When to do PRP with hair transplant?

Hi,

Are there any recommendations on when to do PRP with a hair transplant? Is it best to do it on the same day as the transplant, a week after or 4 weeks after?

I had my transplant performed 5 days ago and on the day I was told by my surgeon to wait 4 weeks post op to have a first session of PRP. 

Thank you,

Nylonhair

In my opinion, the best time to do a transplant is the day of the procedure.  PRP can do 2 things.  It can bring in the results of an intervention earlier, and can help reverse the miniaturization of the native hair.  Since you're already under local - the day of the procedure would be optimal.

But obviously, since you had your procedure days ago, it is likely the doctor will ask you to wait until everything heals. The sooner you do it, however, the better.  Yes, the procedure is important, but keeping the native hair should also be on the list of priorities.  If you keep losing, you will have to return to do a 2nd procedure to replace what you just lost. Hopefully you are doing some kind of medical regimen to help you with retention.

If the doctor told you to wait 4 weeks,  then there is your answer......