Any reputable surgeons available for a Hairline Excision?

5 years ago I made a mistake of getting a Hair Transplant at age 20 years old. I had a head full of hair and my dad still had plenty of hair at age 55 (he passed when i was 14). I have hated it since day one. I believed there was no way out for many years but last year I went and got a "repair". My main issue was the line was too far forward and too straight, destroyed my face's aesthetics. Also a buzzcut was no longer an option as the grafts grow out in a weird way, which I really used to enjoy doing back in the day as well as the fue "shotgun shot" holes in the back of the head which I will smp someday. For now I do not buzz the sides lower than a 7 but prefer scissor work on the sides as to not expose the scar. I am not too concerned with the back and sides as I am in the front as thats most important, I am sure most of you will agree.

During the repair in Turkey in February, The doc back added 1000 grafts from the sides and fue'd/punched out a little bit from both right and left sides to make the hair line look more natural. It has healed really well and the skin has improved immensely, however hairs still grow in that area. Anyway, I still hated it after and now I believe i am ready to fue out all the transplanted hairs, i understand the risks and everything, but i would be much happier.

Do you guys know any reputable surgeons that do such work? I am available to fly for a consultation. After my research I have seen some good results from both Dr Bernstein as well Dr Bisanga. The hairline that needs to be punched out is no more than 2cm, to go back to my original Hairline. Any inputs are appreciated. Thanks guys 

@in2deep

Sorry for your journey brother. Transplant at 20 is questionable and a repair in Turkey, I would also suggest is questionable.

If you would like to share some photos for us to potentially be able to understand the situation better.

As you mentioned Dr Bisanga, if you would like to message me privately and I could forward any images onto the Doc for his recommendations. 

All the best.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Sorry to hear you go through this.  It isn’t easy going through a repair and i know firsthand how this feels.  Im in a terrible situation.  Its quite sad really.  But You should get some consults with folks that may be willing to and can handle repairs.  I believe DR Bisanga has done repairs and another great doc that can give you multiple options is Dr Wong from Hasson & Wong.  I know he has fixed other “top doc” forum recognized doctors failures and  repaired patients. It’s definitely worth it to get a consult or feedback as to how multiples docs consider the best approach in your case.  Best of luck and i hope you get it sorted

• Like 2

Have a look at Cooley as he seems to have some joy using electrolysis to remove grafts.

• Like 2

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

22 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

@in2deep

Sorry for your journey brother. Transplant at 20 is questionable and a repair in Turkey, I would also suggest is questionable.

If you would like to share some photos for us to potentially be able to understand the situation better.

As you mentioned Dr Bisanga, if you would like to message me privately and I could forward any images onto the Doc for his recommendations. 

All the best.

no problem. its just hair! i have messaged you already steven! haha

17 hours ago, Sean said:

Sorry to hear you go through this.  It isn’t easy going through a repair and i know firsthand how this feels.  Im in a terrible situation.  Its quite sad really.  But You should get some consults with folks that may be willing to and can handle repairs.  I believe DR Bisanga has done repairs and another great doc that can give you multiple options is Dr Wong from Hasson & Wong.  I know he has fixed other “top doc” forum recognized doctors failures and  repaired patients. It’s definitely worth it to get a consult or feedback as to how multiples docs consider the best approach in your case.  Best of luck and i hope you get it sorted

im sorry to hear as well brother. its really sad, but what can ya do. just gotta look forward to a brighter future. Thanks for the recommendations, you are the best and ill look into them. Much love, what is your approach going to be?