Norwood 3 from childhood, Advice before a HT!

Hi all,

Im going to be getting a HT soon but wanted to make sure i dont have a unique case that could cause it issues,

Ive got effectively a standard NW3 hairline, thats been the same since birth/childhood! it looks like ive had MPB but its something that ive always had, with no noticeable loss!

if this just rubbish hairline genetics (mum has high hairline and uncles have receded temples from mpb) or some condition as ive never seen anyone with the same Nw3 pattern their whole life,

i just want to check i dont have something wrong with my skin on temple area that could stop the HT hairs from growing

Thanks

You probably had high androgen exposure at some point, possibly in utero, so you had an aggressive progression followed by stasis.

Whether or not it will continue to progress is a combination of genetics and lifestyle/medication. Take serial pictures from a consistent angle/lighting to see if it changes over time if you are concerned or are thinking of meds/surgery.

Ive decided on getting a HT done, as the bald temples are quite far back and ive never had hair there, im more concerned as to whether there is a skin condition or something genetic that could stop transplanted hair growing in the temples after the procedure,

if its ever receded then i suspect only a very small amount at the hair line but nothing to class it as hairloss, id say it was natural with age

• Administrators

Can you post some pictures of you as a child? It’s highly improbable that you were norwood 3 since childhood. You may have been born with a high forehead, but temple recession is not likely.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 9/2/2019 at 5:53 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Can you post some pictures of you as a child? It’s highly improbable that you were norwood 3 since childhood. You may have been born with a high forehead, but temple recession is not likely.

youll have to trust me, ive seen my baby photos and the hairline is exactly the same, 

its not normal and ive never seen anyone with receded temples from a young age before, im not posting baby pictures up to prove it though! :)

5 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

when you say "baby", up to what age are we talking about? I believe babies up until even 2 years old can exhibit signs of baldness. 

If you've had it throughout your entire life I'd probably consider getting examined by a dermatologist or consult with a HT doc here for a proper medical answer

earliest picture ive seen is from around 2 with this hairline, i suspect its either a case of no hair follicles developed there or some really bad luck with baby testosterone that never grew back