Anyone tried or know about Redensyl?

hair4tomo

Has anyone tried Redensyl? It's supposed to be an alternative to Minoxidil, and is used as a topical spray.

It seems to produce promising results (much better than Min), but unfortunately, I'm not 100% sure if the research on it is genuine. I found this one but that's from a company website, and this article, though initially authoritative looking, is from the Omicsonline, which is a "predatory publisher" according to Wikipedia.

• 2 months later...

Hi

I started using Panthrix which contains Redensyl (bought from Amazon UK but shipped from Germany) around 5-6 months ago. I didn't see any growth for the first 2-3 months but from month 4, have started to see very small wispy hairs starting to appear so for me it seems to be doing something. I'm also taking 1mg Finasteride & It Really Works Vitamins (glorified biotin tablets) daily.

I stopped using 5% Minoxidil foam last year due to the dark eye patches I was getting....my wife used to call me Minoxidil Eyes lol

Edited by psychopomp1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/28/2019 at 7:27 AM, psychopomp1 said:

Hi

I started using Panthrix which contains Redensyl (bought from Amazon UK but shipped from Germany) around 5-6 months ago. I didn't see any growth for the first 2-3 months but from month 4, have started to see very small wispy hairs starting to appear so for me it seems to be doing something. I'm also taking 1mg Finasteride & It Really Works Vitamins (glorified biotin tablets) daily.

I stopped using 5% Minoxidil foam last year due to the dark eye patches I was getting....my wife used to call me Minoxidil Eyes lol

In this day and age there are tons of products out there that perhaps are helping.  I do think, however, there is a misunderstanding as to what these products can do.  Most think it will be a magical pill that will regrow hair. So, let's take at this  inquiry from psychopomp1.

Used Redensyl for 5-6 months.  No immediate regrowth but did see some wispy hairs at 4 months.  Oh wait, also taking Finasteride & some "Really Works" vitamins.  The question is, were you taking Finasteride the entire time? So, what caused the regrowth, as you call it? Was it Redensyl or Finasteride? Or a combination of both? Perhaps it was the Really Works vitamins.

Meds do not regrow anything.  What does happen?

There are two types of loss, the type you see and the type you don't see.  The type you see, shedding, is normal.  Most believe 100 hair a day is the norm.  (The follicle gets tired of producing hair and it goes into a dormant period.  The hair then returns. The type of hair loss you don't see is what we are concerned about.

Under a bright light look what's happening in the temporal areas.  You'll notice the shaft of each strand may have different caliber hair. Some thick, some finer.  This process is called miniaturization.  Eventually the hair withers away until it finally disappears.  That's hair loss. Once gone, the hair does not return. Meds are intended to halt this process.  So, when patients say, "I regrew hair." it is enhancement of the hair that's on its way out.  Again, nothing regrows hair from nothing.

Lastly, it takes a good year to truly assess how effective meds are.  If you were noticing enhancement at 4-5 months, I would encourage you to continue the combo which seems to have helped.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.