Booking a consultation with Dr Reddy

Slimjim 123

Hi Guys,

I am new on here although I am a little confused after booking a consultation with Dr Reddy following research and hearing good things about him. 

I contacted the private clinic to arrange a consultation and was told the next available date with Dr Reddy was in November. I also submitted my details via a different website https://drraghureddy.com/ and found I had a response from an @gmail account. Finding this a little suspicious I questioned the authenticity of the email address and it would appear legitimate. 

Has anybody else booked in via this method with Dr Reddy? I assume it is a direct way of seeing him rather than waiting to get an appointment via one of his affiliated clinics. 

Edited by Slimjim 123

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear Slimjim,

Thank you for your interest in seeking a consultation with Dr Reddy. 

Given the current circumstances, the easiest way to secure a consultation is through  his personal website www.drraghureddy.com. The gmail address is a legitimate one.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries.

Kindest regards

• Like 1

I represent Dr. Raghu Reddy

Dr. Raghu Reddy is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.

• Administrators

Check out this thread 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I too submitted an enquiry for a consultation via https://drraghureddy.com/ however received a reply from what is this time a hotmail account, someone called Alda.

I obviously do not wish to hand over a sum of money and make expensive travel arrangements for something that does not come to fruition.

Can anyone confirm the legitimacy of this?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Have you submitted the consultation via our link. If not, please use our link as we can guarantee any response is legit. 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/physician/United-Kingdom/Raghu-Reddy/671

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, philjones33 said:

Thanks Melvin, I contacted Dr Reddy via his personal website so I am hoping it is legit. 

What are your thoughts on Dr Reddy in general? 

He’s one of the most genuine doctors I’ve ever talked too. Check out my interview with him 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CL-KSHTn_Nr/?igshid=1fj4aiizxgyzl

View my thread

10 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

He’s one of the most genuine doctors I’ve ever talked too. Check out my interview with him 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CL-KSHTn_Nr/?igshid=1fj4aiizxgyzl

Really great video Melvin, and so informative.

I am currently torn between Reddy and Feriduni for hairline restoration surgery (my temples have receded). My main concern with Feriduni is his lack of involvement in the procedure, as opposed to Reddy. For some reason I also get a better sense from Reddy's results vs Feriduni's, but that is subjective of course as I know how highly rated Feriduni is. I am aware that Reddy is more expensive, but I am more bothered about the result than the price. Any thoughts or advice on what route I should take would be greatly appreciated to help me make my decision - I have already had my consultation with Dr. Feriduni.

Many thanks in advance

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, philjones33 said:

I am currently torn between Reddy and Feriduni for hairline restoration surgery (my temples have receded). My main concern with Feriduni is his lack of involvement in the procedure, as opposed to Reddy. For some reason I also get a better sense from Reddy's results vs Feriduni's, but that is subjective of course as I know how highly rated Feriduni is. I am aware that Reddy is more expensive, but I am more bothered about the result than the price. Any thoughts or advice on what route I should take would be greatly appreciated to help me make my decision - I have already had my consultation with Dr. Feriduni.

Many thanks in advance

They're both excellent surgeons. But I think you should factor in the results above all. You should also factor in convenience, who's closer, etc. I got the sense from Dr. Reddy that he doesn't really do any marketing. It's mostly word of mouth referrals and this forum, which is basically virtual word of mouth referrals.  Here is another thing you should do, start reaching out to both of their patients. @Deanomag @timcfc reach out to @Swill@Gasthoerer these are just some names off the top of my head. But it's a good starting point. I'm sure they're more than willing to share their experiences, comfort, aftercare, etc. 

• Like 1

View my thread

52 minutes ago, philjones33 said:

Many thanks in advance

Of course it’s down to personal choice. Either are very capable and you can find excellent results from both. You could also consider Dr Freitas ? 

• Like 1

Obviously, I have been with Feriduni and I am very happy. But, I had the same concerns than you about the involvement. So my 50 cents:

- Why don't you present you case with some pics - I am sure you will get some more responses.

- Also, if the type of case is more clear, we can more precisely tell you which clinic is matching the best for your case. 

- How do you nailed it down to this clinics? There are many great clinics, so what was your decision maker so far? If we know that, maybe we can give you a better direction. 

- If you already had a meeting with Feriduni and you are still unsure, than look further. The consultations are really his strong suit, and if you are not convinced than you probably do not "click" with him. If you already narrowed it down to the top clinics, gut feel is also an important factor. 

Edited by Gasthoerer
  • Like 2

Thank you all - I really appreciate your inputs, truly. It goes to show what a collaborative and helpful community this forum is.

@Gasthoerer Personally I don’t feel comfortable enough to post pictures on here, largely down to my own insecurities, albeit I know it would be way more informative for you all to advise if I did. My hair loss isn’t awful, there is recession in the temples and the rest of my hair seems ok. There’s potentially some thinning of the crown but no noticeable loss, I look forward to seeing what Dr. Reddy says after his initial examination.

It has been a long and timely search for the best part of a year, if not longer. I feel like I have researched every leading surgeon under the sun, and ultimately it boils down to looking at the results they have posted, client testimonials, and watching their interviews (where they have one) to get a sense of their approach/personality etc. @Melvin-Moderator your interview with Dr. Reddy was so informative, thanks again for posting it. I am fully aware that no surgeon will ever post their less successful results, but that is something that applies across the board. A surgeon’s attitude towards preventative medication is an important factor for me as well, as I would like someone to hear me out and discuss my genuine concerns surrounding Finasteride, rather than stating it’s an absolute must from the offset. I am not completely opposed to the idea, but I would prefer an open and objective dialogue on the topic (Feriduni was excellent on this as he genuinely took my concerns into account and recommended I don’t take anything for now). I know most top surgeons are willing to have that conversation, but I had a few applications rejected purely for stating that I am not on Fin or Min. After loads of research and a number of applications to get a sense of who’s out there and what they have to offer, I narrowed down a shortlist to Lorenzo, H&W, Feriduni & Reddy. I personally believe those doctors are leading when it comes to FUE in general and I didn’t want to overpopulate my list and confuse my decision more than it needs to be. It is worth noting, I am aware of many other top surgeons that are out there (e.g. Lupanzula, Freitas, Konior, Bisanga, Erdogan etc.). I personally felt comfortable with the shortlist I compiled purely off the back of my subjective view and research. The other examples do seem very credible for anyone else reading this post and considering a HT procedure in the future.

As @Melvin-Moderator mentioned earlier, location is important. Whilst it’s not a dealbreaker, to think there is a doctor you can easily visit over the next 5 years+ to discuss and manage the longer term hair loss strategy is extremely valuable, more so than the procedure itself. In this current climate, I also think there is value in having an initial consultation in person and potentially a few months before you undergo surgery as opposed to an initial Zoom call and a consultation the day before your procedure. I know a procedure in the UK with a leading surgeon is more expensive than the likes of Spain and Belgium, but my view is it’s worth the added money (if you’re budget allows) given the above. I’ve never met Dr. Reddy but he clearly is a leading surgeon in the field of FUE who is meticulous with his procedures, down to the finest details and has a wealth of experience behind him. I was a big fan of Feriduni from my Zoom consultation and we did ‘click’, however I am looking for a procedure where the surgeon is more involved end to end given the attention to detail that is required at every phase. It’s worth mentioning and I do understand that Feriduni’s team of technicians are highly experienced and I have no doubt they would achieve a great result for me, however weighing it all up, I’d rather a surgeon who is local and as involved as he can be. It’s also worth mentioning the whole Feriduni team were fantastic when it came to responding to emails and taking calls, and were overall a pleasure to deal with.

Lorenzo rejected my application straight off the bat as I’m not currently taking Fin (and took ages to respond). I was impressed by H&W, but my decision not to proceed boiled down to the long distance and I do believe there’s parity in the quality of surgeons in Europe.

@Gasthoerer you hit the nail on the head, with all hours/days of research one does, ‘gut feel’ is certainly an important indicator.

I hope that has been informative and thank you all again for your time and advice.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, philjones33 said:

Thank you all - I really appreciate your inputs, truly. It goes to show what a collaborative and helpful community this forum is.

@Gasthoerer Personally I don’t feel comfortable enough to post pictures on here, largely down to my own insecurities, albeit I know it would be way more informative for you all to advise if I did. My hair loss isn’t awful, there is recession in the temples and the rest of my hair seems ok. There’s potentially some thinning of the crown but no noticeable loss, I look forward to seeing what Dr. Reddy says after his initial examination.

It has been a long and timely search for the best part of a year, if not longer. I feel like I have researched every leading surgeon under the sun, and ultimately it boils down to looking at the results they have posted, client testimonials, and watching their interviews (where they have one) to get a sense of their approach/personality etc. @Melvin-Moderator your interview with Dr. Reddy was so informative, thanks again for posting it. I am fully aware that no surgeon will ever post their less successful results, but that is something that applies across the board. A surgeon’s attitude towards preventative medication is an important factor for me as well, as I would like someone to hear me out and discuss my genuine concerns surrounding Finasteride, rather than stating it’s an absolute must from the offset. I am not completely opposed to the idea, but I would prefer an open and objective dialogue on the topic (Feriduni was excellent on this as he genuinely took my concerns into account and recommended I don’t take anything for now). I know most top surgeons are willing to have that conversation, but I had a few applications rejected purely for stating that I am not on Fin or Min. After loads of research and a number of applications to get a sense of who’s out there and what they have to offer, I narrowed down a shortlist to Lorenzo, H&W, Feriduni & Reddy. I personally believe those doctors are leading when it comes to FUE in general and I didn’t want to overpopulate my list and confuse my decision more than it needs to be. It is worth noting, I am aware of many other top surgeons that are out there (e.g. Lupanzula, Freitas, Konior, Bisanga, Erdogan etc.). I personally felt comfortable with the shortlist I compiled purely off the back of my subjective view and research. The other examples do seem very credible for anyone else reading this post and considering a HT procedure in the future.

As @Melvin-Moderator mentioned earlier, location is important. Whilst it’s not a dealbreaker, to think there is a doctor you can easily visit over the next 5 years+ to discuss and manage the longer term hair loss strategy is extremely valuable, more so than the procedure itself. In this current climate, I also think there is value in having an initial consultation in person and potentially a few months before you undergo surgery as opposed to an initial Zoom call and a consultation the day before your procedure. I know a procedure in the UK with a leading surgeon is more expensive than the likes of Spain and Belgium, but my view is it’s worth the added money (if you’re budget allows) given the above. I’ve never met Dr. Reddy but he clearly is a leading surgeon in the field of FUE who is meticulous with his procedures, down to the finest details and has a wealth of experience behind him. I was a big fan of Feriduni from my Zoom consultation and we did ‘click’, however I am looking for a procedure where the surgeon is more involved end to end given the attention to detail that is required at every phase. It’s worth mentioning and I do understand that Feriduni’s team of technicians are highly experienced and I have no doubt they would achieve a great result for me, however weighing it all up, I’d rather a surgeon who is local and as involved as he can be. It’s also worth mentioning the whole Feriduni team were fantastic when it came to responding to emails and taking calls, and were overall a pleasure to deal with.

Lorenzo rejected my application straight off the bat as I’m not currently taking Fin (and took ages to respond). I was impressed by H&W, but my decision not to proceed boiled down to the long distance and I do believe there’s parity in the quality of surgeons in Europe.

@Gasthoerer you hit the nail on the head, with all hours/days of research one does, ‘gut feel’ is certainly an important indicator.

I hope that has been informative and thank you all again for your time and advice.

You’ve done an excellent job, and yes, I say don’t let location be a factor. But if you have a great doctor in your backyard, it should be a factor. I chose a doctor in the same state, I still drove 6 hours, but I didn’t have to deal with airports, etc. It’s an inconvenience and I would be lying if I said it doesn’t matter.

Of course, some may have a limited budget so they have to travel to get quality within their budget. In that case, traveling is a small sacrifice to the big picture. I see it this way results>cost>convenience. If the first two are equal the third will decide. 

• Like 1

View my thread

You did your homework. All (but maybe one) clinic on your list are great. 

I am always asking for pics cause a lot of newbies have a bad self-assessment: A NW 6 thinks, he is just a small hairline case and vice versa. But you obviously already have the feedback from the clinics and did a lot of reasearch ... all fine 🙂

If you for any reason look further and money does not matter and (!) you are really a small case, I throw Heitmann in the mix. He is a friend of Feriduni (they worked together in the past) and he does literally everything himself. He is a great hairline guy.

Good luck!

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

You did your homework. All (but maybe one) clinic on your list are great. 

I am always asking for pics cause a lot of newbies have a bad self-assessment: A NW 6 thinks, he is just a small hairline case and vice versa. But you obviously already have the feedback from the clinics and did a lot of reasearch ... all fine 🙂

If you for any reason look further and money does not matter and (!) you are really a small case, I throw Heitmann in the mix. He is a friend of Feriduni (they worked together in the past) and he does literally everything himself. He is a great hairline guy.

Good luck!

Yea, I remember being a diffuse Norwood 6 thinking I was a Norwood 3 because of my hairline. Boy was I shocked when I saw the gravity of the situation. 

View my thread