that too without having to use thousands of grafts. I think it'll be great! :)

Please continue to keep us updated. We'll be rooting for your success! 

Hello @eyesonyouuuu

I read your introduction where you mentioned that you had consulted with Dr. Lorenzo and Asmed who had both felt that  you weren't a suitable candidate  case for a HT but I am curious to know whether thIs assessment  was made after them seeing your photos online or did you visit them in person?

Thanks  and all the best with your current HT!

Edited by kmgrafix

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone

First of all apologies I could not update the topic or reply earlier. I had gone out of Country and thus could not reply. After coming back I forgot about it until it was time for the 3 months update.

3 Months Update-

It has been 3 months after ht and attached are the images. From the images it is tough to say if the growth has started or if yes how many of the transplanted hair have started growing. I had visited the doctor for PRP 40 days after the ht. But have not been able to go after that due to cold weather here. I am hoping to go in 7-10 days for prp and to get an idea about the growth status. Because after 3 months one starts to get worried about the results!

I had sent the images to doctor as well and waiting for the reply. Please share your feedback about how it looks 3 month after ht.

1.jpg

2.jpg

@LeftHook Thanks a lot! I am also hoping for a great result!

@kmgrafix The assesments by both doctors were made after seeing the images. I wanted to visit Asmed in person but the clinic stopped replying once they concluded I was not a suitable candidate. However I guess any clinic which does "only" scalp hair transplantation would have made the same assessment that I am not a suitable candidate since only scalp donor area is not enough.

@paddyirishman All good till now. However getting to start a little worried about the results. How is your progress going? I cannot notice any scarring under the chin. I keep beard so the area from where the grafts were taken is little less dense. Maybe If I shave I would notice some scarring but with beard it all looks normal. Regarding the punch size I didnt ask the doctor so I have no idea.

@eyesonyouuuu Interesting to know as I was under the impression that Dr. Lorenz always asks the patient to visit his clinic  for an in person consultation first before he decides on what is best for the patient. As for your results so far, you should be more satisfied in the 4 and 5 month mark so wait  for another month or  so  before you start to see  your  hair thickening is what I feel!

Edited by kmgrafix

@kmgrafix Thanks for the reply. Yes I am also hoping the same. I am also planning to visit the clinic in next 10-15 days for better quality and also for the prp session. I will update at the 4 month mark with the pics. Regarding Dr Lorenzo from the images he said I had DUPA (Thinning in donor area as well) and thus not suitable candidate for ht.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...