Some Transplanted Hairs after 2 years

KiranJainn

I'm experiencing some transplanted hair loss at the center to left forehead, after 2 years of my hair transplant!!! Any similar experienced persons here? I've dandruff, is that the problem of this hair loss? Please advise.

37 minutes ago, KiranJainn said:

I'm experiencing some transplanted hair loss at the center to left forehead, after 2 years of my hair transplant!!! Any similar experienced persons here? I've dandruff, is that the problem of this hair loss? Please advise.

Hi Kiran,

You could try using Nizoral shampoo twice a week and see how you get on with that.

This should clear up the dandruff and then we can address whether this was causing the hair loss.

8 minutes ago, Shera said:

Hi Kiran,

You could try using Nizoral shampoo twice a week and see how you get on with that.

This should clear up the dandruff and then we can address whether this was causing the hair loss.

Actually, does dandruff affect transplanted hairs? If I could control drandruff, can lost hair grow back????

• Administrators

Can you post pictures?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Cant comment anything without seeing earlier pics with transplanted hair. If transplanted hairs are dying  then grafts might be harvested from MPB area which are not dth resistant or the grafts got damaged through transection while harvesting.its just my opinion

senior members can guide you after you post pre op , post op and result pics and donor area pics just after post op . Also ur age and medication you were on after the transplant 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, KiranJainn said:

Sure. Please check..

IMG_20190822_175155S.jpg

This could be seasonal shedding. Can you post what you looked like before the hair transplant? Perhaps you’re losing native non-transplanted hair.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Dear all.. I've discussed this matter with my doctor. He said its nothing but seasonal. He recommended Ketoconazole 2% shampoo once/twice in a week to prevent dandruff. I regularly use finasteride, biotin and folic acid tab at night. And use Seven Seas cod liver oil (Omega 3 oil) capsule with afternoon lunch. The redness is nothing but the color of that photograph. Here is my previous pic - taken one year ago. I have experienced the same but semi seasonal shed 8 months ago. I'm 43 now.

DSC_8725~2.jpg

Edited by KiranJainn

Actually not the whole donor area hairs are resistant against DHT ,maybe 3-5% of the donor area hairs are not stable against hair loss.Extreme cases more than %5.

I dont think that dandruff directly causes hair loss.To lost transplanted hairs after 2 years is too early.I have heared that after a HT in 4-5 years there can be a thining.