3 Ways To Conceal A Hair Transplant

• Administrators

What are three ways you guys concealed your hair transplant? I grew my hair slightly longer to conceal my last surgery. But I wish I would've just shaved my head, it would've been a lot easier. 

3 Ways To Conceal A Hair Transplant?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I will be off work for 3 weeks. Then will live under a hat for a few months until my previously transplanted hair and natives grow back. Luckily I am able to wear one at work.

Now if something like a funeral pops up, I guess I will be forced to figure out dermatch or caboki or something. :/

Edited by ndubya

I hate to see people use their vacation to recover from a HT procedure. I would rather them use vacation to have fun. So I recommend they ask their employer or tell their colleagues that they need to wear a hat for a week to keep scalp covered because they had a few spots removed from scalp by dermatologist.  I know not everyone can get away with this and really depends on what line of work you are in, but it is just one more option. Lol

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Dr. Glenn Charles said:

I hate to see people use their vacation to recover from a HT procedure. I would rather them use vacation to have fun. So I recommend they ask their employer or tell their colleagues that they need to wear a hat for a week to keep scalp covered because they had a few spots removed from scalp by dermatologist.  I know not everyone can get away with this and really depends on what line of work you are in, but it is just one more option. Lol

That's actually genius. Although, how bad would it be that you return to work after having a hair transplant and the office throws you a "get well soon" potluck 🤣 We go through such great lengths to keep this a secret. It's so much easier to just say "yea I had an HT, so what" 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I do think there is liberty in coming clean and saying you had a transplant.  However i went the route of keeping mine quiet and completely got away with it with work colleagues , friends and that was such a kick too knowing i had managed it successfully.  Part of doing that was taking good amount of time off and concealing loss well before. 

Yes people can move on and not mention it much but some can't and depending on the group of people you are with they can be brutal.  Particularly banter with groups of guys that you would not hear the end of the teasing. Therefore no regrets keeping it quiet my side!!  

Although i do think HT's are becoming more socially acceptable than it was. 

On 9/10/2019 at 4:44 PM, ndubya said:

I will be off work for 3 weeks. Then will live under a hat for a few months until my previously transplanted hair and natives grow back. Luckily I am able to wear one at work.

Now if something like a funeral pops up, I guess I will be forced to figure out dermatch or caboki or something. :/

Has anyone with more pale skin tried fake tan? Think if you come back from a holiday and your whole face is darker including recipient area might hide the redness and disguise a little bit.

On 9/10/2019 at 2:49 PM, Dr. Glenn Charles said:

That sounds like a good idea.  Personally I took a 2 week vacation, and nobody expected anything when I got back.  Of course that was FUT.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More