3622 Grafts | FUE | Dr. Bisanga - August 26, 2019

maxmind90

6 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Yes it does look like your native hair has taken a hit since your HT. Does it look any better when it’s grown out more.? 

A bit but not really no. Native hair took a hit and the recipient area does not look good at all

assuming you aren’t on finasteride or any medical therapy? this is the risk you take with your nontransplanted hair. I do agree the hairline should be better. unfortunately one of the first poorer results i’ve seen from his clinic lately 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

assuming you aren’t on finasteride or any medical therapy? this is the risk you take with your nontransplanted hair. I do agree the hairline should be better. unfortunately one of the first poorer results i’ve seen from his clinic lately 

I'm taking 1mg of Propecia and 5mg of oral Minoxidil daily

1 minute ago, maxmind90 said:

I'm taking 1mg of Propecia and 5mg of oral Minoxidil daily

Hi there,

How long have you been taking Propecia and Minoxidil for?  I’m curious as to why your pattern of hair loss was not diagnosed initially before the procedure. It seems quite rapid in terms of native loss.  Propecia should definitely help.  Did you get an idea from the doctor of donor supply in terms of graft numbers etc?

It would seem that potentially the heavy crusting during your healing process could have played a part, did you get that resolved with any medication?

I think that the work done looked very clean and with good density so surprised it isn’t more dense.  However it is only 10 months and many people don’t blossom for the full year so don’t give up hope yet!  

Do you have any other pre-op photos showing angles other than straight on? I can see that a fair bit of the native hair looks like it may have been in bad shape before the surgery but I can't tell for sure with that limited perspective.

If Dr. Bisanga is correct and you are indeed suffering diffuse tellogen effluvium then PRP and Mesotherapy could indeed help because they tend to coax hair back into anagen phase growth. I have limited knowledge on the efficacy of this approach after a surgery but I would say clearly your scalp is sensitive to the trauma of surgery and jumping into another procedure without examining non-surgical options is probably rash.

Did you get tested for vitamin deficiencies and/or thyroid issues? Did something traumatic happen in your life that caused a lot of stress? Also, I noticed you had that issue with the scalp flakes. Did Dr. Bisanga tell you it was just dandruff or perhaps scalp psoriasis? Hope you get this resolved man.

Edited by Sam818

On 6/17/2020 at 1:15 PM, maxmind90 said:

***Month 10 Update***

Hey guys,

Sorry for not posting here for a while. Was super busy during the holidays and then Covid hit shortly thereafter.

So my hair growth has not gone as well as I expected and I reached out to Dr. Bisanga and he said I have Diffuse Telogen Effluvim and recommended PRP and Mesotherapy. I'm not too sure if these treatments will help or not. I have attached pictures. I'm not too happy at this point and would love to hear what you guys think and can suggest.

IMG_0479.jpeg

IMG_0480.jpeg

IMG_0481.jpeg

IMG_0487.jpeg

IMG_0485.jpeg

IMG_0486.jpeg

So you have been hit by Diffuse Telogen Effluvium during these months since the surgery? The doctor did not discover it when he saw you on surgery day?

Sorry to see this OP. I think the positive we can take away is that you are involved with a great surgeon and clinic, so rest assured some diagnosis and solution should hopefully be identified on your next in person follow up. Please keep us all updated, as threads like these are very important to the community, and personally I would love to see you overcome this.   

• 6 months later...
On 6/17/2020 at 1:30 PM, Danny1671 said:

Hi there,

How long have you been taking Propecia and Minoxidil for?  I’m curious as to why your pattern of hair loss was not diagnosed initially before the procedure. It seems quite rapid in terms of native loss.  Propecia should definitely help.  Did you get an idea from the doctor of donor supply in terms of graft numbers etc?

It would seem that potentially the heavy crusting during your healing process could have played a part, did you get that resolved with any medication?

I think that the work done looked very clean and with good density so surprised it isn’t more dense.  However it is only 10 months and many people don’t blossom for the full year so don’t give up hope yet!  

Why would crusting affect the result? I thought crusting/scabbing was normal? I had crusting and scabbing and I didn't start aggressively washing it off until around 2 weeks post-op.

On 5/27/2020 at 8:49 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

When patients stop posting 9/10 it’s because their hair grew and they forget about hair loss. To many, they visit the site to help with a problem (hair loss), and once that problem is solved, they forget about us. 

While this is true, I also suspect many people don’t update because they got unsatisfactory results.

It’s much easier to post when you have good news rather than showing poor results. Even if most cases are anonymous. 

That said, I would love for this patient to overcome this. Hope he posts an update soon. 

Edited by cbc3113
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cbc3113 said:

While this is true, I also suspect many people don’t update because they got unsatisfactory results.

It’s much easier to post when you have good news rather than showing poor results. Even if most cases are anonymous. 

That said, I would love for this patient to overcome this. Hope he posts an update soon. 

@cbc3113 100% agree. its not hard at all for someone with amazing results to post pics and receive an echo-chamber of praise from everyone here. It takes courage and alot of openness to post bad HT results on here. This being the internet, alot of remarks are not constructive feedback, but are just basic insensitive remarks. 

It can be doubly hard bc not everyone has the means to immediately stop everything they are doing and get a repair HT from an elite doctor. Many people do unfortunately have to just accept and live with bad HT results, so it can hurt to get comments such as "wow your hairline sucks bro call Dr. Konior asap"

Edited by DenverBuff1989
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rossybop said:

Why would crusting affect the result? I thought crusting/scabbing was normal? I had crusting and scabbing and I didn't start aggressively washing it off until around 2 weeks post-op.

It was the only thing about your whole process that I thought looked slightly out of the ordinary.  I know there is no ‘normal’ as everyone is different but from your photos the crusting did look pretty severe so thought that could have had a part to play.  Have you been back to see Dr Bisanga?  I’m really interested to hear his thoughts and what the next steps are.  Please keep us updated.  Here for you if you need support mate 👍🏼

3 hours ago, Coady said:

I think this is the first ever bad result I have seen from bisanga. Just goes to show their is no guarantee wherever you go. Also I think factor is x is a real factor in relation to failed surgeries.

yes this is the unfortunate reality. Obviously going to an elite surgeon increases your probability of success, but there is no guarantee. I went to a random no-name doc for my 1st HT with poor results. But I have seen a significant number of threads on this site of poor results from elite doctors that are similar to mine. 

I sincerely do wish everyone on here gets the best results possible, but it does help me cope knowing that, for my own poor result costing $6,500, I could have paid $20,000 and there is a chance the result could have still been the same. 

Edited by DenverBuff1989
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Coady said:

I think this is the first ever bad result I have seen from bisanga. Just goes to show their is no guarantee wherever you go. Also I think factor is x is a real factor in relation to failed surgeries.

Absolutely. One would be very naïve to think any surgeon can claim 100% success rate. There are just too many variables in play that are out of the hands of a surgeon. Even the best ones.

Edited by cbc3113
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Danny1671 said:

It was the only thing about your whole process that I thought looked slightly out of the ordinary.  I know there is no ‘normal’ as everyone is different but from your photos the crusting did look pretty severe so thought that could have had a part to play.  Have you been back to see Dr Bisanga?  I’m really interested to hear his thoughts and what the next steps are.  Please keep us updated.  Here for you if you need support mate 👍🏼

This is not my thread man! I had a FUE transplant with Dr Saifi in Poland two weeks ago and I've just commented here because I had a good deal of crusting myself, I didn't really rinse it off until the 2 week mark, that's why I'm wondering is there a link between crusting and poor growth. As far as I know scabs and crusting are quite normal.

59 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

This is not my thread man! I had a FUE transplant with Dr Saifi in Poland two weeks ago and I've just commented here because I had a good deal of crusting myself, I didn't really rinse it off until the 2 week mark, that's why I'm wondering is there a link between crusting and poor growth. As far as I know scabs and crusting are quite normal.

Sorry mate!  Yes crusting is normal as I’m sure you know.  Good luck with your journey 👍🏼 

• Like 1

• Administrators

@maxmind90

I would love to see some pictures. Not sure why this thread was bumped if there hasn’t been any updates. Please keep us updated. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.