Botox for hair growth, potential new treatment?

My wife is an avid fan of Botox, (nor for hair). Stuff is pricey.  Can't imagine doing your whole head. The effect, as far as helping to relax the muscle(s) and help with wrinkles is about 4 months.  

I've heard of it being used in a number of applications....But not enough experience to render an opinion...Other than the stuff is expensive.

How biotech companies took a deadly very cheap 18th century rat poison and mixed it with some saline solution and sell it to gullible people at outrageous markups to get temporarily rid of their wrinkles and freeze their face is mind boggling to me, and now the turn to marketing to men for hair...just genius.

• Like 1

Botulism (toxins) for hair growth?...really?...:S

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 1 year later...

It's weird that with such a high level of modern medicine, there is still no normal remedy for baldness. Soon we will be walking around with neurochips in our brains, but our heads will still be bald. My gf recently graduated from the botox and dermal filler course in Preston, I'm thinking of asking her to do something like that. It will hardly be worse (except for the wallet). But in general, it's somehow hard to believe in it. Botox has been around for a long time, and if it was effective against baldness, then we would have been using it for a long time. Looks like another gimmick.

Edited by StevenD

• 2 weeks later...