4 months and 1 week in

Been having problems with red spots on one side so I am not sure if that's the reason why one side is slower but antibiotics are working so they are going now but I seem to be worried about the amount of hair I have compared to others online. Everyone else has a lot more hair then I do in the 4 month videos and one side is growing faster then the other. Should I be worried or is this normal?

Thanks guys

20190826_150332.thumb.jpg.304209238e9b9442a3fd6a163320fbf2.jpg

20190826_150327.thumb.jpg.08184a091c62c245b229e4fa62f16bd0.jpg

At 3-4 months post-op the regrowth is just starting to show so nothing to worry about...you are right on course...;)

In addition you look like you have healthy hair so my premonition is that you will have a nice result as long as you went to a good reputable skilled surgeon.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you but I'm going to admit im very depressed a lot more then I was before I went thats for sure. Ill upload a quick mug shot of me a few weeks before I went but it's not the best as it's very rare I have photos of myself. It is now 5 months today I have had my hair transplant done and I waited until I was 32 as recommended even though I wanted it done in my mid-late 20's. I only really had a receading hair line that I hated and thinning bald spots on back of my crown that was it. Now what they did was take 5500 grafts and covered my whole head as there was signs of thinning all over but now look at the state of my head. It's a 100x worse then what it was before I went and they focused more on my crown then they did on my front so I hardly got that hairline anyway and now my whole heads a mess and after 5 months I'm still not seeing any decent results and my hair should of at least grown back my native hair to where it was before I went surely?.

Really depressed and worried and I checked the clinic I went with for months and they have had a lot of good feedback.

Here is a pic under yellow light and without light and a before pic.

20190921_135648.thumb.jpg.b00b31cf30ea5052592655cefa3139fb.jpg20190921_135719.thumb.jpg.50a1afcc792c586e436a284feced41aa.jpg20190921_135003.thumb.jpg.25752520fe39dc9bf8dd3fbd69c75c68.jpg20190921_134946.thumb.jpg.6aa5913e01e9e187c2cc6a825975192f.jpg

2018-11-18-09-51-49.jpg

Edited by reefy86

Did you do PRP at the time of the procedure?  If not, worry 8 months from now.  It truly takes a full year to see the full result of a transplant.  More importantly, however, what are you doing for retention of the native hair?  If you go on to lose more, it will look as if you did nothing - except you'll never be empty because we know the grafts will stay. 

There should be a definite improvement after 12-15 months have passed.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

I had 1 prp injection when I had the transplant done that's it. The doctor said I had really healthy donor and had a lot of follicles averaging at 4-6 hairs per follicle. So 5 months without prp is still normal for my results? 

• Moderators

It looks like you had a lot of shock loss throughout. This can happen when you still have some hair in the area that's being transplanted. When that happens it does look a lot worse for a while before it gets better. It basically takes about the same time to grow as the transplanted hair, so you should start seeing some improvements soon.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Very true and why in 12 months, I think things will look remarkably better.

Gillenator

• 2 months later...

8 months in guys and tbh I'm getting pretty fed up of the whole experience because the people who did the operation are only interested in me giving them a review and never get back to me regarding my problems yet they seem to have a lot of good feedback so I refuse to write them anything until the whole 18 months are over. Anyways here is my 8 month update and the only thing that's different from before I had the transplant done is I have hair at the front sides but one side is nowhere near as filled as the other side. Everything else such as the crown just looks the same as it did before I went. Like I said before around 6 months I see a lot of people having almost 60-70% growth by that mark where I am now 8 months in and I would say I have about 20-30% tops if that. What do you think guys?

20191212_174651.thumb.jpg.53009decc7b59bc67bf63fb6fd50bc54.jpg

20191212_175053.thumb.jpg.3878b7bc6d95d1a5bfcdc5dcf34de92d.jpg

20191212_175847.thumb.jpg.d15b48ec11462852165cd87ea8956635.jpg

20191212_175914.thumb.jpg.61321c754f5fe4bd8f24ab3ad67ad99e.jpg

I definitely see your concern...wait it out until you get at least one full year to 15 months post-op.

You may be a more slow grower which is not unusual.

Gillenator