Michael Vories, MD FUE 4000 Grafts

This patient came in for his 6 month follow up after receiving 4000 FUE grafts over a two consecutive day session. 2500 grafts were placed in the frontal forelock/hairline, and 1500 grafts were placed in the midscalp. Patients with fine hair and extensive hair loss often present challenges with coverage, but with this patient the lack of contrast between the skin color and hair color helps with the illusion of density.  All grafts were harvested and placed by the physician. Full facial images are shown with the consent of the patient.

xx1.jpeg

xx2.jpeg

xx3.jpeg

xx4.jpeg

xx5.jpeg

xx6.jpeg

xx7.jpeg

xx8.jpeg

xx9.jpeg

xx10.jpeg

xx11.jpeg

xx12.jpeg

• Administrators

Nice change, this is a very difficult case. Good job 👏🏼 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Wow, that dark skin and light, fine hair combo is rough. Even so, I'd say this is a great improvement for him visually.

How severe was the hair loss pre-op? It's a tad harder to tell with the contrast and the fact that he has his head shaved, but it looks like he'd lost most of his native hair uptop already.

• 2 weeks later...

People do not realize the intricacies of a procedure. White hair is difficult to work with...you can't see it!  For the patient that does enjoy this color, and not everyone can carry it and still look youngish, it's truly wonderful.  It gives the illusion, as the doctor points out, of more density due to the lack of contrast.

Seems he is continuing to lose hair around the perimeter of the crown.  Hopefully he is doing something medicine wise to help with retention of the native hair.  

Nice placement of the hairline, this will serve him well.....

I do have a question.  If the doctor is harvesting and placing, what does the team do?  How long did the case take? Hopefully the doctor is only doing one case a day.  I would be concerned if I was the second patient knowing the doctor is tired after putting all his effort on the first case.

Our practice is a little unusual in that I like to do all of the extractions and placement myself. My assistant counts and collates the grafts as they are coming out, and during graft placement is loading the implanter pens as I do the insertion. For most cases I only use one assistant. For this reason we can only perform one procedure per day.

• Like 3