Pilopeptan Hair Strengthening System

AndyPHL

Both my wife and I saw our dermatologist a few weeks ago for our annual skin check and my wife mentioned her hair loss.  She recommended we use Pilopeptan Intensive and capsules (for men and women) along with the shampoo and other products.  I never heard of the line and went on their website (www.genoveusa.com) and ordered my wife the intensive, which she took for 15 days and the capsules.  Yesterday my wife mentioned how her hair is stronger and not falling out as much.  Has anyone used these products? 

New - Pilopeptan Intensive USA.jpg

PILOPEPTAN-WOMAN-COMPRIMIDOS-caja-producto2.jpg

Peptides have been around for a while and, apparently, can have a positive effect.  I am aware a couple of clinics have incorporated this into their post op kits....It is up to the consultant to convince the patients that these are a "must" after a procedure.  Of course, there is money in there for the consultant. Supposedly this can help with "quicker" healing.  Not sure what it can do long term for the transplanted nor for the native hair.

The transplant industry sure keeps taking turns and not always for the benefit of the patient.  But you do have to realize, while we do share the commonality of being human, we all have our own unique traits. And just because something works for you, it does not mean it will work for me.  So, like I've told patients, "if it works for you....continue using it."

Most modalities do take time....say a year.  If you do end up purchasing the stuff, make sure to share your experience.  It'll be interesting to see what happens.  I am not holding by breath, however.

Maybe it can provide nutrients to help hair grow faster or keep it more shiny but supplements like these usually to not tackle the root cause of male/female pattern baldness which is usually a mix of genetics and hormone levels. 

Also, 15 days is nothing and impossible to see new growth. Just the telogen phase of a follicle is somewhere around 3 months.

Thanks and as LaserCap mentioned above, "if it works for you, continue using it."  If she saw results in the almost 30 days she's used the system (Intensive, capsules, shampoo and mask,) then I can assume it will continue strengthening.  Our derm said she had TE and that the concentrated peptides in these products will definitely help.  I started using her shampoo (I ran out of my Suave, lol) and I must say, I like the way it leaves my hair....i am not giving up my man card because I use a woman's shampoo  LOL :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Take a look at Natures Way Biotin Forte with Zinc. I think it has the same (or mostly the same?) ingredients at a much lower price. I've never tried it and not recommending it, just trying to save you some money if it looks like it may have the same ingredients.

biotinbottle.jpg

Biotinlabel.jpg

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 11 months later...
On 9/28/2019 at 4:09 AM, BeHappy said:

Take a look at Natures Way Biotin Forte with Zinc. I think it has the same (or mostly the same?) ingredients at a much lower price. I've never tried it and not recommending it, just trying to save you some money if it looks like it may have the same ingredients.

I've been taking Biotin Forte since about 2012, dermatologist up at the Cleveland Clinic I was seeing for a few years after being diagnosed with a scarring alopecia (LPP) and seborrheic dermatitis started me on it. Told her I prefer getting my nutrition from foods instead of pills, and that I already eat better than most, minimal processed and plenty of fruits/vegetables. But she still wanted me to take them to make sure there were no nutritional gaps. Makes my hair and nails grow faster, but never noticed any thickening or regrowth.