Matthew McConaughey Hair transplant or hair piece?

Hair piece or hair transplant   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Administrators

What does the community think? Id love yo hear some in depth theories. Some have claimed a procedure with one of our surgeons in Chicago. Others claim it’s a hair piece. I can see both, but I’m leaning towards the hair piece.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Nah I think we've had it wrong this whole time it's obviously Regenix 

• Haha 5

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Valued Contributor

I think it’s a little bit of both.

Back in ‘00 I hadn’t moved to Austin yet but I was there with my then girlfriend and I came across him at a UT football game. My hair had already started thinning so I was hyper aware of and always staring and guys heads. This was around the time of his bongo incident. His hair was pretty long and really thin throughout. 

So then in the summer of ‘15 I worked on Free State Of Jones. He has a lady who JUST works with his hair. I don’t know her name but she also worked on his hair piece for the movie Gold. All I can say is that she’s a magician. Being as close to him as I get to my own wife there was no sign of concealer of any kind.  Nor was there any sign of a hair piece. All of those people have a team of people whose sole purpose is just to make sure that they look good when they go out to make public appearances. 

My everyday job is at one of the Alamo Drafthouse’s in Austin and last year he came in on a very slow day with his kids to watch a Pixar movie. Nothing to cover his head. His frontal third looked fairly strong except his corners which were super recessed-nothing like you see in pictures or movies.

There’s really no way to be certain until he comes forward-which he never will-but I think he’s had some FUE done because that frontal 3rd was way thicker than it was during his bongo days. I think he styles it cleverly in order to go out publicly and then for films he uses some strategic pieces to bring it all together.

I think JT was spot on with his video.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Steeeve said:

I think it’s a little bit of both.

Back in ‘00 I hadn’t moved to Austin yet but I was there with my then girlfriend and I came across him at a UT football game. My hair had already started thinning so I was hyper aware of and always staring and guys heads. This was around the time of his bongo incident. His hair was pretty long and really thin throughout. 

So then in the summer of ‘15 I worked on Free State Of Jones. He has a lady who JUST works with his hair. I don’t know her name but she also worked on his hair piece for the movie Gold. All I can say is that she’s a magician. Being as close to him as I get to my own wife there was no sign of concealer of any kind.  Nor was there any sign of a hair piece. All of those people have a team of people whose sole purpose is just to make sure that they look good when they go out to make public appearances. 

My everyday job is at one of the Alamo Drafthouse’s in Austin and last year he came in on a very slow day with his kids to watch a Pixar movie. Nothing to cover his head. His frontal third looked fairly strong except his corners which were super recessed-nothing like you see in pictures or movies.

There’s really no way to be certain until he comes forward-which he never will-but I think he’s had some FUE done because that frontal 3rd was way thicker than it was during his bongo days. I think he styles it cleverly in order to go out publicly and then for films he uses some strategic pieces to bring it all together.

I think JT was spot on with his video.

Wow this is an excellent reply. Dang man I knew he was from Texas, but for some reason I thought he'd be living out here in LA. We'll have to get a drink if i'm ever in Austin haha.

View my thread

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Wow this is an excellent reply. Dang man I knew he was from Texas, but for some reason I thought he'd be living out here in LA. We'll have to get a drink if i'm ever in Austin haha.

Man, if you’re ever in Austin 100% hit me up.

I’m not saying he doesn’t have a place in LA but he’s definitely got a few houses/compounds here in Texas. 

Also, my bad. I totally forgot to not name he that must never be mentioned...

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Steeeve said:

Man, if you’re ever in Austin 100% hit me up.

I’m not saying he doesn’t have a place in LA but he’s definitely got a few houses/compounds here in Texas. 

Also, my bad. I totally forgot to not name he that must never be mentioned...

Yea, I’m fairly certain he’s from Texas. Haha no worries, it’s not a big deal. Yea man Austin seems like a pretty cool place definitely wanna go.

View my thread

• Valued Contributor
16 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Yea, I’m fairly certain he’s from Texas. Haha no worries, it’s not a big deal. Yea man Austin seems like a pretty cool place definitely wanna go.

He’s definitely from Texas. I don’t know if he has places to live other than in Texas. I would just assume he does. He’s, like, ultra rich. I’m sure he has places everywhere. 

• Administrators

Guys,

I’m starting to think regenix may be a place that sells systems as well. Could it be that Matthew was coming clean without saying it lol.

BCE4695E-033F-4737-B8B5-6DA8B768FC49.jpeg

View my thread

• Administrators
1 hour ago, VicTNYC said:

He’s definitely had some FUE work done in his frontal area, probably went to the same surgeon Elon went to...I’d bet a Testla on it.😂

🤔 I feel like Elon definitely had an HT, but I wonder who was the surgeon. 

View my thread

I actually mentioned this rumour to the Chicago doctor and he seemed fairly bemused by it.  

I don't think MM has had any work, but has some kind of professional hairstyling set up and has probably been on finasteride to maintain what he's got.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

There was a show in the UK, this was late 90’s/early 00’s, it was called TFI Friday hosted by Chris evens (not the actor) and MM was on there one night, there was above spotlighting and I remember even back then thinking how thin his hair was, I’m talking almost totally see through. Doesn’t seem to be any evidence of the interview online, but I’ve always wanted to see it again. I was just beginning to experience hair loss myself at this time so I was really paying attention to it