3500 Grafts 23 Yrs Old Almost 5 Months Post Op

BEL8

I’m looking for opinions on how things are progressing for someone who got 3500 grafts. I know it’s still pretty early to determine the outcome of the procedure as I’m a week shy of being 5 months post OP.. I’m satisfied with my hairline design and what not , but I’m somewhat anxious on whether or not the density will be enough when the hairs start to mature.. Which again I won’t know until a few more months (I think)... Maybe I’m too in my head about it and I know others are worried about how their result is going to turn out so it is normal. I guess I’m just hoping for the best of my situation.. Anyways I would appreciate some feedback! Thank you.

Also I started growing early from 2/2.5 months

04746EC2-4190-4147-95BA-0BB84DCA4076.jpeg

6FF24FE8-1A16-4450-A217-2B0128B16521.jpeg

0642BB39-39AC-4053-A25A-BC76CAAD7CE6.jpeg

149D3B2E-4DE6-4FCA-8023-0B3360E79074.jpeg

2C38DE78-0C6B-4FC1-8B0C-09CDB3106DEE.jpeg

937F6F62-200F-48E8-AAA7-A04758E22E48.jpeg

Edited by BEL8

Hi @BEL8

Thanks for posting your photos and sharing with the community.

Do you have any pre op and immediately post op images to better understand the situation/complete area that was addressed?

Who was your physician?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

12 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

Hi @BEL8

Thanks for posting your photos and sharing with the community.

Do you have any pre op and immediately post op images to better understand the situation/complete area that was addressed?

Who was your physician?

Yeah, here is a few pictures

And regarding the physician.. I got my HT in Istanbul, Turkey with a company called “SuleHairTransplant” They have an Instagram page with a lot of different patients results and have footage of the operation before and after and the area that they oversee within. I also know quite a lot of people from my country who’ve went here and have returned with really good results, so mostly one of the reasons I ended up making this decision to have it here as I didn’t want to go somewhere I haven’t witnessed results first hand. It’s located in a hospital sector within “Medical Park”. The operation was carried out by technicians I’m positive, which I also know is a risky move for some, but for me personally I was willing to as my native hair is quite decent and quite frankly I don’t really have anything to lose!

Mostly just anxious due to all the time and effort that I can’t get back, so I’m optimistic about a great end result. (Here’s hoping!)

9279097A-AC6E-4BAD-A4B4-8CD0C057E368.jpeg

F263E711-210B-4376-ADD9-A4060BDEED3D.jpeg

F2BCE29C-C0CB-406A-A6AD-66941FF7A623.jpeg

DCEDC2F8-21FF-4AB6-8FCE-5CCB141E3F42.jpeg

E561B2B9-4B54-49F3-BB6E-84F7679F66B4.jpeg

• Administrators

5 months is very early, but it looks like there’s some growth already.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

20 hours ago, HLPToronto said:

looks good, looks like you are on the right track. 

i like the  hairline also, suits you facially 

Thanks man, I’m really happy with it!

• Like 1

Looks good. Next two months, but even next month are transformative. My hairs are still thin, but I'm hopeful they thicken, I don't know why they wouldn't. The hairline looks good, and it passes as natural, even with the shorter and thinner HT hairs. 

Most people won't spend long enough looking at your hair to notice anything. Enjoy yourself out there and don't worry about it. Even if anything was suspected, passing it off as a bad haircut or even "that's just how my hair grows" is sufficient. I would be in shock if enough people approached you with questions for you to even waste time thinking of responses. Your hair looks good.

• Like 2

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

7 hours ago, ndubya said:

This is a total failure and NO grafts will  grow.

Hehe, Naw just kidding, give it time. It takes 12 to 18 months. 

Hahaha you gave me a mini-heart attack with that comment... And yeah I know waiting is the most important part of the process, just doesn’t help that I’m impatient 😂😖

On 8/26/2019 at 1:06 AM, Lennney said:

My hairs are still thin, but I'm hopeful they thicken, I don't know why they wouldn't.

Hey Lennney,

i think we are all on the same page here;  there are two components to this :

thin hair

small hair, growing very slowly , my main concern after 5 months is - do they ever catch up with your natural hair in terms of density, straightness, color, contract and most importantly equal length ?

for example if my natural hair currently are 6 inches long, will 1 inch baby hair ever catch up to be 6 inch long if you comb, they all come to the same level and then cut them with scissors :) i am doubtful this would ever happen for every single hair follicle that was  transplanted , we should just wish maximum # of grafts eventually catches up with the natural ones 

2 hours ago, HLPToronto said:

Hey Lennney,

i think we are all on the same page here;  there are two components to this :

thin hair

small hair, growing very slowly , my main concern after 5 months is - do they ever catch up with your natural hair in terms of density, straightness, color, contract and most importantly equal length ?

for example if my natural hair currently are 6 inches long, will 1 inch baby hair ever catch up to be 6 inch long if you comb, they all come to the same level and then cut them with scissors :) i am doubtful this would ever happen for every single hair follicle that was  transplanted , we should just wish maximum # of grafts eventually catches up with the natural ones 

So, I think that some hairs just grow faster than others. I've noticed that my top bangs always grew faster than my "donor" area. I used to rock the mop look, and I noticed that the top and bangs grew faster than the back. I had the stranger things kid look. I wouldn't be too concerned with how fast the hair grows. It will definitely grow to the desired length eventually, but if you're trying to grow your hair nonstop, I think the change will become apparent after a couple months.

I think color will be affected by shampoos, sun damage and whatever other factors affect hair color. Your hair that surrounds the recipient has experienced all of this many times, but perhaps the thinner recipient hair has not. Also, the thinner the hair, the less pronounced the color. I think after a few years when all the hairs go through a shed cycle, the hairs will look indistinguishable.

I think that given enough time your hair will grow out to that 6 inch length if you keep trimming the old hair down to 6 inches. That's why hairdressers pinch hair between their fingers and cut all the hairs to the same length. Some hairs are only a half inch long, while the others are 8 inches. If you keep cutting the hair to the same length, they'll all eventually become cut at the 6 inch mark. Plus, if you keep letting the hairdresser do that, you'll keep a high volume. It may not be ideal because the hair will stack and make the less dense areas look goofy. That's why I stress a pass with the thinning shears. You will want to have variety in your hair length (behind the hairline of course, not in the hairline!). The variety in hair length will keep you from looking like a brady bunch character.

EDIT:

I remember what I was going to mention. I still have one hair that REFUSES to grow. It is stuck at 1cm, and doesn't do anything. Doesn't look infected or anything like that, just grows 1/4 the speed of my fingernails. It's a little frustrating, but almost unnoticeable. I had to really search to find that hair. For hairs like that, I have no idea.

Edited by Lennney
EDIT
  • Like 1

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

19 hours ago, Lennney said:

I remember what I was going to mention. I still have one hair that REFUSES to grow. It is stuck at 1cm, and doesn't do anything. Doesn't look infected or anything like that, just grows 1/4 the speed of my fingernails. It's a little frustrating, but almost unnoticeable. I had to really search to find that hair. For hairs like that, I have no idea.

LOL yeah some baby hairs are stubborn like that :)  may be give him more time and pray that it grows to be a mature one 

Its so weird that none of the members commented on the age of the patient and what he has to expect after a decade. 3500 grafts for 23 yr old is alot and if he’s not on medication why bother getting a HT done cuz everything else is going to fall anyway. If a 23 yr old patient has lost so much hair at this age a HT is not gonna fix anything if he’s not on medication plus his donor is also weak for a 23 yr old. This is my opinion senior members can guide better

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vickykuril said:

Its so weird that none of the members commented on the age of the patient and what he has to expect after a decade. 3500 grafts for 23 yr old is alot and if he’s not on medication why bother getting a HT done cuz everything else is going to fall anyway. If a 23 yr old patient has lost so much hair at this age a HT is not gonna fix anything if he’s not on medication plus his donor is also weak for a 23 yr old. This is my opinion senior members can guide better

Well, I’ve had a receded/high hairline since 15-16, I haven’t actually experienced hair loss or at least noticed anything since then .. But, I do plan to take finasteride at some point in my life if it is needed when I can see evidence of thinning. Truth be told I’m not too fussed if I lost hair in my middle age, I’m more concerned with living today as I have my youth lol... I wouldn’t consider my donor weak personally as I’ve seen far worse individuals have a HT and it still worked out amazing for them? At the end of the day a hair transplant is never going to fix a balding problem truly only make it look more presentable than it did before so realistically it’s better to try than to sit and accept a fate you do not want which for me is to have my hairline back and I took that a chance hoping things will work out... I appreciate your opinion but I have to disagree..

• 1 month later...

Looks on track to me. You still have a few more months for new hairs to emerge. I would give it 12 months before making a judgment.  That's the way it was for me, I saw continuing improvements until the 2 yr mark.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warmachine said:

What are those dots for in the front? Is that just a marker? 

I’m assuming you’re speaking about the result of receiving a painless anaesthesia ahaha.. So it was pretty much a needle pen that they punch into the surface of my skin around the surrounding areas to prepare for my operation. I received it around my forehead and the back of my head so I didn’t feel much discomfort with extraction and placement of grafts. It was a little annoying to me at first because they too have to heal with the redness and they too for me took around the same time to fade with the redness!

• Administrators

Looks very promising who was the surgeon?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Looks very promising who was the surgeon?

I took a trip to Turkey to get the procedure done at a clinic called “Sule Hair” you can google if you want it was preformed at a hospital called Medical Park. :)

Looking good, just be patient.  If you want to compare your results you can look at my before/afters on my website that this point in your journey to compare.  Website posted below.  Keeps us posted with your progress and happy growing.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 10/3/2019 at 7:48 PM, BEL8 said:

I took a trip to Turkey to get the procedure done at a clinic called “Sule Hair” you can google if you want it was preformed at a hospital called Medical Park. :)

Wow you are brave to pick a random place like that.

• Administrators
On 10/3/2019 at 5:48 PM, BEL8 said:

Never heard of them, but I hope you grow well 😊

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys I’m just a few days over 7 months and the progress has improved a lot since. I’m pretty happy so far with the outcome, only the left temple still has to fill in a little bit/mature/thicken up! Hopefully in the last few months approaching the 12 month mark will the entire result be A1! I think I’m heading to the result I exactly imagined in my head! Haven’t cut my hair since OP so it’s really messy atm! 😂😄🙏🏻

0A54950F-19D3-4A7D-85C3-58666B2622F8.jpeg

B2E6F962-A5C6-4DA8-B096-736AD6AEA3E3.jpeg

D220FD94-1C10-457A-A4CF-D8B2DF37697D.jpeg

Edited by BEL8