Dr Cinik 4720 Grafts Progress

Hair Today

46 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Further improvement! Getting better every month. 

Thank you, I can't see too much difference between this month's photos and last, but I can notice a real difference in all over thickness lately :)

• Valued Contributor

I think this has turned out incredible! I appreciate that you share your recipient’s weaknesses and don’t just just sugar coat it by only sharing it styled under perfect conditions.

The use of the word “weakness” is extremely relative here. Your result really looks great!

I have some questions for you. With this technically being a repair is your personal plan to wait until 18 months to expect a final result? I’ve been told by several elite doctors that sometimes repairs can take 18 months to mature after already having had work done in those areas, depending on the amount of scar tissue.

When you had grafts placed in your scar were they placed directly into the scar or were they placed in a manner to make the scar appear thinner? I don’t know how wide your scar was after 2 FUT’s but mine got fairly wide after 1 and I’ve heard of doctors placing grafts at the top and bottom of wider scars while leaving the middle exposed in order to conserve grafts while giving off the appearance of a razor thin scar. Your scar looks 👌🏻👌🏻 after two FUT’s so I was just wondering.

Congrats on your progress so far. I can’t imagine that you’re not completely over the moon. Dr Cinik is a beast!! He did right by you, for sure.

Edited by Steeeve

5 hours ago, Steeeve said:

I think this has turned out incredible! I appreciate that you share your recipient’s weaknesses and don’t just just sugar coat it by only sharing it styled under perfect conditions.

The use of the word “weakness” is extremely relative here. Your result really looks great!

I have some questions for you. With this technically being a repair is your personal plan to wait until 18 months to expect a final result? I’ve been told by several elite doctors that sometimes repairs can take 18 months to mature after already having had work done in those areas, depending on the amount of scar tissue.

When you had grafts placed in your scar were they placed directly into the scar or were they placed in a manner to make the scar appear thinner? I don’t know how wide your scar was after 2 FUT’s but mine got fairly wide after 1 and I’ve heard of doctors placing grafts at the top and bottom of wider scars while leaving the middle exposed in order to conserve grafts while giving off the appearance of a razor thin scar. Your scar looks 👌🏻👌🏻 after two FUT’s so I was just wondering.

Congrats on your progress so far. I can’t imagine that you’re not completely over the moon. Dr Cinik is a beast!! He did right by you, for sure.

Thank you Steeeve, yes as much as showing off how great it looks, I also want to give an honest account and show the weaknesses too.  Whilst it is still thin in places I can still style it fairly easily to cover these.  For years and years I wouldn't go outside without fibres and now I haven't used them in months so it's been absolutely life changing!  Though on the flipside of that I have noticed if it's a sunny day the light does shine through the hairline and expose that it's not as thick as it may appear to be.

It's only in recent months I've become aware that scar tissue from previous procedures can affect the results.  As per previous procedures I was expecting the final result to be near enough after 12 months, though apparently the crown can take longer than this?  Honestly if what I have now is my final result I will be thrilled, but if there's more to come within the next few months then fantastic! :)  

Grafts placed in my FUT scarring was done in my third procedure in 2017 and from what I could tell they filled the scar itself all over, though there is an area that didn't grow so well and I can also notice some of the implanted hairs in the scar grow in different directions to the native hairs.  I think I am just one of the lucky ones with my scar not being too noticeable, but when I do shave the sides and back I am always careful not to go too high or it would definitely be noticeable!

Thanks again, I think when I told Dr Cinik about my 3 previous procedures which were mostly unsuccessful he thought he would be the one to show how good he is and to show me what a good procedure is, he really couldn't have done more for me and I would highly recommend him to anyone!

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 8:44 PM, HmDiars said:

Great, how is your feeling? I mean what is difference before and after? 

If you mean how does my scalp feel then for the first few months it is still a little numb, but after that it feels completely back to normal :) 

• 2 weeks later...

So 1 year ago today I had my procedure and here are what will probably be my final results!

I've taken photos showing my hair in the best possible conditions as well as the worst, as it's the styling which is key to covering the areas which are still thin.  I've also grown my hair a little longer at the sides to see how the temporal points look with a bit of growth, and they are definitely different to the native hair.

Also I've put together a month by month comparison, I look back at some of the earlier months now and almost forget just how bad my hair used to be!

As I've said before I'm absolutely thrilled with my results, and although they are not perfect I had very realistic expectations with how thin my hair was and after my previous experiences.

This will be my last regular update as I don't think things will change much more from now?  However I may post some more photos when I choose to get my hair cut shorter to see if it still looks as good with less hair to cover the thin areas?  Also I'm very interested in the results of procedures over a much longer period of time and whether results really are permanent?  Because I know I lost a lot of the transplanted hairs I originally obtained from my earlier procedures over the space of a decade, so it will be interesting to see if the skills of my latest surgeon have a greater longevity than the last?

Thank you everyone for your comments and following my story :)

20200802_161857.jpg

20200802_164713.jpg

20200802_164855.jpg

20200802_164905.jpg

20200802_164909.jpg

20200802_165204.jpg

20200802_165339.jpg

20200802_165730.jpg

HT4 Month By Month Comparison.jpg

Edited by Hair Today
  • Like 1

Awesome post.  It looks like great improvement from month 9 to 12.   Does the photo reflect reality in your opinion?  Did you still notice more density after month 9?  I plan on making a similar photo collage at my 1 year mark.  Thanks 

34 minutes ago, October said:

Awesome post.  It looks like great improvement from month 9 to 12.   Does the photo reflect reality in your opinion?  Did you still notice more density after month 9?  I plan on making a similar photo collage at my 1 year mark.  Thanks 

Yes I think the photos do mostly reflect reality, and I've taken some with my hair parted so you can see where it is weak, though I have noticed when out in the sun it can shine straight through and expose weak areas too.  I think at month 9 it was close to the final result and since then it has just thickened up a bit more on top.  Feel free to link me to your collage when done, would love to see!

Thanks so much for doing this blog. Your 1-2 month photos are identical to mine (4300 grafts with Cinik) to be honest I have a bit of worry as I look like, well to be honest, crap but to see the change in yours is so great. Thanks for posting and look forward to my results being close to yours. Cheers. Peter in UK 

On 8/8/2020 at 2:44 PM, Usexpat said:

Thanks so much for doing this blog. Your 1-2 month photos are identical to mine (4300 grafts with Cinik) to be honest I have a bit of worry as I look like, well to be honest, crap but to see the change in yours is so great. Thanks for posting and look forward to my results being close to yours. Cheers. Peter in UK 

No problem!  I remember the worry early on, patience is key :)  If you do a blog or post anything let me know and I'll check it out.