Dr Bisanga Vs Dr Freitas

rocketmas

Hi,

I am down to two doctors now and am trying to make a decision on who would be a better choice. 

I am NW3, need 2500-2800 FUE grafts in the fontal, midscale and front-temporal regions. My pictures are attached. I am looking for a more youthful look and want the recessed sides filled up substantially and the thinning frontal/midscalp area. Temple point work is also desirable. 

I have reviewed results from both doctors and they are both very good and perhaps, both will give me great outcomes. I would however, like to know the finer differences between the two in their approach, what they are good at and what would be their special expertise over the other. 

I am sure many have walked this road before and attempted to decide between these two legends. Will appreciate the your thoughts on this. I plan to have surgery in next 3,4 months.

Thanks,S

S_Back.jpg

S_Right.jpg

S_Left.jpg

S_Front.JPG

either doctor would serve your case well, you have an excellent donor density and only need frontal and possibly some mid-scalp restoration -  naturalness and softness of the hairline should be your top priority  

don't both docs have a waiting list beyond 3-4 months?

Edited by home1212

Freitas is over a year waiting list but you can also get a canceled slot if you are lucky. From their vids I don't remember a lot of temple point work. Their hairlines are the best though. Not a lot of cases here but there is a Spanish forum where you can find many patient reviews.

Bisanga is a good bet too, though. He's great with cases like yours.

In your case I wouldn't do anything about temple points. You will look great with a new hair line. But that's just me.

Hi Home1212 And BjornBorg,

Thanks.

Yes, usually one can get a cancellation slot with Dr. Freitas if he is flexible. There are plenty of videos of Dr. Freitas work on his website and hairlines are great. 

Dr Bisanga is good I realize but perhaps a shade behind Dr. Freitas. Only negative with Dr. Freitas is that remote consultation is only through coordinator and not very interactive. He does not do video calls which is a concern to me. I like to have my HT plan ready before I travel and not leave it to the day before the surgery.

I find that well defined temple points add lot of character to a face and also frame it. Why do you think I should pass on the temple points ? My temple points are definitely thinned out and ill defined.

Thanks for inputs.

Sean

5 hours ago, rocketmas said:

Hi Home1212 And BjornBorg,

Thanks.

Yes, usually one can get a cancellation slot with Dr. Freitas if he is flexible. There are plenty of videos of Dr. Freitas work on his website and hairlines are great. 

Dr Bisanga is good I realize but perhaps a shade behind Dr. Freitas. Only negative with Dr. Freitas is that remote consultation is only through coordinator and not very interactive. He does not do video calls which is a concern to me. I like to have my HT plan ready before I travel and not leave it to the day before the surgery.

I find that well defined temple points add lot of character to a face and also frame it. Why do you think I should pass on the temple points ? My temple points are definitely thinned out and ill defined.

Thanks for inputs.

Sean

I agree about the effect of temple points. But we can't all look like Cristiano Ronaldo. To me a big part of a hair transplant is having reasonable expectations based on the specific situation. With a killer hairline nobody will look twice at those points.

What I'm looking to do myself is maximize the now while still having the long term future in mind. Meaning use those precious grafts to fill up that skull. Frontal third and hairline now and then come back in 5-10 years for a refill of the mid and crown if needed. Using 500+ grafts on temple points would be a gamble. Those babies will be needed up top.

Thanks.  I am not going to look like Ronaldo, with or without temples 😝. I agree about your point on reasonable expectation  and one needs to plan for the future also. I learn something new all the time ! Altlhough I am getting to mid-50's so don't plan on getting any more HT's. I will be done with this one. I also  500 grafts for temple points is a bit too much. If I can get them defined with 300 or so, I may go for them, else drop the issue. 

Are you planning an HT soon ? Whom are you considering ?

Cheers,

• Administrators

You're a surgeons dream, older with minimal hair loss and good donor characteristics. Truthfully, there are at least a dozen surgeons who would knock this out of the park. My suggestion is to go by real patient-posted results.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 9/27/2019 at 12:37 PM, BjornBorg said:

Mid 50's? I thought you were like 40. You have good skin and no grey hairs at that age, which is rare. With this knowledge I reinforce the point that nobody will ever look twice at your temple points.

Yes mate, I paid the deposition to De Freitas. Procedure in September 2020. :)

Bjorn,

Thanks

Had one HT in 2004 with Dr Ron Shapiro. Been using Rogaine and Propecia from the time they hit the market. That has certainly helped. As far as colouring goes that is a skilful hair colouring. I do have reasonable grey hair. Cant do much about it but colouring helps out.. As far as skin goes, I am lucky it has held up. 

I am probably going the Dr Freitas way as well. Will be in touch.

S

• Like 1