Oral Minoxidil

What do you guys think of oral minoxidil? I just got a bunch of 5mg minoxidil pills but I’m hesitant on taking them since there isn’t much info on the oral version. I can’t use the foam or liquid because I have pretty severe seborrheic dermatitis and it makes my scalp way too dry and flaky. 

You'll be fine.  Several overseas surgeons reco oral minox.  It's very well tolerated at levels way way higher than 5mg per day.

U.S. surgeons won't say that though - that's legal concern though.

If you want, check your blood pressure each day before and about 2 hours after taking it.  It lowers blood pressure.  Monitor for a few months if extra cautious.

I was on 5mg oral for about 9 months and am on 10mg daily now (5mg a.m./5mg early evening).  No issues 15 months in. 

Edited by jjsrader

18 hours ago, lift24 said:

Hi, 

I was on 5mg oral for about 12 months and am now on 10mg oral. Haven't noticed any side effects. Hope that helps.

I’m interested in trying oral minoxidil. Have you seen noticeable improvements? Also can anyone help direct me to a reputable place to buy oral minoxidil online? I’m in the u.s.

thanks in advance

7 hours ago, Shifty said:

This would save so much time, Is 5mg foam the same as 5mg pill?

Absolutely not. Only a fraction of the topical is absorbed systemically compared to taking a dose orally. I don’t think oral minox is the answer. I’ve only heard of dr path and his other Thai colleague laorwong recommend oral minox.

Personally I think there are too many risks for something that doesn’t even address the root cause of mpb (dht).

15 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

i started oral minox august 1st and my shedding has slowed down. i have been on fin for over a year. not sure if its coincidence and lining up with the end of a fin shedding phase but havent had sides yet so will continue

Great feedback hairlossPA I’ve started around that time myself haven’t noticed anything yet but maybe it’s too soon...how many mgs are u using ?

21 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

my doc wanted to start me off with 2.5mg. I have 5mg pills that I cut in half. When I have my 3 month check in, he will probably bump me up to the full 5mg if I dont have any sides to report

Have you noticed any improvements/enhancements from it?

On 9/3/2019 at 9:37 PM, jj51702 said:

Uhh are you guys being monitored by a doctor or cardiologist while taking oral minox? You do realize this is a blood pressure med right....

Good to know.

I have high blood pressure, might have to talk to my doc about switching me to oral minox.

I don't know how true this is, as I haven't looked into it, but my dermatologist said that they are discovering that oral minox is actually more effective than topical.

She said that the latest research found an inhibitory characteristic of topical minoxidil in the scalp, and as such, not all of it is absorbed.

Oral bypasses this (allegedly), and is apparently more potent.

Though, as I said, I haven't researched this myself.

• Like 1