Considering a 2nd HT: this time to correct my receding hairline

A bit of background: I’m 33 and had my first HT 9 months ago. My problem was that my hair was very thin in the front and you could clearly see my scalp with a harsh light or when parting it. So the goal of the HT was to make that area a lot more dense. At that time, the doctor decided not to alter my hairline saying that it was the right kind of mature for my age, and being that wasn’t my main worry, I agreed and let him to what he wanted.

Now that the time has passed, I’m reasonably happy with the new density and thickness. And hopefully it still isn’t as full as it’ll be in 3 or 4 months. On the other side, I really regret not having corrected my receding hairline. As you can see in the photos, a “widow’s peak” is clearly present.

I’m seriously considering going through a 2nd HT in order to alter my hairline. I don’t want it to be fully “perfect” because it’d look fake then, but I’d prefer it less pronounced. 

How big would think (in terms of graphs) this would need to be? Those areas are small, but being at the front the density of hairs per cm2 needs to be very high.

199441B8-609C-4609-9286-1FA9F8537294.jpeg

30D67304-9B92-4D5B-BEC4-894903E12814.jpeg

FC546DCC-B5EF-4DDA-AD5E-454C24ABAFD8.jpeg

0E2F7471-ACE7-4EDA-86FE-CF57049EE22E.jpeg

2 minutes ago, RecessionProof said:

Your hairline looks very solid, I wouldn’t mess with it. Save the grafts for the future imo

Agree. I may be wrong but I seem to recollect the OP isn't using finasteride either so better of saving grafts for any future loss behind

1 hour ago, transplantedphil said:

I didnt hit full density until 10 months from my previous FUE, and your hairline is what most guys here would die for. Id wait until 18 months are reassess ... and even then youd be hard pressed to find anyone saying "omg he needs more hair." YOu are pretty much in the ideal situation

while its your body and your hair id say enjoy what you got

I might expressed myself wrongly. My issue isn’t with the results of the surgery, I’m fine with them (while hoping for more density in the months to come). What I want is to fill up my receding hairline, which was untouched in my first HT. I’m referring to the parts marked in red. How many graphs you think would be necessary?

CFAE65D5-0BBB-4F0F-842A-EAB5774042EF.jpeg

Edited by clerksband

Dont do it. Look at guys that are 43 and 53...your hairline is better than most of them. Once you do the hairline, you are stuck with it. Yours looks good. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

5 minutes ago, clerksband said:

I appreciate everyone’s comments on here. I still feel unsatisfied with my current hairline, but after hearing you all I’ll put a raincheck on it and wait 6 months or so before taking another look at it.

Good decision.

In the mean time you might want to give microneedling w/Minoxidil on your temples and hairline a try for at least a few months, you might get some good results that add more to what you’re looking for.

Hard to say....the photos you've posted only show the front third.  Good technique calls for not only strengthening the hairline, but blending grafts to the area behind it to avoid the island effect.  How far back? It depends on the loss....

Currently you still seem to have a youthful hairline with a bell shaped curve....Perhaps you want to add grafts to mimic the density you have elsewhere....Don't do it.  Being front heavy will catch up with you in the future.  Being just a bit weaker in the front adds to the naturalness. I think it.s important to realize this is one of the most prominent areas....

What are you doing medication wise?

On 9/13/2019 at 6:36 PM, clerksband said:

That’s a really thoughtful answer. Re: medication, I’m doing Rogaine twice daily.

I agree with others, I think your hairline looks solid as is. 

Out of curiosity, do you have before/after photos from your first procedure? 

I also agree that you should leave your hairline as it is... Don't mess with a good thing. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56