Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello good people. Most of you guys know exactly how i feel right now. Im under heavy anxiety and depressiom, partly because of my hair. I ve always been obsessed with my hair and i started suspecting thinning. Though what i could notice was that in 1.5years i havent noticed any difference. So what do you guys think about these pictures. I tried to make them look the worst and realest way possible. I split my hair etc. Am i going bald? 

20190906_005638.jpg

20190906_005107.jpg

20190904_225402.jpg

20190901_205102.jpg

20190901_205255.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your hair looks fantastic.

I don’t think you have anything to worry about at this point but if it really bothers you you should do some research on this forum and find a really good, ethical hair transplant doctor who’s going to give it to you straight. I don’t think any doctor would perform a transplant at this point but if you indeed are in the beginning stages of male pattern baldness they may tell you to get on some form of preventative medication.

Is there any history of male pattern baldness on either side of your family?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Steeeve said:

Your hair looks fantastic.

I don’t think you have anything to worry about at this point but if it really bothers you you should do some research on this forum and find a really good, ethical hair transplant doctor who’s going to give it to you straight. I don’t think any doctor would perform a transplant at this point but if you indeed are in the beginning stages of male pattern baldness they may tell you to get on some form of preventative medication.

Is there any history of male pattern baldness on either side of your family?

My father and brother. The other brother kept his hair in 30s but it had thinning. My fathers brother is like 50 and still kept a lot of hair. My mothers side is all full with hair. So i guess its 50 50 for me. But i already have signs of thinning so i ll probably get fucked in 30s..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Thisisnotatest333 said:

My father and brother. The other brother kept his hair in 30s but it had thinning. My fathers brother is like 50 and still kept a lot of hair. My mothers side is all full with hair. So i guess its 50 50 for me. But i already have signs of thinning so i ll probably get fucked in 30s..

Not necessarily. Just sounds like your father and brother thinned out as well, rather than went bald. 

There are medications you can take - "the big 3", if you haven't tried them already, Your hair looks great, and if you haven't noticed any differences in the last 1.5 years  ... that's awesome.

If it continues to worry you take photos periodically, like every 4-6 months under the same lighting conditions and monitor it. Otherwise (based on those photos) the rest of us are jealous

Edited by transplantedphil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, transplantedphil said:

Not necessarily. Just sounds like your father and brother thinned out as well, rather than went bald. 

There are medications you can take - "the big 3", if you haven't tried them already, Your hair looks great, and if you haven't noticed any differences in the last 1.5 years  ... that's awesome.

If it continues to worry you take photos periodically, like every 4-6 months under the same lighting conditions and monitor it. Otherwise (based on those photos) the rest of us are jealous

My father is completely bald, and one of my brothers had crown completely bald too. The 2nd brother didnt get bald, just thinned. I hope to win the gamble of genes like my uncle did. His hair is thin and you can see the scalp but kept a lot of hair in that age that i d be ok with. What bothers me is not how i look now, but how will i look in, lets say, 6 7 years. This is why i get stressed when i see my hair has thinned. I hope its thinning as slowly as possible. I wouldnt take dht blockers because i d like to keep my libido rather than my hair..i wouldnt gamble with that for sure. I was thinking about rogaine though. If i really get upset about my hair i might give it a chance. Also thank you for your time, means a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of how you style your hair, the part-line is always going to look weaker.  Try combing from right to left and you'll experience the same.  Minor thinning? Perhaps.  Yes, you seem to be maturing your hairline.  Go to the bathroom under a bright light and look closely at the hairs.  The shaft of some is thicker than others.  Off hand I noticed a few.  But that's just it, a few.  We need to halt the loss ASAP.  First so that you can keep the "mop" as transplantedphil eloquently put it, and to keep you from going nuts.

Go do a couple of consultations...have them scope and take photos of the front, top and back and have them email the images to you. Repeat in in 6 months.

Also discuss medical therapy.  (Propecia, Rogaine, Laser and PRP). The mechanism of action of each of these is totally different and, when used together, there is synergism. A word of caution,

Patients tend to freak out when they see hair in the tub, sink, floor, pillow, etc....This is NOT hair loss.  This is shedding.  The follicle gets tired of producing and it takes a vacation.  That hair will return.  This will happen randomly to all the hair in your head throughout your life.  So, if you see hair everywhere smile at yourself because you know this is only temporary.  Miniaturized hair however, is loss.  

The meds are meant to keep what you have. So, if a year later you look the same, the meds did what they were supposed to do.  If you start noticing the "thinner" hairs thicken up, well - that's just icing on the cake.  Only a small percentage of patients experience this.  If you do, continue using the meds as they're working extremely well.  This might seem to you that you are re-growing hair.  No such thing.  Nothing out there regrows anything.  It is enhancement of the hair you have.

Last thing. While stress is not the cause, it can exacerbate the issue....stop it.  Be proactive and get to it.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

Thank you for taking the time @LaserCap; I sort of knew that if I got you to respond you'd be able to provide him with the most comprehensive and helpful advice!!!

 

Always here to help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’ve just made a room full of balding guys jealous haha, looks like you have hair to spare.


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that there's hair loss in your family, it's possibly something you'll have to face further down the line, but for now, and as you've not noticed any change for a year or so, nothing much to worry about. 


I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

 

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

 

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LaserCap said:

Regardless of how you style your hair, the part-line is always going to look weaker.  Try combing from right to left and you'll experience the same.  Minor thinning? Perhaps.  Yes, you seem to be maturing your hairline.  Go to the bathroom under a bright light and look closely at the hairs.  The shaft of some is thicker than others.  Off hand I noticed a few.  But that's just it, a few.  We need to halt the loss ASAP.  First so that you can keep the "mop" as transplantedphil eloquently put it, and to keep you from going nuts.

Go do a couple of consultations...have them scope and take photos of the front, top and back and have them email the images to you. Repeat in in 6 months.

Also discuss medical therapy.  (Propecia, Rogaine, Laser and PRP). The mechanism of action of each of these is totally different and, when used together, there is synergism. A word of caution,

Patients tend to freak out when they see hair in the tub, sink, floor, pillow, etc....This is NOT hair loss.  This is shedding.  The follicle gets tired of producing and it takes a vacation.  That hair will return.  This will happen randomly to all the hair in your head throughout your life.  So, if you see hair everywhere smile at yourself because you know this is only temporary.  Miniaturized hair however, is loss.  

The meds are meant to keep what you have. So, if a year later you look the same, the meds did what they were supposed to do.  If you start noticing the "thinner" hairs thicken up, well - that's just icing on the cake.  Only a small percentage of patients experience this.  If you do, continue using the meds as they're working extremely well.  This might seem to you that you are re-growing hair.  No such thing.  Nothing out there regrows anything.  It is enhancement of the hair you have.

Last thing. While stress is not the cause, it can exacerbate the issue....stop it.  Be proactive and get to it.

Thank you for your detailed reply. What bothers me is that i am not ready to risk getting sides from dht blockers. I was thinking about using rogaine though but i m worried about taking it "too soon".

I am still not sure if i want to commit on it and i heard stopping taking rogain can make hairloss faster. The thing is i am not sure what thick hairline looks like. I tried looking at my front hairline and it seemed to me thinner than the other parts of hair. My family balding was usually the crown first rather than temples. Can rogaine by itself help the situation?

I reaaalllyyy dont wanna take propecia..i stopped taking creatine because of the dht boosting study. Should i give it another year before hopping on any kind of medication? As i previously mentioned, my hair didnt change noticable for the more than a year. But even for my brothers this is too soon. One of them lost hair at crown at 27 28. Its not hard for me to apply rogaine twice a day, but what if i m in a position where i cant do it for 2 days or more? I don't like being chained to a substance like that, it feels only like feeding my insecurities about hair. Is there any picture example of a thick front hairline so i can compare it?

Edited by Thisisnotatest333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You’ve just made a room full of balding guys jealous haha, looks like you have hair to spare.

Its not what i have now, the thing that worries me is what i will have in 6 years. I d like to save my hair at my 30s..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thisisnotatest333 said:

Thank you for your detailed reply. What bothers me is that i am not ready to risk getting sides from dht blockers. I was thinking about using rogaine though but i m worried about taking it "too soon".

I am still not sure if i want to commit on it and i heard stopping taking rogain can make hairloss faster. The thing is i am not sure what thick hairline looks like. I tried looking at my front hairline and it seemed to me thinner than the other parts of hair. My family balding was usually the crown first rather than temples. Can rogaine by itself help the situation?

I reaaalllyyy dont wanna take propecia..i stopped taking creatine because of the dht boosting study. Should i give it another year before hopping on any kind of medication? As i previously mentioned, my hair didnt change noticable for the more than a year. But even for my brothers this is too soon. One of them lost hair at crown at 27 28. Its not hard for me to apply rogaine twice a day, but what if i m in a position where i cant do it for 2 days or more? I don't like being chained to a substance like that, it feels only like feeding my insecurities about hair. Is there any picture example of a thick front hairline so i can compare it?

So how do you know what sides you'll have?  The only way to know is to try the meds.  If you do experience hem, just stop the med.  What is typically explained during a consultation is the fact there is more testosterone under the medication.  So, you should be wanting more, not less, (interest in sex).  Why people experience side effects is beyond me.

The writing is on the wall.  If you've shown the propensity to lose, you will continue losing.  When?  I have no idea. So, let's say that you are destined not to lose anything. No harm, no foul.  But let's say you will lose all the hair you have.  If you start the medication and it works, you'll likely look the same as you do right now.  So, is retention important to you?  The sooner you get on the med, the sooner you can stop worrying about this. 

Typically the medications show enhancement, if there is going to be any, far more pronounced in the crown area.  Most have reported little to no enhancement in the front.  Thus, I would not count on it. 

Most guys report far more shedding when they start Rogaine.  The suggestion, however, is to continue using it until the body figures out what's going on.  Once it does you'll start noticing retention and a lot less shedding.  Now, to address one of your questions.  Say you use the medication for 10 years.  And 10 years from now you're destined to lose all the hair in the crown.  If you stop the medication, you'll see that same loss.  It would be the same loss you would have incurred in the 10 years but it will be rapid.  So, it's not that you'll lose more.  You'll lose what you were supposed to lose.

Once the hair is gone, it's gone.  You want to wait? Go ahead.  It is likely you'll have less hair then and we'll have to have the same conversation we are having today.

The recommendation is to do Rogaine twice a day.  This way you are getting 100% of the medication.  Using once a day gives you 90%.  So, I would suggest once a day, (at night before you go to bed). A word of caution.

Rogaine tends to be the most effective for about 7 years.  The effectiveness does drop after such time.  Just continue using it.

Have you done any research on laser therapy?  This is external to you so you would not have to worry about side effects.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LaserCap said:

So how do you know what sides you'll have?  The only way to know is to try the meds.  If you do experience hem, just stop the med.  What is typically explained during a consultation is the fact there is more testosterone under the medication.  So, you should be wanting more, not less, (interest in sex).  Why people experience side effects is beyond me.

The writing is on the wall.  If you've shown the propensity to lose, you will continue losing.  When?  I have no idea. So, let's say that you are destined not to lose anything. No harm, no foul.  But let's say you will lose all the hair you have.  If you start the medication and it works, you'll likely look the same as you do right now.  So, is retention important to you?  The sooner you get on the med, the sooner you can stop worrying about this. 

Typically the medications show enhancement, if there is going to be any, far more pronounced in the crown area.  Most have reported little to no enhancement in the front.  Thus, I would not count on it. 

Most guys report far more shedding when they start Rogaine.  The suggestion, however, is to continue using it until the body figures out what's going on.  Once it does you'll start noticing retention and a lot less shedding.  Now, to address one of your questions.  Say you use the medication for 10 years.  And 10 years from now you're destined to lose all the hair in the crown.  If you stop the medication, you'll see that same loss.  It would be the same loss you would have incurred in the 10 years but it will be rapid.  So, it's not that you'll lose more.  You'll lose what you were supposed to lose.

Once the hair is gone, it's gone.  You want to wait? Go ahead.  It is likely you'll have less hair then and we'll have to have the same conversation we are having today.

The recommendation is to do Rogaine twice a day.  This way you are getting 100% of the medication.  Using once a day gives you 90%.  So, I would suggest once a day, (at night before you go to bed). A word of caution.

Rogaine tends to be the most effective for about 7 years.  The effectiveness does drop after such time.  Just continue using it.

Have you done any research on laser therapy?  This is external to you so you would not have to worry about side effects.

 

 

Everything you ve just said makes sense. I have never read about laser therapy but it sounds good. How often you have to do the therapy? Is it effective by itself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also i heard about minoxidil tolerance and it doesnt sound good. Reading all this makes me think losing hair isnt thst bad anymore. I might consider propecia but again, i dont like the idea of taking such hormon influencing medication for a long time. It kinda scares me to think i d need to take it forever even if i have no sides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laser therapy works on the cellular level.  It promotes blood to the area.  More nutrients, help to the follicle. It is used 3 times per week for 30 minutes.  

Minoxidil tolerance? What does that mean?

What about patients that suffer from high blood pressure? The have to take the med daily......If not they can die.  This is not as drastic, but if you can keep all the hair you have...I think, personally, the $5 per month you are going to spend is well worth it.  

So say that 20 years from now you are destined to have nothing.  Do you think you'll be saying "perhaps I should have done it when I had the chance?"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LaserCap said:

Laser therapy works on the cellular level.  It promotes blood to the area.  More nutrients, help to the follicle. It is used 3 times per week for 30 minutes.  

Minoxidil tolerance? What does that mean?

What about patients that suffer from high blood pressure? The have to take the med daily......If not they can die.  This is not as drastic, but if you can keep all the hair you have...I think, personally, the $5 per month you are going to spend is well worth it.  

So say that 20 years from now you are destined to have nothing.  Do you think you'll be saying "perhaps I should have done it when I had the chance?"

 

I see your point and it also makes sense. What i could say i d do in 20 years is hair transplant. Thats a plan B. Plan c is to accept it and shave it if it gets too bald. Im gonna wait another 6 months and look back on my old photos. If there is a visible change i m either gonna hope 9n some of those medications or accept it. So your recommendation is propecia alone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

 

19 hours ago, Thisisnotatest333 said:

I see your point and it also makes sense. What i could say i d do in 20 years is hair transplant. Thats a plan B. Plan c is to accept it and shave it if it gets too bald. Im gonna wait another 6 months and look back on my old photos. If there is a visible change i m either gonna hope 9n some of those medications or accept it. So your recommendation is propecia alone? 

At least.  And possibly do the laser at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LaserCap said:

 

At least.  And possibly do the laser at the same time.

What is your opinion on the laser caps? ( since your name is literally laser cap haha). Could i buy a laser cap instead of going to the clinic for laser treatment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you go to a clinic it is likely they'll set you up with a Sunetics unit.  You have to go there 3 times a week and pay a fee.  If you purchase a cap, it is yours to keep and far more convenient to use at home.

I am a fan of LaserCap.  It's made in the US, carries a lifetime warranty and it's the only one in which studies were made.  Dr. Arocha and Dr. Alexander are providers as this is by prescription only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 10:06 PM, LaserCap said:

If you go to a clinic it is likely they'll set you up with a Sunetics unit.  You have to go there 3 times a week and pay a fee.  If you purchase a cap, it is yours to keep and far more convenient to use at home.

I am a fan of LaserCap.  It's made in the US, carries a lifetime warranty and it's the only one in which studies were made.  Dr. Arocha and Dr. Alexander are providers as this is by prescription only.

Recently came across derma roller. How effective it is in slowing down balding? Is it doing anything to stop it, even if its just a bit of contribution on its own, without minox and fin? I was thinking about ordering one from ali express, but dont know what size of the needles should i take, it goes from 0.2 to 4mm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thisisnotatest333 said:

Recently came across derma roller. How effective it is in slowing down balding? Is it doing anything to stop it, even if its just a bit of contribution on its own, without minox and fin? I was thinking about ordering one from ali express, but dont know what size of the needles should i take, it goes from 0.2 to 4mm

Check out @Mikey1970 thread and @CosmoKramer the dermaroller works. I suggest reaching out to these guys for their exact protocol. I need to start myself.


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×