My FUE hair transplant experience in Hungary

Andrei_I

Hi guys,

Wanted to share my hair transplant story.

To begin with, a little about myself: I’m 35 years old, my hair began to thin out somewhere around 20 years old. By age 35, I have a 4-5 degree of baldness in Norwood. In general, the state of my hairstyle did not bother me much, but of course I was not happy. Until recently, I did not think about a hair transplant, because knew almost nothing about this topic. But about a year ago, I found out from my colleague that he had made a FUE transplant in Hungary. His impressions of the procedure, and most importantly the result, were only positive. Therefore, after much deliberation, as well as a detailed study of the issue, I finally decided. First I contacted the clinic and sent my photos for analysis. An answer was sent to me with the proposed treatment plan - 6,000 hairs in the frontal and parietal region. The cost of the proposal was slightly higher than in Turkish clinics, but I decided not to save on such an important procedure and do it in a proven and well-established European clinic. In addition, a number of additional discounts are offered. The price of the procedure includes pickup at the Budapest airport, transfer to the apartment, accommodation for 3 nights, the procedure itself and meals (lunch) at the clinic, all necessary medications, transfer back to the airport. We flew in with my wife, the driver met us and drove to the apartment, gave some info about Budapest and what you can do in your free time. The apartments were quite comfortable and clean. There was everything necessary for a comfortable stay: cable TV, high-speed Internet, air conditioning, kitchen with dishes and other utensils. We had a good evening, and the next morning they were waiting for me in the clinic. The process begins with arrival at the clinic (10 minutes walk from the apartment) at about 8 in the morning. First I was met and taken to a separate room. There I read again the proposed treatment plan, and also signed all the necessary papers. Then a doctor came and talked about the upcoming procedure, answering all my questions. I took the necessary medications (antibiotic, painkiller, something to reduce the risk of bleeding and sedative), and then changed into disposable clothes. After they took me to another room, where they took several photos from different angles. Then they shaved baldly (or almost) and again took a picture. After that, the doctor, taking into account my wishes, marked with a marker on my head the hair line that was to be done. And after my approval, we moved to the operating room. The operating room itself is an ordinary room in which there is an operating table-chair, at which the doctor works, as well as several tables with microscopes and other instruments where assistants work. The first stage is the injection of anesthesia into the donor area from which donor hair is extracted along with the bulbs. The doctor makes several injections, which are a bit unpleasant, but quite tolerable. Then he conducts a pain test, and if there is no pain, he proceeds to work on the extraction of donor hair (grafts). At this time, you are lying on your stomach, and the doctor one by one removes hair grafts. The new generation FUE safe system is used. The diameter of the tool is only 0.6-0.8 mm, but this is enough to extract a graft containing a hair follicle, which contains an average of 1 to 3 hair, as well as a small piece of skin. The extracted grafts are carefully removed and placed in a special cloth treated with a solution. After that, the assistant takes the material and, under the microscope, separates the extracted grafts from each other and prepares them for implantation. The extraction process lasts about 2-2.5 hours. Then comes a break when you can relax and warm up a bit. Next, the implantation process begins - when you can comfortably sit in a chair and while the doctor is doing his job, watch movies that you can choose in advance. The implantation process consists in the following: the doctor makes punctures in the necessary area and then inserts the grafts previously extracted into these holes, with a special tool, to a depth of 3-4 mm. The diameter of the punctures is small, so it is possible to transplant a sufficiently large amount of hair per unit area (according to my calculations, more than 70 per square centimeter). This process is also painless and does not cause any unpleasant sensations, in time it takes about 2-3 hours. We finished on the first day at about 3 p.m., and I went home on foot. The next morning there was the same pattern - we started around 8 in the morning and finished after 15. My transplant procedure took 2 days, since it is almost impossible to transplant 6000 hairs in one day. It is difficult both for the doctor with assistants and for the patient. In addition, it can harm the hair follicles, which cannot be long outside their usual environment. In total, a little more than 6000 hairs or about 2600 grafts were transplanted to me (on average, each graft contained 2.3 hairs). After the procedure, they gave me all the necessary medicines, a special spray, told what can be done and what cannot be done during the recovery period. And the next morning we flew back home. In terms of recovery, the most difficult and most critical period is the first week. It is necessary to use a spray with physical. solution for moisturizing the scalp. You can only sleep on your back, and the first 2-3 days are generally half-sitting. In no case should implanted grafts be injured. Also, you cannot wash your hair for several days. Then it becomes easier: grafts take root and you can sleep in the usual position, start washing your hair (first with just warm water, and after 2 weeks with shampoo). After about 10 days, my hair and head looked as if there was no operation. Except that the hair on the head became much larger :) Unfortunately, this did not last long, because after about a month, most of the hair falls out. But only the core itself, and the bulb remains inside, in the skin and falls into a “sleep” mode, for about 3-6 months, after which a noticeable growth of new hair begins. Almost 2 months have passed since my operation, but I am already starting to notice a significant number of small new hairs, and this is good news. I look forward to the treasured mark of 3 months, when their number should begin to increase. And so until 9-12 months, when it will be possible to observe the final version. So far I have never regretted my decision. I hope my story helped you. If you have any questions - write, I will gladly share it.

P.S. I attach my photos before the operation and 3 weeks after

3 weeks.jpg

before.jpg