Baldness from scratching, picking (Recommendation?)

Hi everyone. 

No men in my family have baldness. I have 6 uncles, all with super thick hair. But I'm balding because all my life I used to habitually scratch at and pick at my scalp. I've reigned it in but I've taken to shaving my head. Check my pics. You can see it's instigated baldness, but it's not necessarily typical, its in patches. I can actually still grow hair, but my hairline is uneven in the front when I do, and people constantly stared at my scalp, rather than in my eyes. 

I'm 40 now. I think the major loss has stopped now. 

I want to fix my hair. 

I'm very close to Turkey at the moment and I hear it's the place to go for treatment. I want a transplant. I know there are different 

Can any of you give me an idea of the cost to thicken this up, fix my hairline? How long is the waiting list usually? I could go to Turkey tomorrow if I wanted. 

I've attached a few pics. Any advice on who to see, price, and if I look like a good fit for this treatment, please let me know. Thank you. 

IMG_20190902_130041229.jpg

IMG_20190902_130109331_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20190902_130219562.jpg

2 hours ago, CityGuy78 said:

My budget is $1000 USD. 

In my opinion and looking from your photos if you choose a good surgeon then 2,000-2,500 grafts could help with density in your frontal area but there is no way you will find a reputable clinic that will do that many grafts for you budget of $1,000. Save up some more money and do your research.

• Like 1

• Administrators

This is definitely male pattern baldness. It’s amazing the great lengths we go through to justify balding. I’ve seen guys bald as a coot claim that it’s stress. 

No, it’s definitely not scratching induced hair loss. It’s clear temple recession and diffusion. Forget about transplants until you have a decent savings. I suggest using the $1,000 to buy finasteride and minoxidil. See how it works, give it a year.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2019 at 3:42 PM, CityGuy78 said:

Hi everyone. 

No men in my family have baldness. I have 6 uncles, all with super thick hair. But I'm balding because all my life I used to habitually scratch at and pick at my scalp. I've reigned it in but I've taken to shaving my head. Check my pics. You can see it's instigated baldness, but it's not necessarily typical, its in patches. I can actually still grow hair, but my hairline is uneven in the front when I do, and people constantly stared at my scalp, rather than in my eyes. 

I'm 40 now. I think the major loss has stopped now. 

I want to fix my hair. 

I'm very close to Turkey at the moment and I hear it's the place to go for treatment. I want a transplant. I know there are different 

Can any of you give me an idea of the cost to thicken this up, fix my hairline? How long is the waiting list usually? I could go to Turkey tomorrow if I wanted. 

I've attached a few pics. Any advice on who to see, price, and if I look like a good fit for this treatment, please let me know. Thank you. 

IMG_20190902_130041229.jpg

IMG_20190902_130109331_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20190902_130219562.jpg

You are andro genetic alopecia 

Male pattern thinning 

Treat it as early as possible.