Is wearing pomade/gel in post-transplant hair a bad idea?

• Administrators

No absolutely not. Personally, I have used several brands. Layrite pomade is great. I also like American Crew Fiber for a matte finish. Currently, I use Redken Maneuvering Pomade. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Nothing wrong with using products.  What I've noticed, however, is the fact that people tend to over use it.  The hair then sticks together and it makes see through far more apparent.  So the trick is to use a little so the hair does not clump together.  Something else....

From time to time you'll notice, particularly shortly after a procedure, (6 months), the transplanted hair grows a bit different than the native stuff.  It will curl, grow in a slightly different direction, etc.  Gel helps to train the hair so eventually it will do what you want it to do.  

What make depends on what look you are going for.  Wet, dry, etc.  I am a fan of Bed Head.  They have an array of products depending on what you're trying to accomplish.  

• Administrators
2 hours ago, clerksband said:

And what about clay vs pomade vs fiber vs cream... totally lost with so many choices. My hair is kinda short, and don’t want anything supersticky and shinny. Also being post-HT is still thin.

Can you post a picture of your hair? Have you tried hair fibers like toppik caboki? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Pics would definitely help to evaluate.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 3 weeks later...