3400 Grafts FUE Dr. Hasson

FinallyHT

This is not the most detailed account of my surgery. But I do want to share my story and progress so far. 

I started losing hair rapidly at age 23. I immediately got onto Finasteride and have been on it for the last 13 years.  However the initial hair loss caused significant hair loss and the Finasteride has slowed the hair loss. Now that I am in my thirties and have money I decided to get a hair transplant.  I went to a very well know doctor in North America. He suggested we dense pack 3,400 grafts to match my sides. I was shocked that these many hair could be so densely packed. Also, the hair grafts took a solid thirty days to fall out.   The procedure took 14 hours but it was painless. 

Here are a few pictures of before surgery and after. I am currently at month 4.   

Before 2.jpg

Before1.jpg

67D8E5B0-3949-496F-95B5-21574812567A.jpeg

1AF5538C-0BA7-42A3-87AA-34BCD34F2F07.jpeg

CBC18804-17B1-4392-B7A9-3A6D486B65EB.jpeg

C27D42EB-4330-4DB9-B555-2238E20BA1D7.jpeg

D8B51704-D4C6-4F10-80AD-B7A36B505DA4.jpeg

35D41A5B-B8F0-4B8E-A76C-9FECFDD38C78.jpeg

Hairloss began at age 23. 

Oral Finasteride 1mg daily since 2006, Topical Minoxidil since 2012. Hair transplant 3,400 grafts 2019. Second hair transplant 2,400 grafts in 2023. 

I had surgery on April 22. The grafts did not start falling out until day 30. Here's how my hairs look like today, month 4 and half. 

Thoughts??

Month 4.5 second.jpg

Month 4.5.jpg

Oral Finasteride 1mg daily since 2006, Topical Minoxidil since 2012. Hair transplant 3,400 grafts 2019. Second hair transplant 2,400 grafts in 2023. 

4 minutes ago, FinallyHT said:

I had surgery on April 22. The grafts did not start falling out until day 30. Here's how my hairs look like today, month 4 and half. 

Thoughts??

Month 4.5 second.jpg

Month 4.5.jpg

Looks amazing to me for just 4.5 months! On left temple on pic you cant even tell a difference!

I was wondering if your natural hairline was this shape or this is something your doc. recommended? I was always wondering why some dr. make such pointy triangular hairline.

I'm sure it will turn out fantastic for you!

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

• Administrators

Who was the surgeon?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 9/12/2019 at 9:56 AM, Rolandas said:

Looks amazing to me for just 4.5 months! On left temple on pic you cant even tell a difference!

I was wondering if your natural hairline was this shape or this is something your doc. recommended? I was always wondering why some dr. make such pointy triangular hairline.

I'm sure it will turn out fantastic for you!

I had always had a widows peak. So I asked to keep it.  They wanted to lower the hairline even further, but said it would take two days of surgery.  I had originally been quoted 1700 grafts and then the morning of surgery, the Doctor said I would need double that to match the density.  And to significantly lower the the hairline would have been at least another 1,000 grafts. I want to see how this looks first and then do a touch up once I know how this turns out. 

Is it normal for hair grafts to grow faster on one side? I feel that my right has not grown any hairs yet. While the right side has grown a lot. I’m three days out from 5 months.  

Hairs have grown in where new hairs where inserted in bald areas - as in the new hairline. But I feel that hairs haven’t grown where they where placed down the vertex in between where hairs already existed. 

Edited by FinallyHT
Additional info

Month Five. Can I get some feedback please?

63B8C066-EFCF-4310-8079-AAAA17257CC0.jpeg

D3951C4B-C936-4A56-95FC-3BF195B37092.jpeg

EB52A4C6-336D-4E89-8CE4-AF54318F8504.jpeg

Edited by FinallyHT

I want to share my doctor after I see the final results. 

here’s another before and after.  Using Rogaine foam I am able to get volume and style my hair. I’m still waiting for the the majority of the grafts to grow still.  Only the extended hairline grafts have grown in. Or maybe I can’t see the new hairs that were placed down the vertex growing in yet. 

The new hairline makes me look a lot better!

thoughts?? Please provide me feedback. 

28FC27A2-E532-4FB8-8D7F-0D01933123FA.jpeg

CCCB0005-5C2E-44B0-A7DA-D46EBE3DD4A2.jpeg

Edited by FinallyHT

2 hours ago, FinallyHT said:

I want to share my doctor after I see the final results. 

here’s another before and after.  Using Rogaine foam I am able to get volume and style my hair. I’m still waiting for the the majority of the grafts to grow still.  Only the extended hairline grafts have grown in. Or maybe I can’t see the new hairs that were placed down the vertex growing in yet. 

The new hairline makes me look a lot better!

thoughts?? Please provide me feedback. 

28FC27A2-E532-4FB8-8D7F-0D01933123FA.jpeg

CCCB0005-5C2E-44B0-A7DA-D46EBE3DD4A2.jpeg

Growth looks very good thus far. 👍🏻

1st, most people would kill to have the hair you have.  

Smart to have kept a conservative hairline.  This will serve you well down the road.  It was brilliant for you to get on the meds as soon as you did.  I actually think this is contributing, (more than people realize), to the overall density you're enjoying.

Because of the density you have elsewhere...You may want to hit that front again down the road.  Just keep an eye on things particularly the contrast between the dark hair and the light scalp.  You could consider SMP down the road to minimize this if it becomes an issue.  The other thing I like is the way you are styling the hair.  By keeping the hair a bit longer it is shingling and also adding to the density.

I'm curious to learn what others have said about your hair.  Do they even realize you had something done?  At this stage people typically will ask if you've lost weight, etc...as they can not tell.....

Who did your work?

No one could tell I had a transplant. People saw I had a funky hair cut, but I just told them I had a cancerous mole removed. Plus the fue holes were gone in a few days. 

My guess with the extreme dense packing that was done in this area, it’s likely Dr.Hasson........don’t see anyone in North America or anywhere else with the surgical skill to pack em as tight as Hasson in the right situation for guys with medium to minimal hair loss like yourself......your result will be a home run....it’s already a home run 🤩

• Administrators

Your hair looks great. What are your expectations I would be over the moon with your results so far. I'm pretty sure your surgeon would be happy if you shared their name, as this is looking to be a great result.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Nice results, glad you kept that widow’s peak.   Nice work by the surgeon, whoever it is.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone think 3400 grafts was excessive? I’m still not seeing 3400 grafts growing in. 

Ten days out from six months. I feel like there’s more density. 

2F1FDD07-8BE7-4E8F-876A-DD7783D28CE6.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

You have killer results who is your surgeon? I’m not sure why you’re keeping it a secret.

View my thread

On 9/25/2019 at 1:16 AM, pre-screened said:

My guess with the extreme dense packing that was done in this area, it’s likely Dr.Hasson........don’t see anyone in North America or anywhere else with the surgical skill to pack em as tight as Hasson in the right situation for guys with medium to minimal hair loss like yourself......your result will be a home run....it’s already a home run 🤩

Looks like you were correct :)

Based on the photos- do you all think I will see more growth?