Dr Saifi - Poland - Great experience and highly recommended

FredsHead

Hello Everyone,

My very positive experience with Dr Saifi in Poland. 

Firstly I had researched getting a transplant in 2018 with a view that it would cost around €5,000 to €7,000. I went for a consultation from a well known and respected surgeon in Malahide in Dublin. While my experience was good and the advice was good I was quoted a price that was way out of my budget (€13,500). He did however quote for 3000 graphs. 

After receiving the quote I decided not to move forward as I just couldn't justify this cost. In January 2019 I started Regaine to try stop the hair falling out with a view to starting Propecia a few months later. To be honest the Regaine worked a bit by making the hair a bit thicker but I would say a 5% difference. See photo below, named March 3rd - 3 months of taking Regaine: and photo July 17th - 7 months after taking Regaine. Hard to tell right? but I would say I had a slight positive result given that my hair is cut shorter in the July 17th photo. 

636239763_March3rd.jpg.2e77153ad3d252d089a3b387f19117af.jpg864692990_July17th.jpg.8c9ba4144e9869e5d2651f6726d3a625.jpg

Anyway moving on, I found this website, and saw some of the very positive reviews about Dr Saifi. I dropped him a mail and he priced me around €5,400 for 2500 grafts. This was my exact price point so I decided to book. I was lucky because Dr Saifi was able to fit me in on the 2nd of August. I had less than a month to wait. 

I decided to stay for 6 days in Wroclaw (It's beautiful and would advise anyone to stay for that amount of time if it's summertime. Just make sure your hotel is near the main square.) I was picked up from the airport when I arrived by a great guy called Chris, he drops you to the hotel, he then collects you on the day of the procedure and when you are going home he drops you to the airport. 

The day of the procedure was great, spotless surgery, great team and all really professional. You go through the usual consultation, they mark your new hairline and begin the procedure. I won't go into details but it is a walk in the park. Takes all day but it's totally painless. The procedure was a team effort, with Dr Saifi in the driving seat and each other person doing their part. 

After the procedure Dr Saifi explained that he actually hadn't managed to get the full 2500 grafts done  from the strip that he took and offered me £200 back. This I felt was very honest and reassuring of the credibility of this man and his team. So in total I think I got around 2300 grafts. 

So for the photos: This is one week after the procedure with 2300 grafts

1658237492_Aug8th.jpg.79ea9ef519798b60dc6cb8fc75907b3e.jpg

This is just coming up to the 10 day mark:

773100440_Aug12th.jpg.9c8a66c653814c7f7b8e255930f43413.jpg

This is the 2 week mark:

766516253_Aug16th.jpg.b2bf1bfa6921c4af39f4f88402e5b238.jpg

2 weeks in different lighting:

977894157_Aug18th.jpg.292bd64f888d52e14c395291a4e09ca1.jpg

Strip after 2 weeks:

43866733_Aug19th.jpg.08b2a4327766b63a6d89bd2b8fc93d73.jpg

By 3 weeks after the procedure it looks like I have started to lose the newly implanted hair as expected. Looking forward to the 4 month mark when I start to see the new hair coming through. 

1976873290_Aug20th.jpg.0b4413886c691796d8ffe2e1521a46ef.jpg

I will post again in 4 months then 5 months and so on till the results are final in 12 months. 

I will say I was very happy with the level of care and the professionalism of the team in Dr Saifi's, it was a great experience and I would highly recommend him. 

Two things to say before you embark on a transplant - after two weeks you could just about return to work without anyone noticing, although for me the most noticeable area was the FUT strip area, it still is after a month but it's fine. My advice is just own it, if someone asks, tell them straight, otherwise say nothing. That's what i did and the one person who asked, thought it was fantastic. After the first week of getting it done you really lose your inhibitions.  

Secondly and for me this is very important. The donor area scar can be very sore after the anesthetic wears off. I was given some pain killers from Dr Saifi but they just didn't do it for me.  The only thing that worked for me was Nurofen + (yes the nasty stuff). I had to take this 3 times a day in the first week, followed by once before bed in the second week. Kinda hard on the body but worth it in my opinion. 

Anyway, I'll post again when I see some results - hope this was helpful

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello everyone, 

Just a quick update on my HT with Dr Saifi Poland. It's been just over a year since I had my first transplant and the results have been amazing. So much so that I became greedy and went back to Dr Saifi to get another top-up on some of the areas that I felt could do with a bit more density and slightly lower the hairline. 

Below you can see the results of the first transplant: (Sorry about the poor quality photos bu I am trying to crop out family members :)

This one is 10 months after the TP, the photo is taken outside in natural light.

1626304113_10months.jpg.5e13aaa6495c33ea511f498ae9168d36.jpg

This next photo is taken indoors, please excuse the doodle my little kid put on the photo, also around the 10 month mark.

661179653_9months.jpg.f7841ac32363b9165cb8f8fb11e8bb6b.jpg

Finally this is 12 months after the HT and right in the middle of lock-down with no possibility of getting a haircut. My hair was very long and brushed to one side to hide any thin areas. If the wind blew it would look different :)

985884507_1year.jpg.74a160043befbfa740c2079e1f53b382.jpg

So as you can see and amazing result but I did say I got greedy and wanted more so this is me today after an additional 1600 graphs 10 days ago with Dr Saifi (bringing the hairline down by around 2-3 mm and filling out the back. By the way the scar from the first treatment is almost impossible to see, even with 2 blade on sides and back. 

now.JPG.06740ecd5cf073b6e3a6733d9b2f2ab7.JPG

Looking forward to Christmas when I will see the first of the new grafts come through. 

One final word, especially for people living in Ireland. Don't settle for over inflated prices you will find with local surgeons. For me Dr Safi is one of the best Surgeons in the business and almost half the price of local clinics.  

By the way, I have started taking CRLab Green line shampoo, patches and vials and I have ordered the laser band 82. Not 100% sure on these products but I feel it is better than taking Fin and Rogaine for the next few years. I'll keep you posted on results.

1 minute ago, Duke1984 said:

Hey, great results you must be delighted. I’ve a second fut with Marwan in September. What was the story regarding travel and quarantine in Poland? 

No problems at all. In fairness I think they they are in a better position than us in terms of cases per million people. All the restaurants and bars are open and no issues with hotels. Most people wear masks. Honestly I felt safer over there than I do in Dublin. 

30 minutes ago, FredsHead said:

Hello everyone, 

Just a quick update on my HT with Dr Saifi Poland. It's been just over a year since I had my first transplant and the results have been amazing. So much so that I became greedy and went back to Dr Saifi to get another top-up on some of the areas that I felt could do with a bit more density and slightly lower the hairline. 

Below you can see the results of the first transplant: (Sorry about the poor quality photos bu I am trying to crop out family members :)

This one is 10 months after the TP, the photo is taken outside in natural light.

This next photo is taken indoors, please excuse the doodle my little kid put on the photo, also around the 10 month mark.

Finally this is 12 months after the HT and right in the middle of lock-down with no possibility of getting a haircut. My hair was very long and brushed to one side to hide any thin areas. If the wind blew it would look different :)

So as you can see and amazing result but I did say I got greedy and wanted more so this is me today after an additional 1600 graphs 10 days ago with Dr Saifi (bringing the hairline down by around 2-3 mm and filling out the back. By the way the scar from the first treatment is almost impossible to see, even with 2 blade on sides and back. 

Looking forward to Christmas when I will see the first of the new grafts come through. 

One final word, especially for people living in Ireland. Don't settle for over inflated prices you will find with local surgeons. For me Dr Safi is one of the best Surgeons in the business and almost half the price of local clinics.  

I agree 100% .  Less quality results also. Best wishes for a great result. 

Paddy

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
5 hours ago, Falconary said:

Hello man,

Would love to see how the scar has healed in the donor region if you have pic to share? :) Im also considering Saifi and would probably go for FUT

Hi 

Yeah no problem ive been getting a 2 on back & sides lately and its really hard to see tbh how many graphs you looking to get have you been in contact with him yet ? 

4 hours ago, Deanoo78 said:

Hi 

Yeah no problem ive been getting a 2 on back & sides lately and its really hard to see tbh how many graphs you looking to get have you been in contact with him yet ? 

Well, I've been quoted Up to 5000 grafts by other clinics (which I think is way too much). The lowest I've got is about 3500 grafts (except Dr. Saifi). I'm in contact with Dr. Saifi and he has previously quoted me 2000 grafts. I asked him if he can increase it to 2500-3000 grafts but he doesnt want my to focus on the technical details, wait for the real life consultation and thereafter focus on how to take care of my hair after the HT. He believes that much of my hair (crown) can be saved by treatment, probably exosomes. I will probably talk with him by phone the coming days. Have you had the exosomes injections and if so, did they help and how much do they cost?

19 hours ago, Falconary said:

Well, I've been quoted Up to 5000 grafts by other clinics (which I think is way too much). The lowest I've got is about 3500 grafts (except Dr. Saifi). I'm in contact with Dr. Saifi and he has previously quoted me 2000 grafts. I asked him if he can increase it to 2500-3000 grafts but he doesnt want my to focus on the technical details, wait for the real life consultation and thereafter focus on how to take care of my hair after the HT. He believes that much of my hair (crown) can be saved by treatment, probably exosomes. I will probably talk with him by phone the coming days. Have you had the exosomes injections and if so, did they help and how much do they cost?

Yeah he dosent like to do too many graphs in one sitting i had 2 procedures 1st one was frontal zone 2800 graphs FUT then went back year later and had crown done 1100 graphs FUE. I never heard of exosomes injections it wouldnt be for me anyway. I did in the begining use the cr lab shampoos he reccomends and laser comb although havent used both for past year.

4 hours ago, Deanoo78 said:

Yeah he dosent like to do too many graphs in one sitting i had 2 procedures 1st one was frontal zone 2800 graphs FUT then went back year later and had crown done 1100 graphs FUE. I never heard of exosomes injections it wouldnt be for me anyway. I did in the begining use the cr lab shampoos he reccomends and laser comb although havent used both for past year.

Yea the exosomes seems to be a next level prp thing with stem cells and other cells. Its seems promising since I see alot of US based clinics implenting it, with  great results. Happy to hear that you are satisfied with the HT scar. Did you have pic to share on the scar with short hair?

• Administrators

Would love to see another update 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/29/2020 at 8:31 PM, FredsHead said:

Hello everyone, 

Totally agree Fred. Lots of excellent surgeons here in Ireland, but prices are just crazy. I've been to Dr Saifi three times (as like others, when you see the improvement you just want more!). He is excellent, with a fantastic team. He plans for the long term (eg being careful with your donor areas). He responds personally to any queries, and is really conscientious.  He charges an extremely fair price and I would totally recommend him to anyone. 

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, Deanoo78 said:

Pointless hurtfull comment what do you expect?? do 5000 + in one session ? Its not a crime to do a transplant in stages hair loss is progressive so why not reverse it progressive ? Either way end result will be same each to there own imo. 

Are you talking to me? Maybe you can’t comprehend my text. I’m saying that’s insane he filled that much in with that little amount of grafts. Almost a less is more. It wasn’t a hurtful comment it was a “wow Dr Saifi is a wizard” since the pictures look full. Maybe don’t come on this site making messages on here before you understand what someone says.

• 6 months later...