Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

im 10 days post FUE 4200 grafts and was wondering what you guys think about my hair density? It seems thin to me but what do you think? I know it’s hard to tell results wise but what are your initial reactions? Cheers.

4B155C4C-1913-476D-98C2-C7AC3A9B0E59.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait 6 months....to get a preliminary answer.  I would wait a full 12 months and then ask away.  When the hair first starts growing, the shaft is very thin.  I takes time to mature.

More importantly, are you doing any medical therapy to help you with retention of the native hair? This will eventually help the overall density.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks LaserCap. I am currently taking biotin and saw palmetto and using a ketoconzoale shampoo 3-4 times a week initially. Do you have any other useful supplements worth taking apart from finasteride? (I’ve had previous side effects). Cheers.

Edited by JGAUS
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m assuming all 4200 were placed in the frontal area...in the photo?  No crown work?  You will see new growth in 3-4 months and hopefully will be very happy with the results in 9-12 months.  Hang in there and be patient.  If you want to see what to expect along the way, check out my website below and look at the archived photos and narrative from September 2012.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you’re comparing it to your donor then yes the density will appear thinner. However, that’s just how hair transplants are. You just cannot achieve native density with a transplant, it’s near impossible. I’m sure you’ve heard it numerous times but hts are an “illusion.” If you implant 50% or higher density (compared to your native) then it should appear as a full head of hair to most. Of course you’ll need to keep it at certain lengths, styles, using certain styling products, etc. I see nothing out of the ordinary with your transplant but I’m no expert.

 

who was your doc?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 12:52 PM, jj51702 said:

If you’re comparing it to your donor then yes the density will appear thinner. However, that’s just how hair transplants are. You just cannot achieve native density with a transplant, it’s near impossible. I’m sure you’ve heard it numerous times but hts are an “illusion.” If you implant 50% or higher density (compared to your native) then it should appear as a full head of hair to most. Of course you’ll need to keep it at certain lengths, styles, using certain styling products, etc. I see nothing out of the ordinary with your transplant but I’m no expert.

 

who was your doc?

Is it pretty much impossible to have  buzz cut with a HT without being obvious? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2019 at 12:19 AM, LaserCap said:

Wait 6 months....to get a preliminary answer.  I would wait a full 12 months and then ask away.  When the hair first starts growing, the shaft is very thin.  I takes time to mature.

More importantly, are you doing any medical therapy to help you with retention of the native hair? This will eventually help the overall density.

So density generally improves after shed from how it looks directly after cleaning scabs off?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of the type of procedure, the follicle typically will have a very short hair attached, (remember the donor was reduced down to stubble). Sometimes this hair can start growing from day 1.  More commonly, however, hair will start coming in 3-4 mo. most op after scrubbing off.  So, it is not that you're shedding.  It's removal of the crusts along with the stubble what you're referring to.

Logically, once the hair starts growing, density will improve. But It'll be gradually as the shafts mature.

Density is a function of many factors:

Native hair, native hair loss.  Shedding, return of the "shed" hair, transplants, growth.  Transplants, growth of transplants.

So, if you lose native hair, add medical therapy and perhaps transplants.

If you shed, add medical therapy to help minimize the shedding.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, keysersoze said:

Is it pretty much impossible to have  buzz cut with a HT without being obvious? 

This is a photo I've shared many times two years after my first surgery.  The scarring was not really visibly discernible...in my opinion. 

 

image.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JohnCasper said:

This is a photo I've shared many times two years after my first surgery.  The scarring was not really visibly discernible...in my opinion. 

 

image.jpeg

Agree with donor but meant more because of the density difference between native and recipient area when buzzed rather than donor. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...