Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm using minoxidil on my crown and also taking saw palmetto, biotin, zinc and omega 3 fish oil tablets daily. Not sure how effective these supplements are but figured I would use them for at least the first year to give the transplanted hairs the best possible chance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up to 9 months now and progress is much the same, my hairline is great and masks the thinner areas on top.  Now I'm growing the sides a little it is definitely apparent that the left temporal point is

The Fue technique, is not an old technique like Fut, so there are not many long-term experiences, on other forums, I have read of users who complain of transplanted hair loss after about two years, th

aaaaaa 😂😂😂 .. I understand another thing🤦🏻‍♂️

Posted Images

So today marks the 6 month / half year point!

Density seems to be improving still, though there are some areas that are thinner than others which I hope will even out in time.  Using the flash can make it look ridiculously good, though as you can see from the photos taken from above it is still quite thin in some places.

20200202_174851.jpg

20200202_180956.jpg

20200202_180956A.jpg

20200202_181044.jpg

20200202_181128A.jpg

20200202_181138.jpg

20200202_181251.jpg

20200202_181523.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, nishchd said:

Definitely an improvement from month 5. 

Does saw palmetto giving you any sides?

I haven't noticed any side effects, don't think there should be with saw palmetto as it's natural?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hair Today said:

I haven't noticed any side effects, don't think there should be with saw palmetto as it's natural?

I have seen people getting sides from saw palmetto as well because it blocks DHT too like finestride.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw palmetto is alot weaker vs Finasteride.

I would say anyone with significant Androgenetic hairloss should opt for Finasteride vs Saw palmetto. I take both but saw palmetto doesnt do much, I just have some from Cinik so I will use it. I dont think side effects are possible with saw palmetto unless in ultra-rare scenarios but I dont think it does much either. Just my gut feeling thats all...

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Blackweasel said:

Compared to where you where before these are wicked results. I would be very happy...

Thank you and yes I am very happy 😃  Hard to explain but my hair as it is just feels like normal now and I have to go back to look at the before and early photos to remember just how bad it was!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

So 7 months today and this has been a really good month for progress.  A couple of days ago I left the house without fibres for the first time in nearly 15 years!  I was still very nervous that a sudden gust of wind could expose a thin area 😆😅  But it is very big thing that I no longer feel I need to rely on the fibres like I have done over the years ☺️

Otherwise now that it has been over half a year and I am able to shave the transplanted hairs I have cut the sides down to a grade 1.  This has exposed the temporal points which I had transplanted which I think look a little odd with individual hairs appearing different to the non-transplanted shaved areas?

20200302_180201.jpg

20200302_180239.jpg

20200302_180248.jpg

20200302_180609.jpg

20200302_180630.jpg

20200302_180651.jpg

20200302_180845.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Congratulations for your recent update, its really looks thick and strong now.

Few question in my mind, you said you were using fibres till now.

1.So, were you using them everyday?

2.Did you use to wash them everyday with shampoo?

3.Does using fibres in first 6 months effects new hair growth anyhow by sticking on the scalp?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nishchd said:

Hi,

Congratulations for your recent update, its really looks thick and strong now.

Few question in my mind, you said you were using fibres till now.

1.So, were you using them everyday?

2.Did you use to wash them everyday with shampoo?

3.Does using fibres in first 6 months effects new hair growth anyhow by sticking on the scalp?

Thank you 🙂

1) Yes I would use a combination of Dermmatch and Toppik and previously never went out in public without them.

2) Because I needed so many fibres I would often only wash my hair a couple of times a week because of both the time and cost factors, even though I'm sure it would have been bad for my hair to leave them on that long.

3) As I was led to believe after the scab phase of a transplant it was safe to use fibres, though after being in touch with my clinic recently they advised against using them and fortunately I do not need to use many at all now.  I don't know if there are any experts in the forum who can advise further on this point?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Egy said:

Hi @Hair Today can I ask you what you take (multivitamins, biotin, Finasteride, Minoxidil or other) and if you have also done some PRP treatment?  Thank you

Sure I'm taking minoxidil as well as the multivitamins saw palmetto, biotin, zinc and omega 3 fish oil. I'm unsure about taking all of these long term but thought I would try them for at least the first year to give my transplanted hairs the best chance.  I had PRP on the day of surgery with Dr Cinik but haven't had any more treatments since.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

Hope you're all doing okay in these tough times?

Today is 8 months since my op and here are the photos.  I've only taken a couple with the flash on this time as I think these can be quite misleading and make my hair look denser than it actually is.  There is quite a difference between whether I style my hair to cover the thin parts on top and if I part my hair to expose them (see the last two photos).  I think the most important part is the hairline which is coming through really well now and because this part is so dense it helps keep the rest of the thinness on top hidden.

I am still hoping for the thin areas to improve over the next few months, however if this were to be my final result I would still absolutely be over the moon! :) 

20200402_193955.jpg

20200402_194204.jpg

20200402_194551.jpg

20200402_194551A.jpg

20200402_194615.jpg

20200402_195136.jpg

20200402_195314.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Up to 9 months now and progress is much the same, my hairline is great and masks the thinner areas on top.  Now I'm growing the sides a little it is definitely apparent that the left temporal point is coming through thicker than the native hairs which make it look a bit odd?  Also again as you can see comparing photos if I style my hair to cover the thin areas it looks great, but if the thin areas are exposed it doesn't look so good.

20200503_171420.jpg

20200503_171446.jpg

20200503_171451.jpg

20200503_171503.jpg

20200503_171820.jpg

20200503_172029.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

Ten months today and here's the update!  Also as I'm currently sporting a lockdown beard I thought I'd include a photo of under my chin so you can see how it grows after having grafts harvested, there are some thinner areas but I don't think it's very noticeable? 

 

 

20200602_135418.jpg

20200602_135502.jpg

20200602_135629.jpg

20200602_135829.jpg

20200602_140011.jpg

20200602_140105.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

These latest pics show a further improvement. I was curious as to how the beard would be grown out after taking that many grafts. When it’s clean shaven can you see any evidence that grafts have been taken? 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Johnboy71 said:

These latest pics show a further improvement. I was curious as to how the beard would be grown out after taking that many grafts. When it’s clean shaven can you see any evidence that grafts have been taken? 
 

Sure here is a photo of the back of my head, I don't think it looks too bad considering I've had two FUE and two FUT procedures on it?

20200602_152016.thumb.jpg.b47cd4b5744e5d7115554fe14abb5fd8.jpg

 

Also there is a post earlier in this thread where I uploaded some photos of under my chin when I didn't have the beard :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow ! I also have had x2 FUT but my scar is quite stretched, yours is excellent. 
I also have had x3 FUE and that’s why I am looking to use my beard hair like you have done. My beard is similar to yours so I’m hoping to take as many grafts as possible from it.

Seeing your results it has made me just contact the clinic. So yours was all done in a day ? 
I see there are 3 tiers with regards to payment. Did you choose the top one? 
sorry for all the questions! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Johnboy71 said:

Wow ! I also have had x2 FUT but my scar is quite stretched, yours is excellent. 
I also have had x3 FUE and that’s why I am looking to use my beard hair like you have done. My beard is similar to yours so I’m hoping to take as many grafts as possible from it.

Seeing your results it has made me just contact the clinic. So yours was all done in a day ? 
I see there are 3 tiers with regards to payment. Did you choose the top one? 
sorry for all the questions! 

Thank you, I've kept my hair longer around where the FUT scarring is to help mask it, also I did have some grafts put there in my procedure before this one.

It's good to know I'm not the only one who has had multiple procedures!  I found that over the space of about 10 years my transplanted hairs from my first two procedures were falling out and getting thinner (these are supposed to be permanent as they say hairs from the side and back of your head are DHT resistant even in the new areas), have you experienced the same problem?

I chose the exclusive package which I think is the middle priced one with Dr Cinik doing my incisions, it was done within a day though it was a very long day!  I would fully recommend Dr Cinik, I've seen consistently good results from him and I'm absolutely thrilled with my own :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Hair Today said:

I found that over the space of about 10 years my transplanted hairs from my first two procedures were falling out and getting thinner (these are supposed to be permanent as they say hairs from the side and back of your head are DHT resistant even in the new areas), have you experienced the same problem?

I have already written it in some other thread, in my opinion the transplant is not for life, I believe that even after a few years the transplanted hair falls out, it depends on our vascularization in the reception area, but nobody attaches due importance to it.  And unfortunately it's a genetic thing.  We do not know if where we put the hair, underneath we have more or less blood vessels willing to feed the new grafts .. our predisposition is fundamental, the clinics will never admit it, otherwise few would decide to spend money and after a few years they would have found themselves before  or later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Egy said:

I have already written it in some other thread, in my opinion the transplant is not for life, I believe that even after a few years the transplanted hair falls out, it depends on our vascularization in the reception area, but nobody attaches due importance to it.  And unfortunately it's a genetic thing.  We do not know if where we put the hair, underneath we have more or less blood vessels willing to feed the new grafts .. our predisposition is fundamental, the clinics will never admit it, otherwise few would decide to spend money and after a few years they would have found themselves before  or later.

This is obviously a big concern for anyone undergoing procedures, but I can't seem to find much information about it anywhere?  Maybe people are just afraid to talk about it or don't want to? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Hair Today said:

I can't seem to find much information about it anywhere?  Maybe people are just afraid to talk about it or don't want to? 

The Fue technique, is not an old technique like Fut, so there are not many long-term experiences, on other forums, I have read of users who complain of transplanted hair loss after about two years, these discussions are "controlled" by the administrators  of these forums, even with the elimination of "convinced" users, this is because there is impressive business around hair transplantation and the clinics together with those corrupt forums have no interest in talking about it because many people would therefore avoid having a  hair transplant.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...