Potential hair density

JGAUS

Hi all,

im 10 days post FUE 4200 grafts and was wondering what you guys think about my hair density? It seems thin to me but what do you think? I know it’s hard to tell results wise but what are your initial reactions? Cheers.

4B155C4C-1913-476D-98C2-C7AC3A9B0E59.jpeg

Wait 6 months....to get a preliminary answer.  I would wait a full 12 months and then ask away.  When the hair first starts growing, the shaft is very thin.  I takes time to mature.

More importantly, are you doing any medical therapy to help you with retention of the native hair? This will eventually help the overall density.

Thanks LaserCap. I am currently taking biotin and saw palmetto and using a ketoconzoale shampoo 3-4 times a week initially. Do you have any other useful supplements worth taking apart from finasteride? (I’ve had previous side effects). Cheers.

Edited by JGAUS

I’m assuming all 4200 were placed in the frontal area...in the photo?  No crown work?  You will see new growth in 3-4 months and hopefully will be very happy with the results in 9-12 months.  Hang in there and be patient.  If you want to see what to expect along the way, check out my website below and look at the archived photos and narrative from September 2012.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

If you’re comparing it to your donor then yes the density will appear thinner. However, that’s just how hair transplants are. You just cannot achieve native density with a transplant, it’s near impossible. I’m sure you’ve heard it numerous times but hts are an “illusion.” If you implant 50% or higher density (compared to your native) then it should appear as a full head of hair to most. Of course you’ll need to keep it at certain lengths, styles, using certain styling products, etc. I see nothing out of the ordinary with your transplant but I’m no expert.

who was your doc?

Post new pictures in about 8-10 weeks.  I’ll bet you see new hairs percolating through your scalp.  You have plenty to look forward to....just be patient.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 9/4/2019 at 12:52 PM, jj51702 said:

If you’re comparing it to your donor then yes the density will appear thinner. However, that’s just how hair transplants are. You just cannot achieve native density with a transplant, it’s near impossible. I’m sure you’ve heard it numerous times but hts are an “illusion.” If you implant 50% or higher density (compared to your native) then it should appear as a full head of hair to most. Of course you’ll need to keep it at certain lengths, styles, using certain styling products, etc. I see nothing out of the ordinary with your transplant but I’m no expert.

who was your doc?

Is it pretty much impossible to have  buzz cut with a HT without being obvious? 

On 8/31/2019 at 12:19 AM, LaserCap said:

Wait 6 months....to get a preliminary answer.  I would wait a full 12 months and then ask away.  When the hair first starts growing, the shaft is very thin.  I takes time to mature.

More importantly, are you doing any medical therapy to help you with retention of the native hair? This will eventually help the overall density.

So density generally improves after shed from how it looks directly after cleaning scabs off?

Regardless of the type of procedure, the follicle typically will have a very short hair attached, (remember the donor was reduced down to stubble). Sometimes this hair can start growing from day 1.  More commonly, however, hair will start coming in 3-4 mo. most op after scrubbing off.  So, it is not that you're shedding.  It's removal of the crusts along with the stubble what you're referring to.

Logically, once the hair starts growing, density will improve. But It'll be gradually as the shafts mature.

Density is a function of many factors:

Native hair, native hair loss.  Shedding, return of the "shed" hair, transplants, growth.  Transplants, growth of transplants.

So, if you lose native hair, add medical therapy and perhaps transplants.

If you shed, add medical therapy to help minimize the shedding.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keysersoze said:

Is it pretty much impossible to have  buzz cut with a HT without being obvious? 

This is a photo I've shared many times two years after my first surgery.  The scarring was not really visibly discernible...in my opinion. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JohnCasper said:

This is a photo I've shared many times two years after my first surgery.  The scarring was not really visibly discernible...in my opinion. 

image.jpeg

Agree with donor but meant more because of the density difference between native and recipient area when buzzed rather than donor. 

• Administrators

It’s hard to say with one picture. Can you post a pre-op photo and an immediacy post-op photo. This will allow us to see where the grafts were placed and the level of hair loss prior.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.