3622 Grafts | FUE | Dr. Bisanga - August 26, 2019

maxmind90

Hi guys,

I finally decided to move forward with my HT after years and years of research. I've been debating whether to do or not to do a HT for quite some time and after browsing these forums for such a long time without contributing anything I've decided to document my process for you guys.

Graft Breakdown

1 Unit: 995

2 Units: 1597

3 Units: 961

4 Units: 69

We did 2100 or so grafts on day one and the remainder on day two.

Why Dr. Bisanga?

I had consultations with many of the top surgeons and traveling was not going to be an issue for me so I definitely had a few options. In the end I decided to go with Dr. Bisanga. Even though I never went in for an in person consultation, Hilde was wonderful throughout the entire process and she helped make my decision in choosing Dr. Bisanga a lot easier. Dr. Bisanga is a wonderful doctor who makes you feel comfortable during your surgery.

Surgery and Clinic

I'm not going to go into detail on the clinic since you guys already know what to expect here. I will say that I was satisfied with the clinic and all the techs were super nice and friendly. The surgery took two days with a total of 3,622 grafts planted.  I went back in one more day after the surgery just for a quick checkup and to have my scalp cleaned and I'm on my way back home now.

My Goals

So Dr. B asked me what my goals were before the surgery and I told him that I've seen my hairline go higher and higher over the years and I wanted to bring it back down with lots of density. He drew a hairline for me and I was satisfied so we decided to go with it. I did mention that I want to fill up my crown but Dr. B recommended to wait. The goal for this surgery was to create a brand new hairline, pack up the front and overall reduce the size of my forehead.

I've attached some before and afters and I will make sure to keep you guys posted on the progress.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Edited by maxmind90

• Administrators

I have to say the work looks extremely clean and I wouldn’t expect it any other way, since its Dr. Bisanga. 

I would encourage you to create a patient website it’s free and a great researching tool and progress tracker. 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@maxmind90

Congratulations on your recent surgery with Dr Bisanga. I appreciate your concise documentation.

Work looks great. Nice work on the temporal profile.

I look forward to seeing this grow in. Wishing you the best of luck.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Here are the day 4 updates. I've been spraying my hair with Isobetadine shampoo since day 2 and using a cup to rinse it out very slowly. I've also been spraying saline solution every few hours to the recipient area and using Hydocalm cream twice a day to the donor area.

My right donor side is healing pretty quickly but the left side is very red/yellowish. My donor area has gotten extremely itchy and painful today. Post op was pretty painless and wasn't itchy up till this point.

What do you guys think of the density of the implanted grafts and the condition of the donor area?

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Edited by maxmind90

On 9/3/2019 at 5:42 AM, maxmind90 said:

Day 6

Worst itch of my life. Prob the most uncomfortable day yet but I'm hanging in there.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

11.jpg

Hi I'm at pretty similar timescales to yourself in regards to my operation with Dr.Dr.Bisanga. Have you got any additional updates to share? I went to Athens on the 3rd of September for mine. Happy growing!

• Administrators

Everything looks right on track 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 9/3/2019 at 5:42 AM, maxmind90 said:

Day 6

Worst itch of my life. Prob the most uncomfortable day yet but I'm hanging in there.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

11.jpg

That looks so good! Such a neat hairline. I'm sure it will turn up amazing!

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

So it's been about 9 weeks since the surgery. I took these pictures at the 7 week mark.. it's gotten a little better in the past two weeks.. not as crusty but my scalp is still very red and itchy. Is this normal?

IMG_4864.jpeg

IMG_4861.jpeg

IMG_4865.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Maxmind90, what are you shampoo your head with? looks like tons of crust on the native hair..  

I'm few weeks after you on the recover from HT timeline, also had mine with Dr Bisanga, and also had some crust, but not severe as yours. what I did was I switched from baby shampoo to head and shoulders once a week and also used soft brush to massage the crust off very gently from my head.  

although I still have redness at week 7   I don't feel too much itchiness to the point that it's really bothering me - do you feel it really bad? 

Edited by kondofoni

Hi, 

the angles the hair is implanted looks good. 

I had a horrible time with the itching. Taking a shower always helped me for some relief. It lasted me about 3 months and then suddenly just stopped one day.  

your head is dry and that’s makes it more itchy. The clinic may have given you a dandruff shampoo, try that, I also used hair oil and still do when the scalp gets dry. I think once I got rid of the dry scalp I felt better. Good luck 

Edited by ASeda

@maxmind90

Have you shared these with your advisor from the clinic? 

You also mention that the situation has improved over the last 2 weeks, any up to date photos?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/19/2019 at 11:43 AM, Raphael84 said:

@maxmind90

Have you shared these with your advisor from the clinic? 

You also mention that the situation has improved over the last 2 weeks, any up to date photos?

Was there ever an update from this patient? It's a bit worrying that they stop updating, was it a bad result?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Huncholini said:

Was there ever an update from this patient? It's a bit worrying that they stop updating, was it a bad result?

When patients stop posting 9/10 it’s because their hair grew and they forget about hair loss. To many, they visit the site to help with a problem (hair loss), and once that problem is solved, they forget about us. 

View my thread

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

When patients stop posting 9/10 it’s because their hair grew and they forget about hair loss. To many, they visit the site to help with a problem (hair loss), and once that problem is solved, they forget about us. 

Couldn't agree more!
I'm currently 4 months post op and I already don't think about my hair at all... I always had this mindset: If you have a problem - take care of it. Hair loss was a problem. Jumped on propecia, did transplant, did everything i can so why would i think about it. I know I'm doing everything right. Technically it's solved.

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

• 3 weeks later...

***Month 10 Update***

Hey guys,

Sorry for not posting here for a while. Was super busy during the holidays and then Covid hit shortly thereafter.

So my hair growth has not gone as well as I expected and I reached out to Dr. Bisanga and he said I have Diffuse Telogen Effluvim and recommended PRP and Mesotherapy. I'm not too sure if these treatments will help or not. I have attached pictures. I'm not too happy at this point and would love to hear what you guys think and can suggest.

IMG_0479.jpeg

IMG_0480.jpeg

IMG_0481.jpeg

IMG_0487.jpeg

IMG_0485.jpeg

IMG_0486.jpeg