1 YEAR RESULTS

Dazed

On 9/10/2019 at 11:58 PM, Dazed said:

I had 2000 transplants with Dr. Tim Love in OKC in November 2011 and 2300 transplants Sep. 10, 2018 with Dr. Junaid Syed in Orlando.  Today marks 1 year since my last transplant, and I am very pleased with the results.  I am growing my hair out so it is looking better every day.  Looking back at that picture I didn't realize how bald I was

IMG_0091.JPG

20190910_174347.jpg

Looking awesome Dazed! Nice to see these type of results : )

LOL, I really didn't realize how bald I was.  I never could nail down the Norwood Scale.  Would you say I was a 5?  I remember after my first transplant in 2011 thinking how great I looked until a few years later when I caught a side view and knew I needed another transplant.  I certainly don't look like I did at 17,but for me it is great.  Me at 17.

image.jpeg.c5de65a8e3cd08fe6f2ea98468d8cf22.jpeg

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

LOL Me at 62 prior to the first transplant.  Bottom picture is me at 70 , I year prior to my second transplant in 2018.  I had just walked in from cutting about 3 acres

image.jpeg.4f9fc2687d5cf492f1acdda758607961.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.98664dda1da14529590ee9bf2e6b29ca.jpeg

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

15 hours ago, gillenator said:

The visual improvement past the one year mark may very well be attributable to hair caliber maturation.

Yes Oh Guru, that may be the case, but that is so hard to measure.  Your posts are always some of the best on the forum.  KUDOS

I wish more guys would post 18 month reports, because it is then you can view more complete results.

image.png

Edited by Dazed

It is indeed possible to measure hair shaft diameter and the  +/-  differentials which are many times acute...IMHO it should be done before and after any procedure is performed.

Why?...it is because anyone who has MPB is going to experience some level of hair shaft diffusion.  and then when hair shaft diameter is again measured between 12-18 months post-op in the recipient zone, the patient will clearly see that density alone is not solely what provides good visual coverage, it is also replacing thin diffused hair with terminal hair shafts...this is especially noted with those individuals who have a diffused pattern of hair loss.

Dazed, you got some very nice results and I think you look great with growing your hair out to a longer length....and those of us who have received HT procedures tend to want to grow our hair out...I mean it is so nice to once again have what we lost!

The same outstanding visual results can be said for myself, Melvin, and countless others within this community who choose to grow their hair out to length...😀

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY