3000 grafts at Eugenix Mumbai (10 day update)

ag120

• Moderators
On 10/15/2019 at 10:53 PM, ag120 said:

Bang in the middle of the dreaded shedding phase. It’s been around 40 days since my HT. Hoping that the next 2 months fly by so I can get this over with. Current pic below.

How is the donor area coming along?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

7 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

@ag120 how is things coming along.? 

Im sure the shedding is well finished by now ? Any numbness  in doner or recipent ? 

......  .  All the best......

............Paddy.......

Hi Paddy @paddyirishman

Looks like the Shedding is done. No numbness in the donor area. Very slight numbness in the recipient area if I press down on it. 2 month pic below. 

360E89B5-1C3C-466C-9560-CC2C73B80A94.jpeg

Edited by ag120

4 hours ago, BeHappy said:

How is the donor area coming along?

Donor area is totally fine. I haven't had a haircut or trim for 2 months so it looks totally normal right now. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 11:06 AM, maltesefalcon said:

I don't want to sound off-topic, but isn't "Eugenix" an incredibly stupid name to give a business? 

That aside, hope you have good progress in the days and weeks to come. Keep us updated. 

yeah I thought that

Absolutely terrible name to give to your business

12 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

@ag120 your growth must be coming along well . How is your recipient area with regard numbness ? 

I had my HT last week at Eugenix and will be sharing on the forum very soon also.

Best wishes for great growth.

................Paddy............

Hey Paddy,

its going well. Really seems to be coming along now. Absolutely no numbness at all. 

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, JP34567 said:

Hey @ag120 was wondering how your progress is going so far ? Hope you are doing well. Please update with pics :)

Hey,

i had forgotten about this post so didn’t update. I have gotten great results. Around 5 months now but I hit this mark around the 4 month mark. 

F30438AC-06F2-4EBC-8398-61BBCE4C22B9.jpeg

25B47895-6F44-4BB4-A129-197ACD31C91F.jpeg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Pyrat said:

@ag120 Were you on finesteride or medication before your transplant to halt the hair loss or did you get on it after the hair transplant.

I have been taking finasteride since last 3 months. I just had my surgery on Feb 19 with dr arika, so far it has been good. Regarding shock loss will come to know in the coming weeks

36 minutes ago, Loadrunner said:

I have been taking finasteride since last 3 months. I just had my surgery on Feb 19 with dr arika, so far it has been good. Regarding shock loss will come to know in the coming weeks

So you were taking finesteride before the transplant ?

On 2/23/2020 at 10:35 PM, ag120 said:

Hey,

i had forgotten about this post so didn’t update. I have gotten great results. Around 5 months now but I hit this mark around the 4 month mark. 

F30438AC-06F2-4EBC-8398-61BBCE4C22B9.jpeg

25B47895-6F44-4BB4-A129-197ACD31C91F.jpeg

Your front looks amazing. I will be getting a transplant with Dr Arika as well. Can you post some pictures of your rear 2/3 of the scalp where you did not get any hair transplanted.

2 hours ago, Pyrat said:

@ag120 Were you on finesteride or medication before your transplant to halt the hair loss or did you get on it after the hair transplant.

Hey no finesteride for me, before or after. No minoxidil either. Just took the vitamins that were recommended for around 4 months. Stopped those now as well, though I may restart them.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ag120 said:

Hey no finesteride for me, before or after. No minoxidil either. Just took the vitamins that were recommended for around 4 months. Stopped those now as well, though I may restart them.

Since you weren't prescribed either finasteride or minoxidil. Did they prescribe anything for the existing hair besides the vitamins? And what is the brand of these vitamins?

Just now, tesla007 said:

Since you weren't prescribed either finasteride or minoxidil. Did they prescribe anything for the existing hair besides the vitamins? And what is the brand of these vitamins?

Eugenix prescribes finasteride mostly, and vitamins that they prescribe are hairfact. Dr arika told me that she highle recommends me to use finasteride for my crown area. Vitamins are more for faster growth and can be taken for 3 months. After that if you are on a health diet these can be stopped.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tesla007 said:

Hi I was asked, repeatedly, to take finasteride, but chose not to. I started with minoxidil, but it was too cumbersome so I stopped. The vitamins came in a box called 'Hair Fact', with different vitamins to be taken on different days of the week. I did take these for around 4 months. But to clarify they do ask that you take finasteride and minoxidil. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ag120 said:

Hi I was asked, repeatedly, to take finasteride, but chose not to. I started with minoxidil, but it was too cumbersome so I stopped. The vitamins came in a box called 'Hair Fact', with different vitamins to be taken on different days of the week. I did take these for around 4 months. But to clarify they do ask that you take finasteride and minoxidil. 

If they have prescribed you both F and M, then you should have taken them. Most of the other clinics suggest just PRP or STT instead of this, which aren't FDA approved btw.

13 minutes ago, Loadrunner said:

Eugenix prescribes finasteride mostly, and vitamins that they prescribe are hairfact. Dr arika told me that she highle recommends me to use finasteride for my crown area. Vitamins are more for faster growth and can be taken for 3 months. After that if you are on a health diet these can be stopped.

Is this the one https://crownclinic.com.au/product/hair-fact-supplements/

Lots of bottles for vitamins.

2 hours ago, tesla007 said:

If they have prescribed you both F and M, then you should have taken them. Most of the other clinics suggest just PRP or STT instead of this, which aren't FDA approved btw.

I did do around 4 PRP sessions with them as well, one of which was before the HT. The doctor at Eugenix did tell me that their isn't enough data yet to show that PRP works.