TO SHAVE OR GROW HAIR AFTER HAIRTRANSPLANT!

Hey lads,

I got a hair transplant 2 and a half months ago getting 3600 grafts in the frontal area and temples and i did not tell anyone besides my parents and i do not want anyone knowing. So i have been away from home studying overseas for my recovery period and i fly back home in 1 month meaning when i fly back i will be 3 and a half months post op. My question to you guys is did you just continue to grow you hair or did you shave it? for me i think my only option is to shave it as i am obviously thin in my temple area's in the early stages of post op which people will question. From your experices if i shave it down to a number 1 or 2 all over and cut the transplanted hair as short as possible with scissors will it all blend in or does it still look noticeably thin even when it is short short. Thanks boys :)

image1.thumb.jpeg.63772be0ec81fa713ea8dfb2de599aa0.jpeg

2 hours ago, zz333 said:

Hey lads,

I got a hair transplant 2 and a half months ago getting 3600 grafts in the frontal area and temples and i did not tell anyone besides my parents and i do not want anyone knowing. So i have been away from home studying overseas for my recovery period and i fly back home in 1 month meaning when i fly back i will be 3 and a half months post op. My question to you guys is did you just continue to grow you hair or did you shave it? for me i think my only option is to shave it as i am obviously thin in my temple area's in the early stages of post op which people will question. From your experices if i shave it down to a number 1 or 2 all over and cut the transplanted hair as short as possible with scissors will it all blend in or does it still look noticeably thin even when it is short short. Thanks boys :)

image1.thumb.jpeg.63772be0ec81fa713ea8dfb2de599aa0.jpeg

I would clip it down to #2 and put dermmatch all over. Will look like full set of hair.

• Like 1

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

How are people used to seeing you?  A dramatic change right off will draw attention to your hair.

• Like 1

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

As soon as I get home...shave.  And then just let everything grow in.  Typically hair starts coming in 3-4 months post op.  And, not all hair comes in at the same time.  I would then, with everyone paying attention, start wearing a hat. Let the hair come in naturally.  When you are good and ready, leave the cap behind.  That's what I would do.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dazed said:

How are people used to seeing you?  A dramatic change right off will draw attention to your hair.

i had hair down to my shoulders before procedure so a shaved head is a look no-one has ever seen so perhaps i just stick to it.

For me it was grow, grow, grow!

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

11 hours ago, zz333 said:

i had hair down to my shoulders before procedure so a shaved head is a look no-one has ever seen so perhaps i just stick to it.

You may have some residual redness that would be hidden by hair.  Shaving your head, a lot of times results in a white head.  Shaving your head draws attention to the one thing you are trying not to draw attention to.  I just don't see this as a very good tactic. 

• Like 1

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More