How short can you cut hair after FUE so that scars are undetectable? (1 year post op)

21 hours ago, HLPToronto said:

AFTER FUE HT - WE HAVE ONLY 2 OPTIONS:

either very short - complete buzz on the sides 

or relatively very long -

there is nothing in between - and yes, it applies to both recipient and donor areas 

Why is that? Why we can't have anything in between?

41 minutes ago, rotrichrich said:

Why is that? Why we can't have anything in between?

Well, this  is based on my research 

if we want to look good/normal without anyone noticing any minor detail that hT was being done on us....

either keep hairs very long or cut them very very short  - almost shaven 

i am choosing with the first option and growing them now onwards :)

Just now, HLPToronto said:

if we want to look good/normal without anyone noticing any minor detail that hT was being done on us....

So if we grow hair mid-length are signs of surgery become more noticeable? I like to  get a very short haircut (military to hide temples) and then keep growing hair until its very long. Then cut again and repeat cycle. I like to experience all hair lengths. So that got me a bit worried, as I believed hair transplant is going to help me stop worrying constantly about how my hair looks...

7 hours ago, rotrichrich said:

if we grow hair mid-length are signs of surgery become more noticeable?

IMHO, yes 

you can test it yourself by taking few high resolution pics from top, sides, under sunlight etc all normal circumstances and mid length somehow can easily expose some signs especially from the donor area

3000 plus cylindrical shaped holes are extracted from donor, what do you expect - zero signs, 

but when hair are  kept longer, they tend to overlap the ones below so it gives a dense look obviously especially after shampoo and blowdrying 

or if buzz cut around donor area and keep growing on the top ( disconnected undercut hairstyle which is in fashion today), it can look really good... tiny white spots are not actually noticeable that much 

but mid length in most cases, shows some very small gaps between bunch of hair patches as few areas are cleaned up forever lol... nothing is ever growing there again 

Edited by HLPToronto

So if we grow hair mid-length are signs of surgery become more noticeable? I like to  get a very short haircut (military to hide temples) and then keep growing hair until its very long. Then cut again and repeat cycle. I like to experience all hair lengths. So that got me a bit worried, as I believed hair transplant is going to help me stop worrying constantly about how my hair looks...

nothing to worry, i guess you are talking about your overall hair style ( primarily front)

what i am referring to : is the least significant area ( donor ) but still its important area to be taken care of 

8 hours ago, HLPToronto said:

7FAC6FC9-423E-4CE2-9A3B-EDF1325D3A7D.jpeg

• Like 1