1 YEAR RESULTS

Dazed

I had 2000 transplants with Dr. Tim Love in OKC in November 2011 and 2300 transplants Sep. 10, 2018 with Dr. Junaid Syed in Orlando.  Today marks 1 year since my last transplant, and I am very pleased with the results.  I am growing my hair out so it is looking better every day.  Looking back at that picture I didn't realize how bald I was

IMG_0091.JPG

20190910_174347.jpg

• Like 3

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

• Administrators

Looks very good dazed congrats 🙌🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Quite the positive change. Congrats.

why did you choose these specific docs and why did you switch from dr love to dr syed?

I moved from Oklahoma to Florida during that time.  I will be honest with you I choose Dr. Love because I knew of his work.  Dr Syed had good reviews on Realself, and it was a 1.5 hour drive.  Both doctors produce good results.  I am growing my hair out and the longer it gets the better it feels so I will post back at the 2 year mark.

Edited by Dazed

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

5 hours ago, BjornBorg said:

Wow! Massive result.

If I remember correctly you are a gentleman of over 70 years? Goes to show it's never too late to realize your dream of hair.

I am 72 now, and I believe I had a very high survival rate for the transplants.  I really didn't realize how thin my hair was until I took that top picture.  I have always done everything for everybody else and I decided it was time to do something for myself.   I also did not experience many of the side effects of the procedure mentioned on this forum.  I never saw shedding or extended redness.  I had both FUT and then FUE.  Frankly, my biggest problem was dealing with the horrible haircut after FUE.

Edited by Dazed
  • Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, transplantedphil said:

I remember reading something on JT's site about there's a "sweet spot" for growing your hair to make it look its best (longer seems to be better). the majority of patients you see posting here are 20-40 so it's great to see someone outside that demographic sharing their experience! thanks 😀

Yea we have a few senior members no pun intended that post here @gillenator is in his 60's and @voxman is close to 70 also. Vox where ya been bud.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

7 hours ago, transplantedphil said:

I remember reading something on JT's site about there's a "sweet spot" for growing your hair to make it look its best (longer seems to be better). the majority of patients you see posting here are 20-40 so it's great to see someone outside that demographic sharing their experience! thanks 😀

I agree there probably is a sweet spot that is best for each individual.  That is one reason I am letting it grow, and the texture has improved a lot over the last few months.  When you get older you look like a fool if you have a trendy haircut or trendy clothes.

6 hours ago, transplantedphil said:

Interesting, why do you say that? Is that because it looks like youre trying too hard or something?

The key for me is to maintain a natural look appropriate for my age, without giving up like so many do.  My hair hasn't gone completely gray. Subtle incremental changes like transplants seem to be the best way to go.  Dying my hair to get rid of the gray would probably look fake, and would probably be overkill.  We have all seen the women with pitch black hair or the guys who dress too young for their age.  I don't fit in with the Hip Hop scene, but I can still enjoy Hooters and Twin Peaks with friends. 

It is a whole different game when you get older.  Hell I may even get a facelift next. 

• Like 2

I think some guys who are 60 plus in age feel they cannot have surgical hair restoration, and although for some their hair may have diffused or receded to a point where they are unable to meet their goals, some can in fact attain a meaningful visual transformation.

I will never forget an older man that I counseled who was in his early 70's, lost his wife and been a widower for some time.  He simply wanted to feel more confident in dating again.  He experienced a remarkable transformation and later told me that he had countless widows asking him out on dates!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, gillenator said:

I think some guys who are 60 plus in age feel they cannot have surgical hair restoration, and although for some their hair may have diffused or receded to a point where they are unable to meet their goals, some can in fact attain a meaningful visual transformation.

I will never forget an older man that I counseled who was in his early 70's, lost his wife and been a widower for some time.  He simply wanted to feel more confident in dating again.  He experienced a remarkable transformation and later told me that he had countless widows asking him out on dates!

I think aging with grace is key. I agree with Dazed trying to be too trendy and hip looks foolish past a certain age. 

View my thread

Yep, the key is that the restoration needs to look age appropriate especially regarding the placement of the hairline and overall grafted density level.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

If you ever see me dressed like this - just shoot me.  R. Don Steel offers excellent advice on clothes.  One thing I hate is the new short too tight suit coats that make men look like Alfafa.  https://steelballs.com/

image.png.1bd11ac2bde01e65bab2dfde0af65808.pngimage.png.119488891f160a5a090e3c5e3a362410.png

Edited by Dazed

• 8 months later...
On 9/11/2019 at 9:10 AM, transplantedphil said:

Well I did try to grow my hair longer, but it became too hard to manage so I went back to a length closer to the picture I posted, maybe a little longer.  I look terrible with short hair, and when I shave off my mustache I don't look right either.  Don't laugh I have a Flowbee that cuts my top to the perfect length.  It is not so good for the sides or back so I go to the barber for that.  It has been about 19 months now, and I am totally satisfied.  I could use some work on the crown, but there comes a time to call it quits.  I can live with the crown.  When I look at my original before shot I think  Oh My God, I didn't realize that it was that bad.

1 hour ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

Looks really good!

are you taking any medication?

No, I have never used any medication.  It actually looks better at 19 months than it did at the one year mark, but I am too lazy to take pictures and I need a haircut.

Edited by Dazed

1 hour ago, Cardin1977 said:

wow this looks amazing :) you must be so happy !

I got a lot of good advice from the guys on this site.  I didn't go with any of the suggested doctors from this site.  It is very hard to remain objective when giving a review, and people end up being subjective.  I really see no sense in posting a review prior to one year.  I have see people post reviews after a few weeks, and you really don't know anything at that stage.

The visual improvement past the one year mark may very well be attributable to hair caliber maturation.

• Like 1

Gillenator