Booked in with Dr Bisanga! Logistical advice please!

Hello all! I have finally booked a procedure with Dr Bisanga at the BHR clinic in Brussels on 7th 8th October!

I am now sorting out the issues of travelling there from Dorset UK and staying etc as well as aftercare.

Has anybody done this trip to Brussels?  If so where did you stay? Did you go by Eurostar?  And how long did you stay and do you wish you had done anything differently?

I have been advised to go home the day after the procedure however I’m a little bit worried about damaging grafts when I’m travelling. I also don’t want to look like Hellraisor when I return home and scare the crap out of the kids!

How easy is it to get to the BHR clinic from the train station?

Any advice for any part of this will be greatly appreciated!  

Thanks all

Hi Danny, 

I went last year nearly to the day , very happy.  I travelled by Ryanair from Manchester to Brussels smaller airport for around £70 return. Then used a shared coach service for €10 if I remember correctly rather than pay €70 on a taxi. I stayed at the hotel recommended by bhr which is 1 minute walk away and a comfortable hotel and stayed for 2 extra days to help recover.  I just wondered about and because you have a bandana from the clinic no one ready notices you.  I originally planned to get a taxi to the airport after surgery but felt comfortable enough with my bandana to get the coach again and had no problem.  Any more info let me know 

Hi pal,

Flight out was empty and back full haha always the way. The flights were fine paid extra and got a front seat to get off asap. I managed to spray ok every 2 hours just used the toilets in the airport and then reapplied the bandana. You can pay for the coach at the airport and end point really easy every 30mins no problem at all. You can get a taxi each way but as I say think it was€70 each way or a€10 euro coach seat so j decided to save some pennies. I was thinking about driving but because I am from Manchester it would of taken forever rather than a 1/2 hour flight with a beer in hand. Good luck anyway I know it's a big step