Is it harmful to touch grafts after smoking?

I had a hair transplant 5 weeks ago. At 5 weeks post-op, i got a haircut. The hairstylist was a very heavy smoker (she reeked of cigarette smoke). I’m not sure she washed her hands in between smoking and cutting my hair. Assuming she did not wash her hands, could the nicotine on her hands negatively impact my grafts? thanks. 

No.....The first three days are critical.  Most will say 7 days just for the sake of conservatism.  in 7-10 days there are pretty much no restrictions.  

If you smoke, yes-that could have an impact on hair loss.  But being touched by a smoker is not an issue other than to put up with the stink.

2 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

The first 3 days post op are critical for grafts, with the following week for safety measures.

At 5 weeks you should be fine - but im impressed if your grafts didnt shed by now as most guys have theirs shed in the first 4 weeks

We must be in the same wavelength......

1 minute ago, transplantedphil said:

hahahaha. i think i beat you to this one by around 30 seconds!

I wasn't referring to that.....It was more about the way you answered.  Very similar...particularly the 3 days and the "critical."  Good choice of words.

thanks for the replies!

11 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

im impressed if your grafts didnt shed by now as most guys have theirs shed in the first 4 weeks

poor choice of words on my part. yes, basically all of my grafts have shed at this point. sorry for the misunderstanding. 

13 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

If you smoke, yes-that could have an impact on hair loss.  But being touched by a smoker is not an issue other than to put up with the stink.

when you say smoking could lead to hair loss, are you referring to hair loss of the grafted hair specifically? or, alternatively, are you saying that smoking can lead to hair loss in general (even the native hair)?

I know the theory is that nicotine can stifle blood flow, thus resulting in poor growth of the transplanted hair. My concern was that the nicotine on the stylist’s hands could absorb into my scalp, resulting in impeded blood flow. does this sound like a rational theory?

thanks again for the input gentlemen.