EYEBROW

My eyebrows are full up to the end, but I would like to fill the ends in just a little bit.  I am done with hair transplants to the head, and today is my one year anniversary of my last transplant.  I wonder if a doctor would even take on such a small job.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

For patients that'd had transplants, the overall thought is the pricing of 40-100 grafts should be $400 - $1000 if you base it at $10 per graft.  This is incorrect......Eyebrow restoration is typically a package deal regardless of the number of grafts,  $3500 - $4800 depending on a number of factors.  So, if you have a full set but would like to add some grafts to the head of the eyebrows, for example, now you know the reality....If you didn't know it already.  But that's the least of your concerns......

The finest hair available is typically harvested from behind the ear.  But even that hair will be coarser than eyebrow hair and it will grow differently.  So, now you'll have a different type of hair that will grow a lot faster than the rest.  Given this is in the most prominent place, do you think it's worthwhile risking looking "off" just because?

Third...this is hard work.  The sites need to be opened sideways and flat.  Consider that eyebrows lay.  God forbid you go to someone with little to no experience and they make the sites completely vertical...Now you'll have hair growing straight out.

If you have little to no eyebrows, get to it.....but just for the hell of it...I think you're playing with fire.

Thanks LaserCap for your input.  It is not so important as to risk the consequences you speak of.  I don't want to do another transplant just to get a package deal.  I have good eyebrows, I just wanted to add a little bit to the end.  I figured it would be hard to find a doctor who would want to do what would probably be <50 transplants for both eyes combined.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Consider asking an established reputable FUE surgeon if you could potentially get the small procedure done on a day when he has another large case...you would be the case at the end of the day.  This sometimes works out because the surgery staff is already there and the other large case has covered a lot of expense.

LaserCap makes a legitimate point regarding the angulation of the eyebrow grafts because if an acute angulation is not done, the hair would grow mis-angled and that would be an issue for sure.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY