Hey guys!

I am posted in Delhi with  a Foreign Embassy.

I am a 32 year unmarried white guy who has been been for the past 2 weeks been looking for a good Indian surgeon who can do my hair transplant using FUT and/or FUE technique.

Have been to a couple of doctors in Delhi and Bangalore but I am not sure if they have enough experience with Caucasian hair. I think Caucasian hair is thinner than Indian hair and needs great expertise and much different care.

Yes I could go to Europe for a procedure but given my low salary in a governmental position, I would like to save my Euros.

The din & hardsell of hair transplant marketing in  India makes me anxious and fearful. I haven't been witness to anything like this before.

I have been quoted costs that vary from Euros 350 to as high as Euros 8,000 for my requirement.

However, given a good surgeon, I am ready to part with no more than Euros 5000 including taxes and all miscellaneous operative expenses.

Any recommendations please?

2 hours ago, thornbush said:

Hey guys!

I am posted in Delhi with  a Foreign Embassy.

I am a 32 year unmarried white guy who has been been for the past 2 weeks been looking for a good Indian surgeon who can do my hair transplant using FUT and/or FUE technique.

Have been to a couple of doctors in Delhi and Bangalore but I am not sure if they have enough experience with Caucasian hair. I think Caucasian hair is thinner than Indian hair and needs great expertise and much different care.

Yes I could go to Europe for a procedure but given my low salary in a governmental position, I would like to save my Euros.

The din & hardsell of hair transplant marketing in  India makes me anxious and fearful. I haven't been witness to anything like this before.

I have been quoted costs that vary from Euros 350 to as high as Euros 8,000 for my requirement.

However, given a good surgeon, I am ready to part with no more than Euros 5000 including taxes and all miscellaneous operative expenses.

Any recommendations please?

Hi bro.

I think you must check with Eugenix 

Just follow my results and if you comfortable then try to visit.

Then call is yours

If I were given the choice in that region I'd probably elect to go to one of the Thailand doctors instead

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

If you are based in Delhi you should be paying EUGENIX a visit. They have marvellous facilities and excellent doctors  and they are highly recommended on this forum and elsewhere. There are patients flying on from all over the world to have HTs there.

............Paddy.........

On 9/10/2019 at 9:52 PM, transplantedphil said:

Before jumping into anything I'd consider a few things; 

1. are you on meds/have you tried them, are you willing to be on them for the rest of your life?

2. take pics of your hair/balding. your hairline, your crown, your donor, the side of your head, then send them to a few clinics and get their responses. They will then tell you if you are a good candidate for which type of surgery (FUT or FUE) and how many grafts etc you might need. Some clinics are known for FUE, others FUT, some both, the important thing to understand is that every patient is different and has different goals and before deciding anything its best to get assessed first. posting here to get feedback from other patients can also be helpful

3. take your time and research. it's all about knowing what to expect and what will happen. pay close attention to the patient results - that is what the average guy experiences. clinic results are the showcase results and are the best possible outcome

4. while money and geography are always issues, this stuff is permanent so dont let such factors determine your choices

5. cant think of a 5, im tired, but the other 4 things are reasonable suggestions :) 

Not getting constrained by geography, am traveling to Turkey tomorrow night!

All options open currently.

• 3 weeks later...

Its been a whirlwind tour of clinics from Turkey to Iran and now I am back in India.

(Mark my words, as far as low cost hair transplants go, IRAN  is on the threshold of overtaking Turkey in low cost procedures!)

I think I have built up a great hair transplant vocabulary and working knowledge about the procedure and what to expect.

As far as safety, reputation and experience with Caucasian hair goes, I feel I would be best off going to Darling Buds Clinic in India itself.

Thank you friends for the valuable information. this forum is a splendid Pandora's Box of information for hair restoration. I look forward to contributing myself in the weeks ahead.

Wish me good luck please. I will be posting pictures soon.